“I love Eggs Benedict” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Hedgesville, West Virginia, United States
“I love Eggs Benedict”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I ate here this am. Had Eggs Benedict. They were great. The eggs were near perfect, slightly over cooked, but barely. Very flavorful Canadian Bacon, great Hollandaise and English Muffin which was not over toasted. MMMMMM. This was a special treat.

I had Grits on the side. This is the first time I could actually taste the fact that it was corn. Nice and creamy too.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Charles Town, West Virginia
“Large quantities; average food; good pies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

The food is not absolutely out of this world nor is it terrible. It is pretty average non gourmet food. Simply, it is a diner. The portions are very large. The menu has a very large selection. It is a good choice in the middle of the night. The pies are made from scratch and are generally good. Service is usually good. Usually busy at lunch.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Winchester, Virginia
“Let hungry and sick”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Hubby and I decided to go to the diner for a late breakfast/early lunch today. After much deliberation about whether to get the breakfast or a special, decided to try the half chicken special which they offer often. The first thing I noticed when the server set our plates down was that they had been to my house and cleaned up one of our cats puke and stuck it under my chicken, The stuffing was indescribable. A watery mess that was far from appetizing looking or tasting, which I braved to do. Gravy was a floury blob of no flavor. Vegetable had no flavoring as well. The chicken started out to be ok, but once I got to near the middle, was pink and I finally discovered where all the "juice" was coming from. Normally I go only for the breakfast menu since these items are used up more frequently. IF I ever decide to return, I've learned my lesson. Service was fine, no problems. It's not her fault, she's not the one dishing out the slop,

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Mechanic Falls, Maine
“A Late Night Oasis In A Desert Of Fast Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We visit Charles Town every few years to attend a vintage car race. We arrived late at night this year, and were hopeful to find someplace open in town. We really do not like fast food box stores, but do love diners. We were delighted to see Mountain View open.

Mountain View is a medium size bustling diner. We arrived after 11PM, and were promptly seated in close proximity to the dessert display. I made a mental note to save room for dessert. We were served by Penny, who admitted she was the night shift 'Attack Waitress'. We appreciate this kind of diner 'attitude', it is refreshing to have fun interacting with a waitress. Penny was fun.

I had the Gyro Platter, which was served all on one plate, with the salad & fries split on the plate and the gyro assembled on top. It was excellent and tasty, with a huge serving size. My wife had the roast beef triple decker club sandwich, which was also excellent. She took the french fries back to camp in order to save room for dessert. Dessert was a treat, I had Penny's recommendation, the excellent homemade cherry pie, the wife had German chocolate cake with a coconut frosting she had not had in years. It was good enough she didn't offer me a bite...

We will make it a point to re-visit Mountain View Diner the next time we are in town. Late night, Greek food, friendly atmosphere, great portions, reasonable prices, what is not to like???

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kearneysville, West Virginia
“Horrible Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went to the Mountain View to give the restaurant a second chance. Big mistake. It amazes me that the manager of an establishment would not " eat" $1.45 to satisfy a customer. They ran out of the soup I ordered, did not tell me until after I starting eating my salad, and wanted me to pay 1.45 to upcharge the soup. The most ridiculous thing I ever heard. The manager was very rude and unrelenting and has lost me as a customer for life. The food was horrible to top it all off. I will make sure that I let everyone know that this is not the place to go if you are looking for good food and customer service. They have neither.

• Visited May 2013