“Gorgeous Estate” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Redbook Restaurant

Redbook Restaurant
4486 Summit Point Rd, Charles Town, WV 25414 (Formerly Hillbrook Inn)
+1 304-728-8858
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 55 Restaurants in Charles Town
Cuisines: American, Seafood, European
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: In a league all its own. Using the freshest seasonal and local ingredients, our talented culinary team create a fine dining pre fixe experience!
Charles Town, West Virginia
“Gorgeous Estate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of dining here for Valentine's Day. What a beautiful place this is! It was like driving up to a fairytale. It is decorated like I would expect a European castle to be on the inside and we were seated near a beautiful roaring fire. My husband had the filet mignon and said it was the best he has ever eaten. He started planning when our next special occasion was so he could eat here again. This is a first. I, however, wish there was more for me to eat. I do not eat steak so I had an improvised meal which consisted of three small shrimp and two small scallops on a skewer with a handful of rice and veggies. I had been served cream of asparagus soup beforehand which was not very tasty so I was quite ready for a full meal. I consider my main entree to be an appetizer and mind you, I am not a big eater. Dessert was light and delicious though and the service was excellent. I really feel for all the servers carting our food and dishes up and down the stairs! I highly recommend staying or eating here at least once. I just hope when I return that there will be perhaps some bread for me to eat, a choice of soup or salad, and a decent sized main entree. I went home and ate some more and after the money we spent- that was just a little on the ridiculous side.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hillbrook, Manager at Redbook Restaurant, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I have shared it with our culinary team and hope you enjoy your next visit as much as you did your first. Your kind comments are deeply appreciated!

Middleburg, Virginia
“Quaint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We had a delightful 5 course dinner with friends in this quaint 18th century hideaway. The setting is off the beaten path but only about 10 minutes from Charles Town Race Track. The service was outstanding and a hallmark for the inn. The cuisine was well balanced and though satisfying the appetite was less than a man would normally prefer. Portions are modest and certainly sufficient for a reserved lady. Coffee was served in demitasse hardly adequate for a typical man who enjoys a couple of cups (6 oz). Presentation was outstanding and delectable.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hillbrook, Owner at Redbook Restaurant, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I appreciate the time you took to write a review for the Hillbrook Inn! We have taken your review into consideration while planning the future of what needs to happen at the Inn. It is only by feedback that we grow and improve for our customers. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed everything, especially the setting at our European Style Inn.

Alexandria, VA
“Great Three Course Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Excellent food quality. Wonderful service. Just a lovely evening and setting. No rush to eat and clear a table. A beautiful fire blazing. It couldn't have been nicer.

Visited January 2013
Hillbrook, Owner at Redbook Restaurant, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
I am happy to hear that we created a great ambiance at dinner. A roaring fire on a cold night with someone you care about is always a nice treat! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the delicious meal.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Mm Mm Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The breakfast was three courses of amazingness. Coffee and juice were flowing, and the yogurt dish and eggs benedict were memorable!

Visited December 2012
I love breakfast too...so it was great to hear you enjoyed it as well! Thank you for visiting us!
Greenville, North Carolina, United States
“World Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My company has customers come to visit us from all over the world. Alot of these customers have stayed at this Inn and told me how much they really liked it. In fact it was our favorite customer from New Zealand that brought this place to our attention-funny living in Charles Town, we had never eaten there. In any case after another customer mentioned it to me on Friday, I decided to take my family to dinner to celebrate our 30 year anniversary. I could not have been happier! Even though it was on a Monday night when a lot of restaurants are closed, they opened and prepared a 3 course meal that was as good as any I had on a recent trip to Paris! The ambiance, the service-----no is it not fast food that a lot of people are used to, so might seem a little slow to some people, was perfect. We arrived at 5:30 and had a drink, were seated at 6:00 in our dinning room. After relaxing with another drink, our salads were served and they were great. Our dinner consisted of Pork which was perfectly cooked, corn that was the best I have ever had, and macaronni and cheese. The unbelievable thing was that all 7 people really enjoyed the meal.....when I am sure if they had be able to do so, they would have all ordered something different! The desert, as I said we just got back from Paris, was it was light and delicious......after coffee we were left totally fullfilled and left at 8 pm. A very pleasant two and a half hour dinner experience that was well worth the money......If you are looking for a really great upscale experience, this is it in in Charles Town.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your kind words! It was an honor to share your 30th Anniversary with you! It was nice to hear that we exceeded the expectations on that Monday evening. We are a European style inn that prides itself in service, but a relaxing and elegant atmosphere. Too often we rush through meals without really enjoying the guest or guests we are dining with and the Hillbrook experience allows for this! Thank you for noticing and appreciating what we offer our guests. Thank your customers for the recommendation, it really means a lot to each of us at Hillbrook Inn! We think of ourselves as a “great kept secret” in Charles Town and look forward to future visits with you!