“Problem with room 431” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Columbus, Ohio
“Problem with room 431”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed here one night. Room was not at all up to Embassy standards: mold on outside wall, torn wallpaper, mold on shower curtain, empty water bottle and trash on side of bed, stain in toilet. Yuck! Housekeeping really failed. With all these problems we could see, I wonder what else was there that we couldn't detect?? Would have requested room change but didn't discover all these flaws until next morning. Complained to management and immediately received discount, no questions asked. Other than our crappy room, everything else was fine. Hotel is lovely and very conveniently located near civic center. There is a mall across the street with plenty of dining options, both casual and more formal. Breakfast included hot food buffet and omelet station. I would stay here again, but only after thoroughly checking my room upon check-in, and only because management responded to our complaints in a positive way.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
wheeling, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Love staying here. I travel alone and as a woman I like to have a place where I feel safe and secure when I stay. I always feel safe at the Embassy plus a feel pampered when I stay here. Whenever I travel if I am able to secure the government rate, I stay at an Embassy Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is the second time in a week my wife and I have stayed at the Embassy Suites in Charleston, South Carolina on Meeting street. First, the hotel is in the historic district of old Charleston. I believe it is situated on the site of the old Citadel academy. As you enter the main lobby area, the beauty of the building hits you immediately. Tall ceilings invite you as cool air envelopes you from the searing outside heat and humidity. There is a beautiful center court and fountain with all rooms located on four levels above the courtyard. The Embassy Suite rooms are famous for their expansive, two-room suites. Quite nice to come home to after lengthy walks around the historic district of Charleston. Restaurants are located nearby but my favorite was Virginia"s on King street with the best Country fried steak I have ever tasted. Enterprise rent a car is just down the street and we used their service to visit Savannah, Georgia for the day.
Great location, great helpful staff and outstanding made-to-order breakfast.

Room Tip: There is some destruction going on at the back of the property right now but otherwise very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I am an Embassy Suites fan and have been for a long time. I disliked this Embassy Suites so much that I canceled both of my upcoming reservations. In my opinion, the hotel is outdated and felt dirty. My room was changed 4 times upon arrival. I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke. I was placed in non-smoking rooms that had clearly been smoked in at some time or another. The staff tried to be accommodating as they could. Parking is an issue as well. Skip it if you can. Expensive for the room quality. Breakfast buffet food was terrible! Food in the warmer was cold - and I was the first in line on one morning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Stephen S, Manager at Embassy Suites Charleston, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
I appreciate your candor on your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that during your stay, the freshness of your room was of concern to you and that there was an unpleasant odor. Unfortunately, as much as we try to monitor this, we sometimes cannot control if a guest chooses to smoke in their room without our knowledge. However, I can very much empathize with your dissatisfaction and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Stephen
MARIETTA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The Charleston, WV Embassy Suites Hotel is a clean and nice enough hotel but over-priced for the location andd offerings. Good downtown Charleston location. Nice breakfast. Ridiculous to have to pay for wi-fi in a small town hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Hanover, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

If you can stay somewhere else, please do. I think the tone of my stay at this location was set when walking into the hotel. The staff was cleaning the tile floor and stood there talking to another employee blocking the way with a wet floor. As a Hilton Diamond member, I was not offered an upgrade to another room for free, but had to pay extra for the upgrade. The rooms are outdated, and not properly furnished for business. The tile in the bathroom had dark areas resembling mold, but I couldn't be sure. the beds were not soft, nor had they been replaced in quite some time. The breakfast was OK, but the restaurant was the best part of my stay. Great staff and bartenders. The food is great with large portions.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Stephen S, Manager at Embassy Suites Charleston, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. As a Hilton HHonors Member we sincerely appreciate your business. Our main priority is for our guests to feel welcome and have comfortable stay. I do however understand from your review that you were not completely satisfied with our properly and I sincerely apologize if we fell short of your expectations. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize if we feel below your expectations. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

Again I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I do hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed here on our way home from Florida. Room was nice and very comfortable beds. We had to ask for bedding for pullout which maybe easier for guest to have in room as we arrived late and would of rather not waited. Our breaky was awesome nice fresh food and great made to order eggs. If travelling though again I would for sure stay here. Very pretty lobby and hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Been to Embassy Suites Charleston? Share your experiences!