“Great lava cake!” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Inwood, West Virginia
“Great lava cake!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

My 4th visit to Paddy's was last night. The food is very good but the service is hit or miss. I think the right side bar is quaint and I like the old feel and smell. The other side bar is very nice but the tables and plastic chairs need to be nicer to match the rest. The desserts are really, really yummy. I have gone there just for the dessert after dining somewhere else. The Saturday night music is nice for families for a change of pace.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Summit Point, West Virginia, United States
“Food not so good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Just had appetizers and beer and not too tasty for the price we paid. Won't go back.

Visited July 2012
Charles Town, West Virginia
“Appetizers for Dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Took my wife to Paddy's Irish Pub for a light dinner. We both chose to have appetizers for dinner. Wife had Irish nachos and I had jalapeno poppers. The nachos were made from fresh potato chips with meat, cheese, and a sort of pica de gallo. There was none of the spice you would get in a Mexican restaurant, but then that was probably by design. The potato chips were somewhat thick, but were tough. First time we ever had trouble chewing potatoes. My poppers were good, but not great. The peppers inside could have been cooked longer. I would rate the poppers a four out of five, and the nachos about one and a half out of five. Now for the best part! We had their carrot cake for dessert with a cup of coffee. Paddy's carrot cake is the best we have had in a long time. The cake made the trip worthwhile. And the coffee was good. Next time, we will just go to Paddy's for dessert and a cup of coffee.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
WV
“Potentially nice contribution to Charles Town. Service just needs tweaking.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I have had great fish and chips 3 times here. I have had ok service here 3 times as well. I appreciate what they are trying to ad to Charles Town but I am not a fan of a bar fight environment. The "big room" needs some decorating work. Everyone has always been pleasant and I have had good luck with food. Please check on us a little more and bring a glass with the bottle of beer. Thank you!

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charles Town, West Virginia
“Best Fried Fish Ever!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Best fried fish in the area - ask for Ben as your waiter- you will not be disappointed, the facility is the site of the oldest residence in the original boundaries of Charles Town. Take your time, enjoy the atmosphere and the food!

Visited March 2012