“Economy motel within walking distance to casino” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - Charles Town

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn - Charles Town to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - Charles Town
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   807 Willow Spring Drive, Charles Town, WV 25414 (Formerly Knights Inn - Charles Town)   |
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Charles Town
Alexandria, VA (Washington DC Metro)
“Economy motel within walking distance to casino”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This place is just fine for one night. It is a typical 1970's, drive up to your room motel. It was $67 (inc tax) for a holiday weekend night. It is within walking distance to the Hollywood Casino. We took a cab because it was unusually cold and windy - the cab ride was $3.50. The diner next door was decent and the waitress we had was a blast. The front desk person, Lynn, at the Value Inn was very helpful.

The bed was rock hard - not to my liking but fine for a night. I wouldn't walk shoeless on the carpet but I feel that way to varying degrees about every hotel room.

The room was old but clean.

We spend about 70 nights per year in hotel rooms, mostly in Marriott's. in this case we wanted someplace right near the casino that accepted dogs.

• Stayed February 2013
KADLI, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Charles Town, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear DebraAtShopLaM,

Thank you for sharing an honest opinion regarding your stay with us. Although we are an older motel, we do our best to provide a pleasurable experience. I am also glad that you enjoyed our convenient location to the Casino and that we allow dogs. We hope that you stay with us again in the future.

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sparks, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

If you like crappy everything this place is for you! I am not sure that the linen was fresh, but the bfast was not. TV does not get baltimore baseball. A/C -furnace unit noise drowns out the hourly rental noise. Room key did work, which was actually an unlucky thing.

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Rob L,

Sorry to hear about the issues you encountered while staying with us. We recently upgraded our television programming to Directv and now offer 5 HBO channels and additional sports channels such as ESPN.

Columbia, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

It's a good thing for them they have a good location, otherwise there'd be no reason whatsoever to stay there. This is the type of place that you would expect to charge hourly rates. I wouldn't have stayed there to begin with if all the other hotels in the area weren't already booked. Furthermore, when I got there I was told I would have to pay an extra $10 because there were three of us, even though I said there were 3 of us when i booked the room online they said the website only charges for 2 and I would have to pay extra. Not something I was notified of until I went to check in. I would've paid twice as much to stay anywhere else if I had any options. As it was I almost decided to sleep in my friends car.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Corey C,

Thank you for sharing a traveler opinion with us. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the extra adult fee. As you had mentioned, we have to charge for any extra adults staying in the room. This is due to the fact that we also incur additional costs for cleaning, utilities etc.

Americas Best Value Inn-Charles Town,WV
Stafford, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Staying at the America's Best Value Inn was the worst night of my life. this place is not fit for a dog to stay in. i book 2 rooms, first the rooms was nothing like what is posted on their web site. rooms are 10x smaller, beds are very close together, the furniture is mix and match with old old tv's, tube kind. maybe a 26in at the most. bed covers smelled, carpet very dirty and stains everywhere. took my shoes off with my white socks and damn within an hour, they were black at tar. i had to go to walmart to purchase cleaning items to disinfect. the tubs had black rings around tub, very nasty. toliet seat was so old that was coming apart. the furniture was very old, i even had to wipe down the headboard. stink bugs all in window seals, tub and sink. this was a last minute reservation and i wished i had just slept in my car. i couldn't get comfortable at all.

Room Tip: don't believe what you see online.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Delphine D,

I appreciate the you took the time to share a review with us. I am truly sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience with us. We try our best to provide clean rooms and reasonable rates. We do have a program in place where each room is inspected. We also try to address any issues found. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations.

Hinckley
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Shabby, unattractive, low end place, with a rude manager.Checked out two rooms and signed into one. Upon a closer inspection, decided it was not up to our standards and asked for a refund, but manager would not give one. Stayed one night, but could not sleep and could not wait to get out.

Room Tip: Book some where else!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ron C,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am sorry it has taken so long to respond. I understand you had some issues with your room during your stay with us. We do try accommodate each and every one of our guests. If the room did not meet your expectations, we would have tried our best to accommodate you. Please understand, we incur additional costs of not being able to sell the room and can only offer a refund with a certain amount of time.

Americas Best Value Inn-Charles Town
Hollidaysbur,PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was the worst smelling motel we've ever stayed in. I would not recommend it to anyone. As soon as I walked into the room I started to gag. I was so glad we had taken our own sheets and blankets. If we had not I know we would have slept in our vehicle or just stayed over at the casino. I wish I would've asked for a refund.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Susan175,

Thank you for sharing a traveler review with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with us. We are currently in the process of upgrading our bedding. I am sorry we could not meet your expectations.

Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My friends had told me they were very pleased with this hotel chain, so we decided to try it. The main reason for choosing this property was that they allowed dogs. I made the reservation online via Expedia. Upon arrival, we were told that we were being upgraded to a "King" room. However, there was no mention of the dogs on the reservation: when I mentioned that we were moved to a "Pets" room with two queen beds. The room was very shabby and the a/c spewed so much dust when turned on it caused a coughing fit. The reading lights by the bed didn't work at all, one was missing a bulb. After tracing the cord behind on of the beds we discovered that bare wires were showing under a poor taping job. The table by the front window was too big for the area and created a wind tunnel on the bed because the air was trapped under the table top. The box springs under the mattresses were filthy with stains and dirt. The water pressure in the shower and sink was a dribble. The a/c fan control was broken so it was either high or off, necessitating constant manipulation of the temp control to maintain some semblance of comfort.
The front door lock did not work; the chain was the only security on the door. Overall, I was VERY disappointed with the stay. They even made the attendant come to check the room out to make sure there was no pet damage before they would refund my $100 security deposit. If at all possible, I will kennel my dogs before another trip to Charles Town, or at the very least stay in one of the pet friendly hotels in Winchester. I did report my issues to America's Best Value Inns and they responded they were forwarding it to the hotel and I would get a reply via email. To date, over a month has passed and no replies received. Definitely do not recommend this property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Fayden,

On behalf of the staff of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to personally apologize for the poor experience you encountered with us. I am also sorry it has taken so long to respond. We do allow limited pets at our property. Due to the issues associated with pets such as allergies, we are only able to allow pets in certain rooms. We hope that you understand our stance regarding this. As for the other issues mentioned, we do our best to maintain standards. I will look into the matter and make any improvements where necessary.

Americas Best Value Inn-Charles Town, WV

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Charles Town? Share your experiences!