“Good for business travel” 4 of 5 stars

AAA Family Fun Package
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Indiana, USA
“Good for business travel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Charleston while on business in August 2013. Overall, it was a good experience. The hotel shuttle picked me up at the airport, was timely and very convenient. I also used the hotel
shuttle to go to my business meeting. However, the location of the hotel in town was so convenient that I could have walked. I advised the front desk
that I came from the airport and did not have a car, so I did not have to deal with any charge for parking or other parking issues. The room was clean and the
furniture typical of an Embassy Suites Hotel. By chance, I
happened to stay at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Atlanta the following night, and the rooms looked the same. The only thing
negative that I could really mention, which applies both to the Embassy Suites Hotel in Charleston as well as the one I stayed at in Atlanta, is that they seem to have a slight problem with their key cards. They do not always work on the first or even the second try, so you have to keep trying and eventually the
door opens. The "suite" layout of the rooms, with a wet bar, microwave, fridge, and extra room, would be very good for a
lengthy stay.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Monterey, VA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Nice location in downtown Charleston. I was there for a conference, and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was better than I expected with complimentary manager's reception upon arrival, to the excellent complimentary breakfast and everything in between.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Ponte Vedra Beach, Fl, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Aways love staying with the Embassy Group. Have stayed at many. Top accommadations & ammenities with friedly and professional service for reasonable rate for what you get. Suites are better, complimentary brkfst great, eve reception great. Most A1 with the Charleston Embassy. Great location, stayed here before. Little Hskp prob this time, but everything else great. Parking not so convenient, but ok

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed here one night. Room was not at all up to Embassy standards: mold on outside wall, torn wallpaper, mold on shower curtain, empty water bottle and trash on side of bed, stain in toilet. Yuck! Housekeeping really failed. With all these problems we could see, I wonder what else was there that we couldn't detect?? Would have requested room change but didn't discover all these flaws until next morning. Complained to management and immediately received discount, no questions asked. Other than our crappy room, everything else was fine. Hotel is lovely and very conveniently located near civic center. There is a mall across the street with plenty of dining options, both casual and more formal. Breakfast included hot food buffet and omelet station. I would stay here again, but only after thoroughly checking my room upon check-in, and only because management responded to our complaints in a positive way.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
wheeling, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Love staying here. I travel alone and as a woman I like to have a place where I feel safe and secure when I stay. I always feel safe at the Embassy plus a feel pampered when I stay here. Whenever I travel if I am able to secure the government rate, I stay at an Embassy Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is the second time in a week my wife and I have stayed at the Embassy Suites in Charleston, South Carolina on Meeting street. First, the hotel is in the historic district of old Charleston. I believe it is situated on the site of the old Citadel academy. As you enter the main lobby area, the beauty of the building hits you immediately. Tall ceilings invite you as cool air envelopes you from the searing outside heat and humidity. There is a beautiful center court and fountain with all rooms located on four levels above the courtyard. The Embassy Suite rooms are famous for their expansive, two-room suites. Quite nice to come home to after lengthy walks around the historic district of Charleston. Restaurants are located nearby but my favorite was Virginia"s on King street with the best Country fried steak I have ever tasted. Enterprise rent a car is just down the street and we used their service to visit Savannah, Georgia for the day.
Great location, great helpful staff and outstanding made-to-order breakfast.

Room Tip: There is some destruction going on at the back of the property right now but otherwise very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I am an Embassy Suites fan and have been for a long time. I disliked this Embassy Suites so much that I canceled both of my upcoming reservations. In my opinion, the hotel is outdated and felt dirty. My room was changed 4 times upon arrival. I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke. I was placed in non-smoking rooms that had clearly been smoked in at some time or another. The staff tried to be accommodating as they could. Parking is an issue as well. Skip it if you can. Expensive for the room quality. Breakfast buffet food was terrible! Food in the warmer was cold - and I was the first in line on one morning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Stephen S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
I appreciate your candor on your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that during your stay, the freshness of your room was of concern to you and that there was an unpleasant odor. Unfortunately, as much as we try to monitor this, we sometimes cannot control if a guest chooses to smoke in their room without our knowledge. However, I can very much empathize with your dissatisfaction and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Stephen