“One of the nicest weekends we have experienced in a long time!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Holiday Special
Ranked #2 of 7 Charles Town B&B and Inns
Biglerville
“One of the nicest weekends we have experienced in a long time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

My husband and I shared one of the nicest weekends at the Hillbrook Inn. Our cottage was absolutley beautiful, the food was out of this world, and the staff was more than accomodating! We will definitely return! This is truly a hidden gem!

Room Tip: Staying in a cottage on the premises is truly a delight!
Hillbrook, Owner at Hillbrook Inn, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
It was such a nice visit with you and your wonderful husband! It was our pleasure to spend the weekend making it special for you both. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed a cottage and our food! We feel we are the "best hidden secret in Charles Town"! We look forward to hearing from you in the future. ~ Sincerely, Carissa Zanella

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed her for our anniversary. It was a wonderful, relaxing experience. Our room was "The Point" - compact and comfortable. THe grounds were lovely. We had a two night package with dinner. The dinner was exquisite - the high point of our trip. We will definitely come back.

Hillbrook, Owner at Hillbrook Inn, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the hospitality and "exquisite dinner"! It was an honor to share the Hillbrook Inn with you and create a wonderful anniversary experience for you both. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the Point - I love the tunnel entrance to the room, you don't find that often! We look forward to future visits with you. ~ Sincerely, Carissa Zanella
Midland, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

My husband and I visited Hillbrook for a special anniversary. Although I had visited the Inn before, I had never stayed overnight, so this was a real treat. Though short, it was an amazingly relaxing trip. The Inn and the grounds are absolutely beautiful and completely took me away from the stresses of daily life and work.

We stayed in the Bamford Suite, where I'd love to just move in permanently! There was lots of room to spread out and the furnishings were very comfortable. Loved the antiques in the room and all over the Inn. The iPad was a nice touch, and now I may have to buy one for my husband, he loved it!

The breakfast was wonderful! If I ate that well every day, I'd be in trouble! We visited on a Tuesday, so did not have the opportunity to have dinner there too. Wish I had planned that better so we wouldn't have had to go out, though we did enjoy a local restaurant on Carissa's suggestion.

Carissa, Naysa, Bobbi ... thank you for making my anniversary extra special. The service was perfect, and I couldn't have asked for anything more. My biggest regret is that we only had one night there. I look forward to recommending Hillbrook to all my friends who enjoy the B&B experience. This was first-rate, and by far, the best B&B we have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Bamford Suite has a private entrance and its own parking spot.
Hillbrook, Owner at Hillbrook Inn, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
It was such a pleasure to share the Hiillbrook Inn with you! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the Bamford Suite, one of our personal favorites as well! I am even happier that you spent such a special anniversary with us and we were able to help create a memory to last a lifetime! Best wishes today and always ~ Sincerely, Carissa Zanella and Your Hillbrook Friends
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

I loved the Hillbrook Inn. My husband and I took a brief weekend getaway and decided on the Hillbrook. The grounds were absolutely beautiful . The Inn is gorgeous and I loved all the antiques throughout.

The room was perfect, especially the jacuzzi tub! I rarely take baths in hotels, but I couldn't resist. The room was also very well air-conditioned, which is rare in a historic hotel. The ipad in each room was a nice touch.

We had the four course dinner one evening and breakfast the next day - both meals were fabulous and the staff lovely. I can't wait to return.

Hillbrook, Owner at Hillbrook Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Dear CityGirl6,
I am happy to hear that you and your husband got to enjoy a great escape from the Baltimore area to our Inn! Thank you for all the wonderful comments on the grounds and antiques the Inn has to offer guests.
I am ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed the whirlpool tub in the room, they are hard to resist. We do have a wonderful air conditioning system in the cottages that guests often enjoy and we are happy to hear that it made your stay comfortable. The extra amenities in the rooms are very important to us as well. We want guests to enjoy the new i-pads, the robes, wines and more. It is important that no stone goes unturned and appreciate your feedback…we always like new ideas too!
I will tell the staff the wonderful review on the food. They spend an extensive amount of time planning menus around the dietary needs, restrictions and dislikes of the guests in the dining room, and appreciate when it does not go unnoticed! We hope you have a wonderful day and look forward to visiting with you in the future.
~Sincerely, Carissa Zanella
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

Great food, Great staff, Fantastic place to stay. Wonderful place to relax and unwind after a hectic week in the city.

Hillbrook, Owner at Hillbrook Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
It was so nice to spend the weekend with you as well! We are happy that you were able to unwind after a hectic week. It is a wonderful thing to escap and we are happy to be a part of making that happen! ~ Sincerely, Carissa Zanella
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

1.5 hours away from DC area, 20 minutes from Harpers Ferry--a nice anniversary get-a-way. Amazing 5-course dinner with wine included is a must! Very nice innkeepers and talented chef. No central air-conditioning/room controls and rooms have one small a/c window unit which does not adequately keep bedroom/suite/home cool in humid weather. Bedroom ceiling fans with lighting would be nice to have. High-end toilteries, thick bath towels and top notch in-room coffee service. Beautiful landscaping. Calm and tranquil setting. We didn't know what to expect when visiting Charles Town, WV known for gambling/racing, etc. but we took a chance and were nicely surprised.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

We stayed at the Hillbrook Inn over Memorial Day weekend. We had a fantastic time! We stayed in the Summer Cottage for 2 nights and experienced the 5 course dinner, as well as massages in the gatehouse - Wonderful! The expansive grounds & lush trees all around just oozed relaxation - especially the hammocks! Morning breakfasts were outstanding and the close proximity to Harpers Ferry hiking was key. We will be back!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Hillbrook, Owner at Hillbrook Inn, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
It was a pleasure to spend Memorial Day Weekend with you as well! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the summer cottage, a sumptuous dinner as well as a massage in the new spa service area. It is our pleasure to make your stay as special as possible and it sounds like you were able to relax as we all need so often. Thank you for sharing your time with us and we look forward to future visits as well! ~ Sincerely Carissa Zanella

Been to Hillbrook Inn? Share your experiences!