“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Description: Sports bar, bowling alley
Annapolis, Maryland
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Dropped in here to eat after a local float trip. Was turned off by the attachment to the bowling alley - that was unfounded. Food was very good, well prepared and presented. Service was just fine. The only negative - for those of us not from WV, is that WV allows smoking in bars. This is a Bar/Restaurant, and there were smokers sitting at the bar. While the HVAC system did a pretty good job of keeping the smoke away from the tables, there is still a noticeable smell of cigarette smoke, which was a bit of a turn off.

They have 50 or so beers on tap, so it was fun to sample a few. Lots of TV's going with various olympic events. Good place to chill and grab a bite.

50% Recommend
Gaithersburg
“Eh...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We went to this bar to watch a NASCAR race since the bar we usually went to went out of business. We have always been treated well in Charles Town so I thought this place would be the same. WRONG! When we walked in, everyone turned and stared. Now, that wouldn't have normally bothered me, except that they continued to stare while we took our seats...very unwelcoming. My bf and I are smokers and at the time you could still smoke inside in WV. I don't know whether it's the same now. The bartender seemed uninterested in taking our drink order and forget trying to get food. I say uninterested, because there were, maybe, 5 people sitting at the bar and she didn't even try to come talk to us. It's attached to a bowling alley and that is the only reason I would ever come back

Visited July 2011
Virginia
“Ok for a break and a refreshing drink”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

By the time we got here we were ready for a cool drink and the root beer was great and the guys said the beer was good, too. Save your tummies and calories re: the food. Just very bland, get anywhere type of stuff. Fried and more fried or sandwhiches, etc. Nothing special but a nice and convenient place to take a refreshment break.

Visited April 2012
Charles Town, West Virginia
“staff looking to pick up a date”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stopped in to grab a bite and a drink. If your'e not 21 and you're not looking for love, don't stop here. I felt like I had thrown my money away. Terrible food, horrible service. Drive into Charles Town and eat somewhere good!

Visited March 2012
Charles Town, West Virginia, United States
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Great food and decent service but drinks are pricy

Visited October 2011