“Great Stay by the River” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Charleston

You added Four Points by Sheraton Charleston to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Charleston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Kanawha Blvd. E., Charleston, WV 25301 (Formerly Ramada Charleston Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Charleston
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Great Stay by the River”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

The nicest Four Points I have stayed at. New property, great breakfast and new gym with everything you need. They acknowledged my SPG Platinum status and I received a nice suite upgrade. Friendly staff and hotel is centrally located - 1 minute walk to my morning meeting which was a nice bonus. Will be my hotel whenever I travel through Charleston in the future.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Noblesville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I can't say enough about this hotel. I stayed one night for business. Hotel shuttle did not just pick me up at the airport, but she offered to make any stops on the way. The next morning after I checked out of the hotel, the shuttle driver took me over to my meeting then PICKED ME UP from the meeting in the afternoon and took me to the airport. I was greeted enthusiastically when I arrived at the hotel - check in was easy - my room was extremely clean (and I am picky). Great amenities in the room. Restaurant is a little pricey but good. It's true that periodically you do hear a train go by, but this is the mountains in West Virginia. The train would have to have come barreling through my room to ruin this trip. It helps that Charleston is an extremely charming town, too.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I have visited Charleston regularly for over a decade and can state with certainty that the Four Points is by far the best hotel and location in the City. I am a Starwood fan, though not exclusive, and they really did a great job here. The service, food, bar, rooms and amenities are excellent. Additionally, the 24 hour courtesy shuttle is invaluable. I sleep well every time so I guess the noise has not been a factor for me as it has been for others.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Narberth, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed here 3 times over the past 2 months. My first stay was fine, although I did notice the curtness of the front desk staff that others have commented on. I never got a "welcome to our hotel so nice to see you" vibe from any of the women staffing the front desk. Not being sexist - they are just not nice. My second stay was last week and I got out of the shower on my first morning to find I had no bath towels or hair dryer. I made do with hand towels and called down for a dryer which never came by the time I had to leave. I complained to the woman at the desk who apologized with words but not with any real feeling behind them. Her mouth said "I'm sorry" but her eyes said "I don't really care". I did speak with Brian in the evening who was very apologetic and said I should let him now if anything was not right going forward, Well, flash forward to this week when one day I get back to the room and the dirty towels are where they were left in the morning and there were no replacements. This prompted me to leave a note requesting towels the next day. The final straw was tonight. I returned to my room to find NOTHING touched. Bed was not made, dirty towels on the floor and wastebaskets filled. I didn't even bother calling downstairs since it doesn't seem like it does anything. My only alternative is to post here and write to Starwood for some kind of resolution. I received a survery a few days ago where I complained bitterly of the problems last week and have not heard a word from a manager. It really is a shame since the bartender, Taja, is great, Brian has been more than pleasant and the rooms are very nice but the bottom line is that if I need to come back to Charleston I will stay at one of the Hilton properties where I am certain I will not have to deal with such horrible hospitality.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Charleston, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear NJCathi,
We sincerely apologize for the dissatisfying experience you had while staying with us. It’s very important to our team to provide wonderful service and properly maintain our guest rooms. It sounds like you were perhaps mistakenly opted into our Make a Green Choice program which rewards guests who choose to forgo housekeeping services during their stay to conserve water and energy. While we are very pleased you received excellent service from Taja and Brain, we are still alarmed by your review. Our General Manager, Dale Jordan, would love the opportunity to personally amend your experience. Should you like, please contact him directly at djordan@bblhosp.com to further discuss your stay. Again, we are very sorry to disappoint you, and we hope we will have the chance to make this experience up to you in the future. All the best.
Shepherdsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a double bed room and staff acted like we were "upgraded" to a riverside room. Turns out that's not a great idea since there is a main road right next to the hotel on the riverside and we listed to trains, trucks, and boats going by at all hours. The heat/ac unit was also very noisy and would wake me everytime it turned on and off. Room was clean and looked modern. We did have an issue the first night when we found out our bathtub wouldn't drain but we were quickly moved to another room and given complimentary breakfast for our troubles. We visited the pool area which was very clean but small. Breakfast at the hotel was just a small area to the side of the lobby but the food was good and service was quick. Parking in the hotel garage was free and easy to access. The downtown area leaves much to be desired. Not much as far as food or entertainment and the "mall" looks like it's slowly dying.

Room Tip: Rooms on the city side are much quieter.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Excellent service, pleasant decor, but very loud. We had a room overlooking the river and were awakened throughout the night with train whistles. The heating system competed with the train, resulting in not much sleep. Personnel were very friendly, and everything else was very good. If you are staying here, request a room on the city side.

Room Tip: Even though the view is beautiful, don't stay on the river side.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very nice hotel for a very reasonable rate! We paid $15 more than the RedRoof down the road but instead got a gracious room, interior corridors, nice interior hotel spaces, and NO SMOKE SMELL. Even with all-non-smoking hotels, those with exterior corridors smell from people smoking outside. We chose the 10th floor to avoid noise of upstairs footsteps and traffic. Quiet weekend and we barely heard cars and a couple distant sirens. One problem: the HVAC system was very noisy! (Maybe this was an individual room 1006 problem.) Note: at check in I was informed of a $10 parking fee but I complained this was not on the website and the fee did not show up on the bill. (Nice courtesy to us but unlikely to transfer to other guests!) Our check in and check out went very smoothly with very nice hotel representatives. Good walking along the river in front of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Charleston? Share your experiences!