“Everything was perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Book Direct for Best Rate
Belcamp
“Everything was perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

My fiance and I decided to go to Charles Town for a night away and I couldn't have been happier with our stay at Hill Brook. We stayed in the Summer Cottage which was beautiful. The entire staff at Hill Brook did everything they could to make our stay perfect. My fiance enjoyed the Inn so much, we decided to stay another night. Becky, a staff member, was very helpful arranging another night stay. Since we stayed on a Wednesday night, we had a continental breakfast in our room. The fruit and muffins were delicious. However, we stayed again on Thursday night and woke up on Friday to the most delicious breakfast prepared by Becky. She spoiled my fiance with a yummy breakfast.
Ever since we have left, we can't stop telling our family about the wonderful Inn. We look forward to staying there again in the future!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Hillbrook, Owner at Hillbrook Inn, responded to this review, August 3, 2010
It was such a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hillbrook. We are glad we were able to share this experience with you both and wish you the best! We look forward to your next visit...and Becky says hello!

236 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

Beautiful inn and exceptional meal. We were not going to eat at hotel and then at the last minute changed our minds. The meal was very well done. We stayed in the winter cottage and it was very nice and comfortable. Kind and accomadating staff. Beautiful place for a wedding.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Hillbrook, Owner at Hillbrook Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2010
We are happy that we could share the winter cottage with you and are happy to hear that you enjoyed dinner! Christine is an amazing Chef...but most of all a wonderful person. We hope you have a great day and appreciated your visit to Hillbrook!
Berwick, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

The Hillbrook Inn is such a beautiful place! The staff was wonderful and helpful. We stayed during the week, so unfortunately, we did not get to enjoy the dinner and tavern. The fall cottage was cozy and like our own little getaway. The grounds are amazing and we had a great time. I can't even express how happy we were with our stay and we hope to return in the future!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Hillbrook, Owner at Hillbrook Inn, responded to this review, June 30, 2010
We are happy that you enjoyed the Hillbrook property during your stay. The fall cottage is a wonderful room, and one of my personal favorites. I look forward to seeing you in the future and hope you have a wonderful day.
Frederick, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

The pre-meal reception/dance area is tiny...the bar, seating, cake table, and gift table are all crammed into a room that is about 20'x30'. It would be pretty cramped with over 40 people. The bar drinks are VERY expensive -- $2 for a wine-glass-worth of soda, $5 for a domestic beer, $7 for a glass of wine. The worst part is we were told the soda was free (it was during meal time). The way they talked about their cheese, fruit, and cracker arrangement we thought it would be big and extensive....it was only one bunch of grapes, two chunks of heavily moldy cheese (not for everyone), and a handful of crackers. The worst part is, it cost $300!! They also said a staffer would bring a separate tray out for the people involved in taking photos, but it never happened. We were told someone would be directing parking in the lot, but again...no one there. The meal area is divided by a wall and very cramped, so half of the guests were completely cut off from the other half. Also, the woman who oversees everything is a bit crabby -- not just me either. Multiple family/friends said so for different reasons. If you're wondering why I'd have my wedding there....I'm not the one who got married. The bride and groom were under other impressions and couldn't back out when they found out otherwise (no time, deposit, etc..) I will say, most of the staff were friendly, the photographer they use is nice, the place is in a very beautiful setting, and the food was awesome. I would not recommend this as a wedding venue unless you're wedding is going to be very small (i.e. 20 or less people.) I cannot comment on Hillbrook as an inn, for I did not stay overnight.

• Stayed June 2010
Hillbrook, Owner at Hillbrook Inn, responded to this review, June 30, 2010
Thank you for the review on the Hillbrook Inn wedding in June. I am sorry to hear that it was not a delightful experience for you and some of the other guests. I realize that the Hillbrook Inn architecture is unique and is a different layout for events. This is why we do tours of the Inn before we book events at our venue and spend extensive time with our brides and grooms to explain how their event will be set-up to accommodate their guests. As for the gift table we utilized the cascading shelves in the room to place gifts on display and at this particular event only had one guest out of 34 utilize the space available. If there was miscommunication on where the gifts should be placed, we deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. The Cheese and fruit, was replenished as guests enjoyed the hors d’ oeuvres provided by the bride and groom. I will discuss with my staff items such as not supplying items to the group while taking photographs as well as to the three staff members that were greeting guests as they arrived to Hillbrook on the front terrace to determine what happened with the parking. As for pricing of cocktails and sodas, this was an arrangement made between Hillbrook and the host. If the bride and groom were disappointed on the venue at any point in time, I would have made arrangements or taken into consideration the situation. However, I did not get the impression from either party that they were disappointed in the services and seating that Hillbrook could offer. I will be making a personal phone call to the hosts of the event to ensure they felt the services, establishment, food, ceremony and staffing was everything they dreamed it would be. I appreciate your time and wish the bride and groom the best today and always.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

My husband and I are both retired so we often take long drives and enjoy staying at different Bed & Breakfasts and Inns. The Hillbrook Inn has become one of our most favorite places to visit. There are so many wonderful things I can say about the Hillbrook Inn. This is a Romantic hideaway with a touch of class. The rooms were exceptionally clean, beautifully decorated and warm and cozy. Our favorite is the Fall cottage with a king bed and huge bathroom. The Inn is perfect for a quiet weekend getaway. We often just sat outside and enjoyed a cocktail with the peace and tranquility of the grounds. Although the breakfast was exquisitely prepared and delightful you would be remiss if you did not have dinner at the Inn. The dinner consists of 5 courses with a different and specially selected wine for each course. This was an elegant dining experience with food prepared to perfection. The innkeeper and staff are just so helpful and ready to serve. Also, we like to spend a night or two in Charles Town and "contribute" to the local economy through the nearby casino/racetrack. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Hillbrook, Owner at Hillbrook Inn, responded to this review, June 3, 2010
It is a pleasure to share Hillbrook with our guests and we are pleased to hear that you had a relaxing experience during your visit. It really means the world to the staff when a guest notices each and every aspect of the Inn…because every part of Hillbrook is important to us. Your business is deeply appreciated and look forward to future visits.
Ceciltucky, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

Excellent B&B. Great food. Featured in the April 3, 2010 issue of Stride Magazine. Excellent photos. http://issuu.com/stridemagonline/docs/stride3

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Hillbrook, Innkeeper/ Owner at Hillbrook Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2010
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments, it is deeply appreciated. We work really hard on making Hillbrook special for our guests and enjoy hearing all types of feedback. And for those of you that love horses and racing...you really want to check out this magazine. They do a beautiful spread for their readers to enjoy!
Columbus, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2009

The Hillbrook Inn is one of my favorite places on Earth! My wife and I chose to get married there. The food was incredible, The atmosphere, relaxing, charming and cozy, and the staff are like good friends! In my fantasy world, I win the lottery and buy the Hillbrook for my summer home and keep everyone on staff to spoil me rotten! Serously though, its a wonderful place to escape to, you wont be disapointed.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
Hillbrook, Owner/ Innkeeper at Hillbrook Inn, responded to this review, January 20, 2010
Thank you for your kind words! It is wonderful to share Hillbrook with our guests and appreciate it when they love it as much as we do! We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Been to Hillbrook Inn? Share your experiences!