“I will not stay at this hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Breakfast & Wi-Fi Package
Ranked #8 of 23 hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Denver, Colorado
“I will not stay at this hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I am an Embassy Suites fan and have been for a long time. I disliked this Embassy Suites so much that I canceled both of my upcoming reservations. In my opinion, the hotel is outdated and felt dirty. My room was changed 4 times upon arrival. I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke. I was placed in non-smoking rooms that had clearly been smoked in at some time or another. The staff tried to be accommodating as they could. Parking is an issue as well. Skip it if you can. Expensive for the room quality. Breakfast buffet food was terrible! Food in the warmer was cold - and I was the first in line on one morning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Stephen S, Manager at Embassy Suites Charleston, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
I appreciate your candor on your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that during your stay, the freshness of your room was of concern to you and that there was an unpleasant odor. Unfortunately, as much as we try to monitor this, we sometimes cannot control if a guest chooses to smoke in their room without our knowledge. However, I can very much empathize with your dissatisfaction and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Stephen

378 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
MARIETTA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The Charleston, WV Embassy Suites Hotel is a clean and nice enough hotel but over-priced for the location andd offerings. Good downtown Charleston location. Nice breakfast. Ridiculous to have to pay for wi-fi in a small town hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Hanover, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

If you can stay somewhere else, please do. I think the tone of my stay at this location was set when walking into the hotel. The staff was cleaning the tile floor and stood there talking to another employee blocking the way with a wet floor. As a Hilton Diamond member, I was not offered an upgrade to another room for free, but had to pay extra for the upgrade. The rooms are outdated, and not properly furnished for business. The tile in the bathroom had dark areas resembling mold, but I couldn't be sure. the beds were not soft, nor had they been replaced in quite some time. The breakfast was OK, but the restaurant was the best part of my stay. Great staff and bartenders. The food is great with large portions.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Stephen S, Manager at Embassy Suites Charleston, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. As a Hilton HHonors Member we sincerely appreciate your business. Our main priority is for our guests to feel welcome and have comfortable stay. I do however understand from your review that you were not completely satisfied with our properly and I sincerely apologize if we fell short of your expectations. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize if we feel below your expectations. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

Again I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I do hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed here on our way home from Florida. Room was nice and very comfortable beds. We had to ask for bedding for pullout which maybe easier for guest to have in room as we arrived late and would of rather not waited. Our breaky was awesome nice fresh food and great made to order eggs. If travelling though again I would for sure stay here. Very pretty lobby and hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Cleveland, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The smell of cleaning material in the room was overwhelming. Thankfully we could open the window. Had to carry our bags around the block to the open air parking garage with no visible security. There was no door for the shower so water went all over the floor. The air conditioning unit was making a loud noise. Request for repair was prompt, but who wants repair people in the room when you are settiling in for the night? Will not return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Stephen S, Manager at Embassy Suites Charleston, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Keith K

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments. Although I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay it is comments like these that help us improve. I will be following up with the managers involved so that others are not disappointed as you were. We expect that each and every customer will receive exceptional service from our staff during his stay. We want nothing but the finest experience for every guest.

Stephen Sease
Assistant General Manager Rooms
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great hotel, comfortable beds, quiet, great staff, reasonable price and walking distance to many great restaurants. The breakfast buffet in the morning was fantastic with an omelet bar, hot and cold food.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Elizabethton, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is right next to the Mall in downtown Charleston. Easy walk to shopping and great restaurants. We received a nice room upgrade, they have excellent snacks during the happy hour, and the staff is very friendly. Only negative is small parking lot which means there is a good chance of having to park in the public garage at $12 per night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Charleston? Share your experiences!