“GREAT ACCOMODATIONS” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Fisher, WV, United States
“GREAT ACCOMODATIONS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great place to stay. Evening Cocktails and snacks a must. Located right next to the mall. Very safe. I have stayed at other places in Charleston and it is not safe to leave the hotel, but the location of Embassy Suites is safe to go to the mall. Food was very good for lunch.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Mark C, General Manager at Embassy Suites Charleston, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Donna B,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. Your comments are most appreciated and I am very happy that you had such a wonderful stay and experience.
I hope that your travels will return you to Charleston in the near future and we will once again have the pleasure of your staying.
Mark Cherry GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed here for a night and wish I had been able to stay longer. The hotel lobby is beautiful, the staff is welcoming and the rooms were spotless! Loved the location downtown as well. The breakfast in the morning was great (as most Embassy Suites are). Hope to stay at this wonderful hotel in the future!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Hannahlore,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. Your kind remarks are most appreciated and I will share them with the staff.
I hope you will return soon to further enjoy the hotel

Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed here many times. It is an older property and has some wear but they have redone most of the suites and they are nice. Free Daily Happy hour and snacks are super. Breakfast is good, but get there early so there's no line for the cooked to order food. The hot buffet is average...but free!
Staff is helpful, especially Micah at the front desk. Will definitely be back!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear JamaJive,

Thank you for your kind comments concerning your stay. They are most appreciated as is the advice you offer fellow travelers about getting to breakfast early, sometimes there are a lot of people who all come down at once.
I hope we will see you again soon for a return visit
Flat Rock, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This hotel was dirty, from the guest room/suite to the pool facility. I was in fear for my children's safety in the pool as the rules were severely being broken with no hotel staff rectifying the situation. The food is horrible and not prepared well at all. The housekeeping staff are horrible at preparing the rooms for guests, not only was my room an issue, I overheard another couple complaining about a dirty room when they checked in as well. I would not recommend staying here to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Jason C
I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Dublin, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Our first suite smelled like smoke. One phone call and we were quickly moved to another suite that was fine.

Manager's reception was very nice with fresh fruit, nut mixes chips & salsa, popcorn, hummus, fresh veggies, pita bread, etc. If you are a light eater you will not need supper after this.

The pool area was a little over run by unsupervised tweens, but this seems to be the case at many Embassy Suites.

Room is a little dated but was clean and quiet. We had a corner suite.

Breakfast was good overall, although the muffins and pastries were below average.

Room Tip: Corner suite rooms are larger and have more windows.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Caroline D
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are very happy that you chose our hotel for your recent stay and that we were able to accommodate you in a pleasant room, we are sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay with us.

I truly apologize if you found our rooms to be outdated. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I sincerely apologize if we were not able to deliver this for you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that I will take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again.

Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stay here often when we are in town, and it is pretty nice but there are a few issues that need to be worked out.

The hotel is in need of an update but our rooms are always clean. However the restaurant/bar always seems to have service issues. We complained this time because the service was very poor and the manager of the hotel was very nice and made it right.

If you want to stay in town you can't beat their location and the manager's reception and breakfast are always a value for families.

Room Tip: Make sure you try to get a room at the end of each hall, it cuts down on the noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mark C, General Manager at Embassy Suites Charleston, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear LoriMacc,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience. I am sorry that you experienced service issues in the restaurant but I do want to thank you for telling the manager and I am very happy that the issue was made right for you.
We will use your comments to improve our operation and I hope that we will see you again in the future

Narrows, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed here recently and have done so for the last 3 years for my daughter's dance competitions. I encountered no major problems. Room and suite was of average cleanliness. We slept well and were not bothered by any noise. We ate breakfast and it was good overall. I have no complaints. I really like being able to walk across the street to the Charleston Towncenter Mall. That is really nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear CK228,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay, I am glad that you had a pleasant experience and we will use your comments to improve the guest experience for everyone.
I hope we will see you again in the near future if your travels return you to the area

Mark Cherry GM

Been to Embassy Suites Charleston? Share your experiences!