“Rib Room Cooks may need some training” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 56 Restaurants in Charles Town
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: The Turf Motel and Rib Room has been serving some of America’s favorite dishes since 1955. Hence the name, Rib Room, the Turf has been well known and liked for its succulent Prime Rib, often titled “Area’s Best” with many consecutive year awards. Open for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, the Turf serves fresh hand-cut USDA Choice Beef, tender baby-back ribs, fresh pulled pork, homemade soups and salads, delicious appetizers and sandwiches as well as fantastic Daily Specials. Large Gatherings and private parties are welcome. Special late night menu is available in our lounge.
Fredericksburg, VA
“Rib Room Cooks may need some training”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My girlfriend and I had dinner there on New years Eve. The staff and waitress were very friendly and accomodating but steaks were a little bit over done. I wouldn't have thought to bad of this and maybe it was just a one time mistake but my girlfriend saw the people next to us swap steaks between them and from the conversation were offered a free appetizer to try to make up for the steaks being over cooked. It was extremely hot in the restaurant which also added to our discomfort. We did not complain but had oredered them rare and they were past medium to almost well done. I may give them a try again to be fair but wil emphasize rare or I will send them back. The rest of the food was very good and the price was reasonable but the cooks may need some training.

Visited January 2013

Charles Town, West Virginia
“Always Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

As a Charles Town local, I've visited Turf dozens of times and enjoyed it every time. The Prime Rib is top notch and the sandwiches are exceptional too! This place has one of the best Rueben sandwiches I've ever had. The staff are friendly and the ambiance is pleasant. The only negative I've found is the tables are a bit close together. If you are in town for the casino, Turf has some of the best food around and the prices are reasonable.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kosice
“Keep looking...there has got to be something better in Charles Town.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I stopped here for lunch as we were passing through Charles Town last weekend. We were very disappointed in our experience - this place is clearly terribly mismanaged. To start, it took well over an hour for our food to be served - not once did the server come to check on us or to explain the long wait for 2 sandwiches and soup. (It did leave us ample time to stare longingly at the Wendy's across the street.) Once the meals finally arrived, both of our orders were wrong! The server redid mine but my husband was starving and couldn't wait any longer so he dug into his pitiful looking sliders (both burger and bun were burnt) and way over-salted vegetable soup. The server did partially adjust the bill for my husband's meal - he would have been charged $9.95 for that mess. All the while the other servers and hostess could be seen in the kitchen just standing, talking and basically ignoring the few patrons in the restaurant. What a shame!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Forest, Virginia
“Love the pulled bbq sandwich!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Such a great sandwich! And huge portions! And the fries were delicious. Service was prompt and friendly. I will be back next time!

• Visited August 2012