“Best hotel to stay at in Charleston!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Charleston

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Charleston to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Charleston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Kanawha Blvd. E., Charleston, WV 25301 (Formerly Ramada Charleston Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Best hotel to stay at in Charleston!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I booked this hotel for my family reunion stay during Labor Day weekend. I booked this hotel for a few reasons 1. I wanted to see how it had been renovated since it was previously an outdated Holiday Inn 2. It's 5 minutes from my mother's apartment. 3. I'm a Starwood preferred guest and lastly, I got an amazing rate. I walked into the hotel and was immediately impressed! Charleston only has a hand full of hotels and none of them are modern and impeccable as Four Points! I know this because I am from Charleston and have stayed at the major chain hotels. One really good asset of the hotel is an employee named Brian, he was friendly, helpful and full of energy at midnight when we arrived. For being a Starwood guest, he upgraded our room to a suite that faced the boulevard, the room was wonderful! I would suggest this room to other guests--#800 or #804 would be just as good. If I had one thing to complain about, I would say it was the thermostat, it had a mind of it's own. No matter what temperature we chose, it returned to a different temperature leaving us a bit hot since they use a large comforter, plus a down blanket, plus a sheet. Other than the thermostat, it was a very pleasant 2 nights stay, the renovations are awesome! I will probably stay here every time I return home to WV. Keep up the good work Brian, you deserve a raise!...lol

Room Tip: Try to get room 800 or 804
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

You may find it strange that I would give place 4 stars and tell you to smell the room before buying it. Since the hotel has only been fully non smoking for 8 months, the upper floor rooms still have lingering odors of cigarettes and cigars when only the fan is on in the air conditioning system. The only other little glitch at this property is that not all the front desk employees are up to speed on a new computer system in the hotel. Barbara checked us in and out and was very competent. Be sure to ask for a downtown map at checkin. It would have been helpful to have one at checkin instead of noticing them at checkout. All of that being said, STAY AT THIS HOTEL BECAUSE IT HAS MANY PLUSSES! Clean and lovely rooms, best beds and pillows ever, super shower with great shampoo and conditioner and gel soap dispensers, and soft and thick towels. The room was quiet, but I think the river view rooms are greatly overrated in the other reviews I've read. The view is not that great so don't be upset if you have the city view. It's also $10 cheaper for city view, which brings me to cost. I will stay at this property again )this time 5th floor or below with city view) because it is the best value downtown for the quality. We did not try the restaurant. We looked at Trip Adviser and chose the #1 rated Charleston restaurant, and that's how we met GINA, the extraordinary shuttle driver employed by the Sheraton to transport guests any where in a 5 mile area. She drove us to dinner and gave us her card with the number to call when we wanted to come back. She also drove us to the Capitol Market. She would have taken and picked us up CHEERFULLY anywhere. Seriously, I'm not her relative, but the Sheraton management should give her a bonus! She is a big reason we would return. Competent, pleasant employees and great service can lessen the memory of poor air quality in our room. She helped us remember the plusses of staying at this 4 Points by Sheraton. We definitely will return.

Stayed September 2014
Milton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We arrived late, around 10:30pm, and the staff were very welcoming. We travelled with a trailer and had no issues parking in the covered garage.
Room was clean- however very loud air conditioner turns off and on all night. Also if you are in a room facing the river be prepared to hear a freight train throughout the night. We did not sleep well and would try another hotel if we return to Charleston.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Man, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very, very clean. Beautiful view overlooking the river. Quiet. Easy access to restaurants, shopping. We would recommend if you are visiting the Charleston area, or just looking for a romantic weekend....This is your hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the beautiful river.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Grand Valley, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at this hotel for a night while passing through West Virginia, staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and very helpful. Rooms were very clean and spacious. We had a room that over looked the river. We were on the 10th floor, very quiet. Area was accessible to restaurants, shopping and even a great walking path outside the hotel doors. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and this stay was as good as the first. I am a SPG Plat who logs over 100 nights a year in SPG hotels and I can say that the service was top-notch. I was upgraded to a top floor suite, front desk staff were extremely friendly and accommodating, and when I ran into staff around the hotel, all asked me how my day was going. Service like this is what will keep me coming back.

The hotel itself is probably the nicest Four Points that I have stayed at. The lobby has a trendy, cool design and the rooms were well appointed and comfortable. This is definitely not your average Four Points... It's much more.

The only thing I can mention that could use a little improvement is the breakfast service. It was a little slow. When you're in business, you want to get in-and-out pretty quick. In this case, ordering was prompt but it took a while to get our food. A minor inconvenience that did not impact the quality of the stay.

Keep up the good service Four Points... I will be back.

Room Tip: If you want a view, face the river.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We got this hotel through an opaque discount site. The hotel is recently-remodeled (2013) and the lobby has that "trendy" look. Check in was fast and friendly. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Our room has a river view (well, it's the Kanawha, but what the heck). Computers in the business center worked well, which was important to us. The free wifi was good, too, for my son's iPod. The location is pretty central in downtown Charleston. We had stayed in another Sheraton on our trip and while it was also nice, this one was nicer.

Only minor complaints:
1) $10 charge for parking. Yeah, I know, it's out of the hotel's control, but I still hate the extra charge.
2) Double beds instead of queen beds. When you have larger beds at home you tend to feel cramped in the doubles. Please get with the program like other hotels and put queen-sized beds in the rooms. Maybe it's a Sheraton thing?

Room Tip: If you use an opaque site but are traveling with kids, make sure you call ahead to specify the type...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Charleston? Share your experiences!