“I'm a fan!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Charles Town
Waynesboro, Virginia
“I'm a fan!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

You just can't go wrong with Hampton Inn. They are consistent in cleanliness, comfort, and amenities. The Hampton in Charles Town exceeded my expectations! It's still a new hotel, but bed was super comfortable and the room was very very clean. I woke up feeling very rested, after a great quiet nights sleep!

Breakfast was good. Served turkey sausage. I prefer regular pork sausage so skipped it. Western omelet was a nice change from standard scrambled eggs. Breakfast space was expansive enough to accommodate a large number of guests! A refreshing change. Staff was very nice and attentive. Loved the shuttle to the casino. Easy and quick. Great stay!!!!! I'm a big fan and will definitely come back!

• Stayed January 2013

262 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We went to Charles Town, WV to visit Harper's Ferry, not for the casino. We arrived on Friday evening, the hotel was easy to find and get to from the interstate. Check in was quick, they gave us lots of information, where to park, where the elevators where, free cookies and coffee, etc. They made us feel very welcome. We were staying in a king suite. It was very big, very clean and very comfy. It did have this big desk in the middle of it, kinda strange. It seemed to be like a room divider but I'm not sure why the room needed dividing. We decided to order some food in because my husband was not feeling well. Not only the front desk associate have some menus handy, he brought them up to us! Very nice! And recommended one that was delicious. Later I decided I needed a few extra pillows, and those were quickly brought up as well. Bed was so comfy and the room was so quiet! Breakfast was less than stellar - but it was free and warm and lots of options. But the eggs were rubbery as was the sausage. I opted for a waffle. Coffee was hot. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Hampton Inn at its best!

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel from the moment we walked into the lobby. I had mistakenly booked a non-smoking room but the hotel was extremely accommodating and switched us to a smoking room - same rate. The rooms were very clean and any amenity you forgot the hotel will give to you complimentary. The free breakfast each morning was very good for continental style. We were very fortunate that the hotel staff were friendly and helpful as we wanted to eat breakfast in our room so they gave us a huge carrying tray. I would definitely stay here again. The hotel is very eco-friendly and the walls were pretty thick. We didn't hear a lot of activity in the hallway. The drive to Hollywood Casino is directly across the street - less than 2 minutes. There is also a Applebees and Ihop across from the hotel (you could walk). I've stayed at the Turf Motel and the Holiday Inn Express but would recommend this hotel as it's new and very clean.

Room Tip: We had a king smoking which was very good for a couple. Our friends had a double that came with a mi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We booked a last minute reservation during Hurricane Sandy. Due to our cruise being cancelled, then a last minute trip to Vegas being cancelled, we decided to do SOMETHING for our anniversary. The staff was really nice, offered us free ice cream and drinks in sympathy for our lost vacation plans. The room was amazingly clean. along with the rest of the hotel. It was a great stay! There is also a shuttle to and from the casino, making it a great spot to stay if you want to avoid driving. The rooms were quiet, clean, and staff friendly, we would absolutely stay again.

Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

This is a superb Hampton. Exactly what I have come to expect. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Having tried other hotels in the area, I make this one my home when visiting friends in Charles Town.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

We had an awesome experience. My husband works third shift abd got off wirk at eight am we called to see if we could get an early check in and they made sure when we arrived our room was ready. Every staff member the entire weekend was so friendly. The hotel is clean and so nice. My husband and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The hotel is well run, clean and newish. The staff were friendly and helpful. We used it as a base for travels to Harpers Ferry and Shepardstown WV. While we are not gamblers this hotel would be great for folks visiting the nearby casino. We got to see our first horse race up close.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Charles Town? Share your experiences!