“Excellent Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Charles Town
Dearborn
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

great place to stay the hotel was clean and the atmosphere was excellent. located perfect with access to all of charles town ammenities. close to restaurants shopping and the casino, great buffet their by the way. hotel is located right off the highway so its very convenient for further travel and finding the hotel itself. the room well what can i say its was clean fresh and very nice. iternet access was important to me because i was there on business. the complimentary breakfast was excellent with many choices. the staff at the hotel were very courteous and helpful. i would definetly stay here again and also would bring my family. the proce is excellent for the amenities offered. my overall stay was definetly a "10'.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I celebrated my birthday at the hotel. I was warmly greeted, my room was upgraded, and I received a bar of my favorite candy.

I celebrated my birthday at Applebee's, where I was serenaded. I returned to a comfortable and clean room, that was very quiet.

My husband and I held a intimate celebration in the room. The setting is very peaceful.

The hotel is near Applebee's and Ruby Tuesday. It's a hop, skip and a jump from Martin's grocery store. It's next to a car wash and minutes away from a Food Lion and Walmart's. Also, there's a shuttle bus every 15 minutes to the Hollywood Casino.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I'm not going to write a book here. Straight to the point. This was the first time staying at Hampton Inn. This hotel was very clean! In our book that is a #1 priority. The staff is friendly, helpful and they seem like they really enjoy their place of employment. Located rigth near the casino. Shuttle service to and from casino. Based off the quality of customer service we received and the overall positive attitude from the staff. We will make this our #1 choice to stay at when visiting Charles Town WV.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

While repeatedly trying to get an issue resolved through the front desk over several days, we eventually found that talking to the cleaning staff was a more reliable method of problem resolution. We checked in on Sunday trying to get a room with fridge and microwave, and were promissed a resolution by Tuesday, even if we had to move, however due to high number of accomodations the expected room was let go without letting us move and most of the front desk staff basically just said sorry. Finally on the Wednesday after the front desk said they would make another reservation to hold a room so we could move. In the mean time my wife who was traveling with me talked with the lady cleaning the rooms on our floor and explained what was going on. This lady actually spent the time to talk to the hotel manager and explain we had been waiting. He then sent maintenance out to get a new fridge and microwave for our current room, so we didn't even have to move.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I came up with some friends for a weekend at the Charles Town casino. This was a perfect place to crash-- 24 hour shuttle to and from the casino was nice, not mention it was within walking distance of the grocery store and other food options. The room was clean and quiet.

The breakfast was ok. The biggest disappointment was the hot tub was pretty consistently lukewarm; the pool was about the same temperature, maybe a few degrees cooler. Of course, I'll take convenience and a clean room over those things, but definitely worth mentioning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Waynesboro, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

You just can't go wrong with Hampton Inn. They are consistent in cleanliness, comfort, and amenities. The Hampton in Charles Town exceeded my expectations! It's still a new hotel, but bed was super comfortable and the room was very very clean. I woke up feeling very rested, after a great quiet nights sleep!

Breakfast was good. Served turkey sausage. I prefer regular pork sausage so skipped it. Western omelet was a nice change from standard scrambled eggs. Breakfast space was expansive enough to accommodate a large number of guests! A refreshing change. Staff was very nice and attentive. Loved the shuttle to the casino. Easy and quick. Great stay!!!!! I'm a big fan and will definitely come back!

• Stayed January 2013
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We went to Charles Town, WV to visit Harper's Ferry, not for the casino. We arrived on Friday evening, the hotel was easy to find and get to from the interstate. Check in was quick, they gave us lots of information, where to park, where the elevators where, free cookies and coffee, etc. They made us feel very welcome. We were staying in a king suite. It was very big, very clean and very comfy. It did have this big desk in the middle of it, kinda strange. It seemed to be like a room divider but I'm not sure why the room needed dividing. We decided to order some food in because my husband was not feeling well. Not only the front desk associate have some menus handy, he brought them up to us! Very nice! And recommended one that was delicious. Later I decided I needed a few extra pillows, and those were quickly brought up as well. Bed was so comfy and the room was so quiet! Breakfast was less than stellar - but it was free and warm and lots of options. But the eggs were rubbery as was the sausage. I opted for a waffle. Coffee was hot. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Hampton Inn at its best!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Charles Town? Share your experiences!