“A wonderful anniversary treat” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Inn   |   4490 Summit Point Road, Charles Town, WV 25414   |
Offers & Announcements
Book Direct for Best Rate
md
“A wonderful anniversary treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Hillbrook is such a lovely location, we can't wait to return! We stayed in the Snuggery room, which was a small room, but for a one night stay was more than adequate. We also had the 7 course dinner that they offered and this was just delicious and a wonderful treat.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Hillbrook, Owner/ Innkeeper at Hillbrook Inn, responded to this review, January 20, 2010
We are happy that we were able to share an anniversary with you both! It is truly an honor when guests choose Hillbrook and appreciate the time you spent at Hillbrook.

236 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

Have stayed here a few times and I always enjoyed my stay. I usually do one of the deals like the procrastinator. I prefer one of the rooms in the cottage building. The rooms are very large and have a small refrigerator/microwave/coffee maker. I love to walk around the grounds and wander through the common rooms of the inn. It's a very unique place.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Hillbrook, Innkeeper/ Owner at Hillbrook Inn, responded to this review, April 6, 2010
It is a pleasure to share the Hillbrook Inn with our guests and are glad to hear you enjoyed the grounds and main house. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to see you in the future.
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2007

From the outside, the hotel is the most charming looking place, as is it from inside the main establishment. However, we unwittingley reserved a room in a satellite building. This wasn't really a big deal though because the room was large and we were very happy with the fireplace and jacuzzi.

We also signed up for dinner which was admittedly very tasty. The only thing that got to me was they invited us to "join them for a pre-dinner drink" so we had a drink or two and received a hefty charge for them when we went to check out. I found that strange considering all the wine you could drink was included with dinner.

The facility itself was very large and includes extensive hiking grounds. Its a great retreat for couples or others. I don't have any specific complaints about my stay, in fact it was quite lovely, I'm just not sure the price matched my experience.

Stayed February 2007
Thank you for your review! I wanted to say I apologize for my staff not informing you that drinks are additional before dinner. They are trained to tell guests that the meal does include wine, if you would like to join us for a cocktail before dinner you are more than welcome, but it is additional cost. We do appreciate your business and hope you will return to Hillbrook in the future.
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2007

My sister and I and our two children stayed here to break up our trip home from vacation. We called late, at about 9 p.m. and they were able to cheerfully accommodate us. Although we missed the dinner, we were provided with the most amazing cookies ever. The setting was peaceful and we saw two fawns as we drove onto the property. We were thrilled with the house, which was beautifully constructed and full of character. The room was pristine and the bed was truly one of the more comfortable ones I've slept in in a while. The next morning we walked around the beautiful grounds and checked out the chess board, hammocks, swing and horseshoes. The breakfast was delicious--although our kids did not care for the pecan pancakes. I would definitely come back, especially so that I can try the dinner. It would be a great place to go with a few couples.

Stayed August 2007
Thank you for your feedback! We are sorry the kids did not enjoy the pecan pancakes...I can understand though. We do look forward to your future visits and welcome the opportunity to create a child friendly menu for the children if they return with you in the future!
Ellicott City, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2005

My sister and I set out for our annual Girls Memorial Weekend Getaway. We had no reservations but called my husband in Ellicott City who found their reviews and website online, said it looked great, contacted them for us, and we went for it sight unseen. What an excellent surprise! Driving through Charles Town then back a winding road to find this big Inn in the woods. The grounds are gorgeous. The furnishings and ambiance of the inn were warm and luxurious. It is a very romantic little place.....but great for sisters too. Breakfast was delicious. Our room was small but cozy (The Lookout). Very accommodating staff (even saving us some dessert past the usual time since we were going to be out). The only problem we had during our stay....wasps nesting under the step outside our room door. We had the groundskeeper spray....didn't help. They left the can but I'm afraid of bees...and it was just scary every time we had to leave or enter the room. For many, this would not have been a bother. We hope to return sometime soon. I would imagine the place is beautiful in the winter with a little snow (and am tempted to revisit now).

• Stayed May 2005
Thank you for your visit to the Hillbrook Inn. I apologize for the wasps nesting under the steps. Although, I appreciate your honesty and feedback allowing us to correct situations. Sometimes we don't have control over nature in the country, but we will try our best. We are aware of this occurrence and have been taking additional steps to eliminate these types of problems.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2005

We had the most wonderful dining experience at Hillbrook Inn in Charles Town. Seven wonderful courses served at a very leisurely pace; each course delicious and proportioned so that you were not "stuffed" when you left the table. We will return soon.

Thank you for sharing your dining experience! It is a delight to see our customers enjoy what we do at Hillbrook!
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2004

This place is nice, but a bit overpriced. The grounds are in excellent shape, and it really is a very relaxing, peaceful setting. But, for $275 a night I expected the rooms to be cleaner and the rooms to be a bit more comfortable. Dinner was excellent, and well worth the price.

I appreciate your review of the Hillbrook Inn. We are sorry to hear that your visit was not as good as expected. I am the new owner and took ownership on October 18, 2004...just days after your visit! We have spent the last five years making several changes and updates from your last visit to bring the Inn up to a new standard. We hope that in the future you will consider visiting Hillbrook again!

Been to Hillbrook Inn? Share your experiences!