“Totally pleased with my stay” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast & Wi-Fi Package
Ranked #8 of 23 hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“Totally pleased with my stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Nice suites, free breakfast n managers evening, next to Charleston shopping mall.I would really appreciate if they had a walkway passage or covered link between the parking and hotel because in our 3 day stay it was raining most of the time and with two kids I have to walk in rain every time to get the car or go back to hotel.For future renovations they should keep this in mind, overall we had a nice stay here.

• Stayed November 2013
Stephen S, Manager at Embassy Suites Charleston, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
We thank you for taking the time to write a comment we will be sure to share with our staff.

375 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Gainesville, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stayed at this location twice in July.

2nd stay was far from what I expected from this brand. Cigarette burns on the Couch(hidden by cushion) Out of Date Items in Gift basket in the room.

Wake up call never given. Luckily, the agent at Delta was able to get me on stand by and I was able to catch the next flight out.

In house restaurant left a lot to be desired on flavor and less hair in the food.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Gibsonville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have stayed at this conveniently located hotel one weekend a year, every year for several years and hope to continue. The rooms are lovely and comfortable, the staff is always pleasant and the surroundings are restful and pleasing. The breakfast buffet is very good and the evening cocktail hour is acceptable. The desk is very responsive to any requests, complaints, etc.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

SAINT PETERSBURG
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Large 2 room suite, great place to stay for business or pleasure. Room rate includes a wonderful breakfast buffet and manager's happy hour. The gift shop was closed but staff were able to accommodate requests for extra amenities. Business center is convenient and easy to use if you need to print a few documents. When making reservation, requested a quiet room. Was at the end of the hallway, perfect location. Couldn't hear anything from the lobby or any other guest room. Room was perfect for business traveler, lots of outlets, good lighting. Comfortable bed. Large vanity in bathroom. Single serve coffee maker in room, also microwave and mini-fridge. Would definitely return. They have a shuttle to and from the airport so no need to take a cab!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Waynesville, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

My wife and I were treated incredibly rude by the bar tender on the evening of Oct 26. We had dinner at The Chop House, but wanted to bring our dessert back to the hotel in order to have a few drinks at the bar. The bar tender berated us multiple times for eating an outside dessert at the bar, although we were ordering multiple drinks. She accused us of "taking McDonalds to Outback". She did this over and over again, even after we tried to explain and apologize. She even went so far as to over charge me for my drinks, by charging me for doubles when I only ordered singles. I brought this to the hotel management's attention and to my knowledge, nothing was done. Also, the next morning, my bill remained unchanged. This is the worse service experience I have ever had at any Hilton property in all my travels.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is a very comfortable, pleasant hotel that is conveniently located in a nice area near the riverfront in downtown Charleston. The breakfast buffet has an excellent selection of cold and hot foods (including made-to-order omelets), the evening happy hour provides free wine, beer, and specialty drinks in a relaxing atmosphere, rooms are comfortable, hotel staff are pleasant, and parking is plentiful (though $12/day). Really, there is nothing not to like! Well, the pillows were a little lumpy, but given that this was the "worst" of the stay, I would rate the hotel as overall "excellent," especially given that favorable rates are often available.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Raleigh,NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My daughter and I arrived around 9pm to check in on a Friday night in August. I was lucky enough to find the last parking space available out front when I arrived. When checking in at the very different almost casino table style check in desks (which I think is brilliant by the way) there were two different sets of bridesmaids and brides checking in. They had coolers in tow and were very loud. I looked at the gal checking us in and said," I am not here for a wedding, we would just like to get a good night's sleep because we are back on the road early in the morning. Is it possible to not be near any of them?" She smiled and said, "I don't think that will be a problem at all." We were put on a very high floor in a corner room (right next to some sort of luxury suite). The room was nicely appointed, like any Embassy Suites. The bedroom seemed a little damp when we walked in. During the night when we had the airconditioning unit on the vent above the bedroom door was dripping condensation and with the air blowing it actually blew water droplets onto the bed. The vent cover was rusting so condensation on it must be an issue. I am a light sleeper but could hear the airconditioning unit for the hotel all the way down on the ground. Plus the police/ambulance noise from the street. Maybe staying on the other side of hotel would have been quieter? But then again, I saw the bridesmaides going into rooms on that side so I was fine with the airconditioning unit. Breakfast was fine the next morning. When checking out I mentioned the condensation/dampness in the bedroom. I asked when Embassy Suites started to allow pets. The lady said "We don't allow pets anymore". I mentioned that the back of the bedroom door had been chewed and clawed by a dog. The corner of the door had been eaten and almost a square foot of the door at the corner had been clawed and chewed. Obviously someone snuck in a dog and then left it in the room for some period of time. She said she had an idea of who that was. She took the $12 parking fee off my bill for the condensation inconvenience and thanked me for telling her about the dog damage on the door. When the door is held open you can't see it. We closed the door at night to add a buffer to the lobby/hallway noise and noticed it. We would stay here again when traveling through Charleston.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Charleston? Share your experiences!