“Truly excellent sushi...” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Truly excellent sushi...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011 via mobile

We ate at Ginza's after reading reviews & jonesing for sushi! We didn't have super high expectations...it is WV...but WOW! Our sushi was delicious! The rolls were inventive, attractive & DELICIOUS!!! We highly recommend this place! The service was also great

Martinsburg, West Virginia
“BEWARE OF NOT HONORING COUPON!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

First, I'd like to say that my husband and I have been here many times and have really enjoyed the food and atmosphere.

However, I do not give Ginza 2 stars for the food or atmosphere. I am giving 2 stars for the service. A few weeks ago I took my husband to Ginza for lunch for his birthday. We had a coupon from the Val Pack that read "Save Your Receipts-From June through August after combined purchases of $120.00 or more, receive a $25.00 Gift Certificate". We had actually spent a little over $130.00 during the time frame. When I gave the server the coupon, I was rudely informed that the purchases must be made on "dinner" and my most recent receipt for the lunch did not qualify. I explained that it did not state this anywhere on the coupon and could she please check with the manager. The manager does not come to our table but I could see him telling the server to tell us that it does have to be dinner purchases and that Val Pack must have had a misprint. He continues to ignores our table and gets on the telephone. We were so upset that we left without trying to argue our point. On my way home I became angrier and angrier. I feel cheated out of our gift certificate. I still do not understand how spending $120.00 is different for lunch vs. dinner. In fact, you would have to make more trips to a restaurant if you are eating lunch vs. eating dinner.

Buyer beware, Ginza will not honor this coupon! The sad part is I got the most recent Val Pack in the mail last week and there is THE SAME COUPON in there this month. Seems to me that this "misprint" would have been corrected.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charles Town, West Virginia
“A frequent visitor because it keeps getting better everytime.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We visit Ginza at least once every other week. We keep going back for three reasons: food, atmosphere, people. FOOD. The food is awesome. They've also recently expanded their menu so there is something for everyone. The seafood sauce/yum yum sauce (depending on what you want to call it) is the best I've ever eaten. ATMOSPHERE. There are two separate sections, one for hibachi style where they cook it in front of you and the other is normal restaurant setting. The normal setting area is cozy and can be very romantic because of the way the setting areas are set up. The lighting is low which is nice as well. The interior design is well done. There is a special setting area for large groups so if you want to have a private party you are separated from the other guest. There is also a bar area which is well stocked. PEOPLE. The food makes you want to go back. The people are what keeps you going back. The people there are just wonderful from the manager on down. We've been to several restaurants where the food was good but the service was so bad we never went back. This place isn't like that. The food and service are what I expect when I go out to eat. The serving staff is constantly looking for empty drink glasses and are always on the move. The prices are reasonable for any restaurant in the area and the portions are quite sufficient. Two people can leave stuffed for $35 or $50 (give or take) depending on what choices you pick for your dinner (rice with chicken, shrimp, steak, lobster, etc.). That includes your dinner with 2 complimentary shrimp, salad, soup, drink, and a nice orange arrangement when you are done. We'll keep going back and supporting our local restaurants, especially when they are this good :-)

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
middleway wv
“It's the people that make this place great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

These places are all pretty much the same food wise. I have been here many times and can safely say it's the people that work here that make it great. I have not been to that place in Martinsburg since my first time at Ginza.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
beautiful Harpers Ferry WV
“not cheap, but very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

It's a Japanese place, so it's not gonna be cheap, you're paying for the entertainment value as well as the food. (And of course, "cheap" is relative. For this area, this is expensive food.)

But pretty much all the food we've gotten here has been at least good, some very good, some downright delicious. For example, I love the scallops and my wife loves the liver. Steak was also very good. Shrimp good too, so their scallops / steak / shrimp combo is excellent -- though $27. Various chicken dishes have been good too, our 8-yr-old prefers those. We liked our soup too, and the salad was decent.

And the typical chef show is of course fun, especially for kids who've never seen it before. Starts off with a big flash of fire, later is an onion volcano. Also some dexterous moves with forks and spatulas and the like. Only bad part of the show is that I've never seen one of them have good aim when shooting shrimp bits to the diners. I caught one once, but practically had to dive to the floor to get it.

Anyway, if you're not too concerned about price, this is a great place to eat.

The only bad experience we had here was one Mother's Day, they hustled us through extremely rudely. I understand they want to keep turning over the tables, but we barely had 20 minutes to eat! Anyway, they're usually not all that busy -- often quite desolate actually. Might be too pricey for this area, but I sure hope they stick around.