“Great lava cake!” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Inwood, West Virginia
“Great lava cake!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

My 4th visit to Paddy's was last night. The food is very good but the service is hit or miss. I think the right side bar is quaint and I like the old feel and smell. The other side bar is very nice but the tables and plastic chairs need to be nicer to match the rest. The desserts are really, really yummy. I have gone there just for the dessert after dining somewhere else. The Saturday night music is nice for families for a change of pace.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

44% Recommend
Summit Point, West Virginia, United States
“Food not so good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Just had appetizers and beer and not too tasty for the price we paid. Won't go back.

Visited July 2012
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
“Appetizers for Dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Took my wife to Paddy's Irish Pub for a light dinner. We both chose to have appetizers for dinner. Wife had Irish nachos and I had jalapeno poppers. The nachos were made from fresh potato chips with meat, cheese, and a sort of pica de gallo. There was none of the spice you would get in a Mexican restaurant, but then that was probably by design. The potato chips were somewhat thick, but were tough. First time we ever had trouble chewing potatoes. My poppers were good, but not great. The peppers inside could have been cooked longer. I would rate the poppers a four out of five, and the nachos about one and a half out of five. Now for the best part! We had their carrot cake for dessert with a cup of coffee. Paddy's carrot cake is the best we have had in a long time. The cake made the trip worthwhile. And the coffee was good. Next time, we will just go to Paddy's for dessert and a cup of coffee.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
bolivar
“Terrible service and prices..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

We are a local company in Charles Town that has over several 100 people working in town looking to go to a good restaurant for lunch. They do not offer any kind of lunch special where you buy a hamburger for around $9.00 and to add a piece of cheese you pay $1.00 more and on top of that you do not get French fries you have to pay $2.00 more for them making you lunch cost over $10.00 which in uncalled for since this is a restaurant that just started out and will not stay in business if they don't do something about their prices.

The first time we went there had to send the nachos back two
++times they were burned to a crisp. Another time we ordered burgers for lunch got French fries and they could not be eaten cold and nasty.

We went there after work sat at the table for 15 minutes no one came to our table for drinks I had to go to the bar and get them the restaurant had maybe one or two other tables.

We went there for New Year’s eve the salad were not good steaks were very thin and dry lighting was terrible and sat us next to the front door.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Charles TWon
“UGH”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

We were excited to have a new restaurant in town and within walking distance from work. But a big disappointment! Fiirst time we were there was when they first opened so we gave them the beneifit of doubt when we had to return our food 2 times before they got it right. We made reservations for New Year's Eve, which turned out to be ho hum...we just went for dinner but it didn't feel special. Salad dressing was good but the salad lacked, small and only a slice of cucumber and a slice of tomatoe. Really, it doesn't take much to make a salad interesting. Lighting in main dining room needs some improvement, it was glaring and directed right at me.
Third try was a to go order, burger and fries....I didn't care for the burger, and the fires had been sitting around for a while. They offered free french fries the next time but I have not been back to collect on my fries, not sure that I will. I have heard reports from others about long waits, terrible attitudes and bad food. On St Patrick's Day they let two of the cooks have the night off! An Irish Pub...St Patrick's Day....crowds.....does this make sense.
I've said enough...I still wish they would change and wish them luck.

• Visited January 2012