“Excellent! Clean! Great price!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Charleston

You added Four Points by Sheraton Charleston to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Charleston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Kanawha Blvd. E., Charleston, WV 25301 (Formerly Ramada Charleston Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Charleston
Middleburg Heights, Ohio
“Excellent! Clean! Great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This hotel had to be one of the best I've stayed in. I am a rewards member and I was able to book this the same day of arrival with a website promotional price of $89 for a Saturday night in July. We arrived at the hotel and was greeted by the desk clerk with a very friendly hand shake. The clerk was super! Our room was on the 9th floor ( I think) and it was really clean. The decor was up to date and modern. The beds were really comfortable. The view was beautiful overlooking the river. The only thing bad was the parking. There's no clear view of where to park if the hotel front parking lot is full. I thought my husband got lost when he dropped me off and I stood in the lobby waiting, wondering what happened to him. He said he had to park in the garage somewhere behind the hotel.

Room Tip: ask for the river view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Charleston, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Amy D,
Thank you for your review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and liked our modern and comfortable guest rooms in addition to receiving excellent service from our staff. We apologize for the confusion with parking as we should have had someone to direct where to go. Rest assured, we have shared this with our team to ensure our guests are aware of where to park prior to arriving to our hotel. Thank you again for sharing with us, and we hope you had a wonderful stay in Charleston. Take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Staunton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

My company and I go to Charleston, WV once every two to three months. I have tried a lot of the hotels in the area, and to be quiet honest, this is my favorite for several reasons. It is extremely clean, smells excellent, and the staff is talkative and courteous. The rooms are absolutely the best rooms I have ever stayed in on a business trip. The cleaning staff is amazing and they even put things away for you, how cool is that?! The beds were extremely comfy, firm, with a pillow top cover. TV had literally EVERY channel. The bathrooms were pretty standard but it is the bathroom.

My room had a "living" area in it as well with a pull out couch, second TV, computer desk, and a small kitchen area.

I haven't stayed at any "5 Star" hotels before, but this one is what I would consider to be an affordable, luxurious, "5 Star" hotel in my opinion.

Room Tip: The corner suites on floors 4 and 5 (specifically 427 and 527) are in my opinion the best ones!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Calabash, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

A beautiful property with such great views. The room was really nice and very clean. The staff was great and we enjoyed our 1 night there. Too bad we could only stay 1 night. We would love to go back and stay longer and explore more. Thanks for a great nights sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Charleston, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Lois L,
One way to make a short stay better is to come back! We are so happy to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your visit with us, liked our clean and comfortable guest rooms, and interacted with our welcoming team. Thank you for your kind review, and we hope to see you again. All the best.
rockland county, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We decided to pass through Charleston on our long, slow loop back to NY from New Orleans. Am I ever glad we found this recently-refurbished Four Points online!

The place is simply gorgeous--super clean, super sleekly modern in a zen and restful way, great front desk, terrific bed, and a very spacious suite for not too many dollars. I walked and swam instead of working out, so I can't judge the quality of the gym, but it looked terrific. And the pool was one of the best hotel pools I've ever been in--not too cold, and not too chlorinated. And in a rare stroke of luck, no seven-year-olds playing Marco Polo.

The few blocks around the hotel are pleasant to walk in. There's a good Japanese place a couple of blocks away and a simply outstanding homemade ice cream parlor. I broke down and had a small bowl, and I'm glad, I tell you--glad! Directly across from the hotel is a stage and bleachers for outdoor music, and a lovely place to walk along the river.

We didn't have a river view room, alas--the king-sized ones were not to be had tonight. But even the ones with the view of the parking garage are pretty, and laid out so as to make the most of the wee view they do enjoy.

Water pressure in shower is good. There's an amusing set-up of dispensers for soap and shampoo in the tub. Can't find a thing to complain about. This place would send me back through Charleston if I were driving through the state. Grab a room!

Room Tip: I hear that the river view rooms can be loud if there's a show going on across the street. But...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Brunswick, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The hotel is nicely situated on the Kanawha River and within walking distance of some nice restaurants. We were greeted in the parking lot by a lovely sprite who declared herself our hotel parking ambassador and showed us where to park (in the garage) and headed us toward the check-in area. When we checked in the clerk seemed overwhelmed at having a line of 3 parties at once. When we asked for restaurant recommendations we were handed a map of the area which was blurred and unreadable plus it did not show the location of the hotel on the map. Bartender Marina came to our rescue with not only directions but a few good recommendations. The river view from our room was a pleasant surprise as was the room itself. The room was clean and quiet. Would definitely stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a River view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Ashland, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

The folks at the front desk were helpful. Stayed to see a concert a mile or two away. Front desk does double duty as a shuttle service. They dropped us off when we were ready to roll and picked us up at the venue for the trip back in record time. I think the exact conversation for the trip back went like this:
Me: "Yo... Its us. We ready"
Front desk: " On our way holmes"
Me: " We are the dudes at the thing"
Front desk: " We know"

10 mins later we were back at the hotel...

The sports bar in the back of this place was also top notch. And at 1 a.m. they have the greatest chocolate cake ever.... Ever... For real... Ever

If you need a place downtown choose this one. Trust me on this

• Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We had a great experience here. The room was clean, very nice, quite, and great view of river! Staff was very nice - one very nice staff person would not accept a tip for help! Downtown Charleston was charming. We will be staying there again on our way home.

Stayed July 2014

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Charleston? Share your experiences!