“Great service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Final Cut Steakhouse

The Final Cut Steakhouse
Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races, 750 Hollywood Drive, Charles Town, WV 25414
800-795-7001
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Final Cut Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 48 restaurants in Charles Town
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: US 340
Description: Final Cut is a contemporary American steakhouse featuring hand selected USDA naturally aged Mid-Western Prime Beef, cut to order, seasoned and broiled to create a thin charred crust that seals in the natural beef juices. The menu features American Kobe Beef, Colorado Lamb, Duroc Pork, Wild Salmon, Cold Water Lobster, and many seasonal shellfish delivered daily to our door, plus incredible side dishes and fresh baked breads and desserts. A 250-bottle wine list is featured.
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We ate at the Final Cut and had great service. Alex was our server and he was extremely professional and well versed in the menu and his attention to detail. The steaks were both very good and we had two sides, which we could not finish. Next time we'll try and save room for dessert.

Visited October 2013

75% Recommend
Owings Mills, Maryland
“Lovely Dinner and Drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This was our second time at the Final Cut and it did not disappoint! The Sliders, Petit Filet, Mac & Cheese and the drinks were superior. We were so full we could not order dessert - AGAIN!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charles Town, West Virginia
“No Ruth Chris”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I decided to give Final Cut a try. She ordered a rib eye and i have a special which was a small steak with sides. When they finally brought her steak which was ordered medium, it was black and ruined. They did cook another that had no flavor at all. By the time this second steak came, my food was ice cold. They offered to cook once again but with over a hour and being disgusted we refused. They did give us a free desert which was nothing to write home about.
They did not charge us for the meal which she did not eat anyhow and did give us a chance to come back with 2 free appetizers. So we came back and we did not order any steaks. My wife had a crab cake which was good and a pasta appetizer. Chef Boradee in a can is much better.
Also she had the slider burgers which was also good. I had french onion soup, good and a highly recommended from the waiter clams casino of which he stated they sold out of the day before.
So I tried it and if I closed my eyes and you asked me what I was eating I would say hash browns. It had sand in it, very dry and was just nasty. I also had horrible indigestion all night long. I did not complain as we decided no matter what they offered it was not worth it.
All of their food is over priced.
If you want a truly great steak at the same price then go to Ruth Chris or Texas Roadhouse which lets you pick your steak at the entrance. Texas Roadhouse is quite a bit cheaper than Ruth Chris, but there again Ruth Chris you do get what you pay for.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
dmflevin
“A great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I made a reservation for 8 people for a bachelor party recently and everything was great.

Hristina put together a special priced fixed menu for us that satisfied everyones wishes. I would highly recommend going the priced fixed route if you have a large group.

Visited July 2013
Columbus
“Not bad...but overpriced and a touch unwarranted pretention...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Fifty bucks for steak and a potato is a touch overpriced...to say nothing of paying these prices in the west virginia panhandle...

The good...

+The steak was decent but not spectacular...good flavor, but not juicy..a touch dry. But no serious complaints...
+Sides are served in generous portions. The horseradish mashed potatoes were good.
+It was inside a casino...but I didn't hear the noise and bustle of the thousands of drunks who were throwing their money away...we never felt the noise pollution of the casino.

Needs work

-as mentioned above, it's overpriced. seven dollars for a baked potato? This isn't Manhattan, Seoul, or San Fransisco...
-The staff is a little accustomed to talking to drunk casino patrons...My wife raised an eyebrow when the waiter was talking to her like she was an idiot. Three continents....many countries...your menu isn't complicated, buddy..
-The beer menu was underwhelming. Sam adams is the most 'exotic' domestic beer...

This place serves decent food...but the overpriced food and moderate pretension caused us some giggles...

I would go back...if I was trying to impress a friend who likes to gamble. It's not a bad place...but I wish they would knock off some of the rust.

• Visited July 2013