“Excellent gourmet food!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Redbook Restaurant

Redbook Restaurant
4486 Summit Point Rd, Charles Town, WV 25414 (Formerly Hillbrook Inn)
+1 304-728-8858
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 56 Restaurants in Charles Town
Cuisines: American, Seafood, European
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: In a league all its own. Using the freshest seasonal and local ingredients, our talented culinary team create a fine dining pre fixe experience!
Deerfield Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent gourmet food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Chef's Justin and Jim make unique meals with the freshest ingredients. Definitely recommend eating dinner here if you're staying at the inn. You won't want to miss it!

Visited June 2013
Hillbrook, Owner at Redbook Restaurant, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for giving feedback about Chef Justin and Chef Jim! We are blessed to have them as part of our team. Not only because they are fantastic at what they do, but more importantly they are wonderful people to work beside!

Virginia
“Possibly the best filet I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Cooked to perfection and served with smashed red potatoes and garden carrots. Breakfast the next morning equally delicious, eggs Benedict and baked strawberries topped with the Inn's signature granola. These two chefs have taken dining at the Hillbrook to the next level, can't wait to return

Visited June 2013
Hillbrook, Owner at Redbook Restaurant, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your "Hillbrook Culinary Experience". It is deeply appreciated! Chef Justin and Naysa were the culinary team behind those meals and we have to give them credit. They add so much to the Inn and all it has to offer. Thank you for noticing and sharing it with others.

Boston, Massachusetts
“A cozy and romantic place to dine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Small and intimate, there is one small dining room that only fits about 10 people. There is one sitting with delicious food!!!

Visited May 2013
Hillbrook, Owner at Redbook Restaurant, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I am happy to hear that you find Hillbrook to be "cozy and romantic". We have done our best to create an atmosphere that is comfortable for guests to enjoy and spend time together. Thank you for taking the time to write about it!

Charles Town, West Virginia
“Gorgeous Estate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of dining here for Valentine's Day. What a beautiful place this is! It was like driving up to a fairytale. It is decorated like I would expect a European castle to be on the inside and we were seated near a beautiful roaring fire. My husband had the filet mignon and said it was the best he has ever eaten. He started planning when our next special occasion was so he could eat here again. This is a first. I, however, wish there was more for me to eat. I do not eat steak so I had an improvised meal which consisted of three small shrimp and two small scallops on a skewer with a handful of rice and veggies. I had been served cream of asparagus soup beforehand which was not very tasty so I was quite ready for a full meal. I consider my main entree to be an appetizer and mind you, I am not a big eater. Dessert was light and delicious though and the service was excellent. I really feel for all the servers carting our food and dishes up and down the stairs! I highly recommend staying or eating here at least once. I just hope when I return that there will be perhaps some bread for me to eat, a choice of soup or salad, and a decent sized main entree. I went home and ate some more and after the money we spent- that was just a little on the ridiculous side.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hillbrook, Manager at Redbook Restaurant, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I have shared it with our culinary team and hope you enjoy your next visit as much as you did your first. Your kind comments are deeply appreciated!

Middleburg, Virginia
“Quaint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We had a delightful 5 course dinner with friends in this quaint 18th century hideaway. The setting is off the beaten path but only about 10 minutes from Charles Town Race Track. The service was outstanding and a hallmark for the inn. The cuisine was well balanced and though satisfying the appetite was less than a man would normally prefer. Portions are modest and certainly sufficient for a reserved lady. Coffee was served in demitasse hardly adequate for a typical man who enjoys a couple of cups (6 oz). Presentation was outstanding and delectable.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hillbrook, Owner at Redbook Restaurant, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I appreciate the time you took to write a review for the Hillbrook Inn! We have taken your review into consideration while planning the future of what needs to happen at the Inn. It is only by feedback that we grow and improve for our customers. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed everything, especially the setting at our European Style Inn.