“bugs” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - Charles Town

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn - Charles Town to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - Charles Town
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   807 Willow Spring Drive, Charles Town, WV 25414 (Formerly Knights Inn - Charles Town)   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Charles Town
Taneytown, Maryland
“bugs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Visited your motel ...there were bugs in room 134 ---termites, owner flatly refuses to reconize he has a problem...but beware they will crawl on the wall and in the shower when the light is on. I emailed the West Virginia Health Department. Yuck...spend the $20 extra and rent a room at the Inn.

Room Tip: go to the Inn across the street....I found termites ...who knows what else is lurking.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
KADLI, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Charles Town, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear Sheila S,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I apologize for any negative experience you encountered. The claim you had made regarding termites has been fully investigated by our local Health Department and no issues were found. I am sorry we could not meet your expectations.

Americas Best Value Inn-Charles Town, WV

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dale City, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Once again, we found the beds very comfortable and the shower had hot water and good pressure. It's still conveniently located for anyone visiting the casino and race track.

We ate breakfast at the Mountain View Diner, which is across the parking lot. The food there is great!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear VirginiaTraveler55,

Thank you for posting a traveler review with us. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our comfortable beds and convenient location to restaurants and the casino. We value you as our guest and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Woodbridge, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

If I could give a raiting of two and half, I would. The room was not poor but definitely less than average.

I was a little nervous to stay in this hotel after reading all of the horrible reviews. I figured we wouldn't be spending a lot of time in the room anyway so it wouldn't hurt to try it out.

The front desk people were nice enough. We made our reservation online and when we checked in I had to show my ID and fill out a card with my information. We were given two keys to the room, which was only 2 doors down from the office.

The rooms, as previously stated in other reviews, are run down. They could absolutely benefit from a coat of paint and a thorough carpet cleaning.

I would also suggest that they consider checking behind the maid once in a while. The room was...clean-ish. I checked for bed bugs, as I always do, and didn't find anything. The sheets looked clean, as did the blankets.

The small love seat/bench in the room looked pretty gross. It was covered with dust and what looked like dog hair. We didn't sit or put anything on it. As a smoker, I am not overly sensitive to cigarette smells. We were staying in a non smoking room because that was what was available. However, the bathroom REEKED of stale smoke. Lastly, and the one thing that really did gross me out, was the carpet. None of the corners had been vaccumed, in what looked like, ever. Maybe this is a small thing, but it would give the appearance of a much cleaner room even if the building is old and run down.

On the plus side, the free shuttle to the casino was awesome. We only had to wait a few minutes each time and they have plenty of shuttles so it was never overly crowded. There is a nice little mom and pop diner right next door from the hotel.

One final thing...if you are sensitive to noise, I would suggest staying on the second floor. It didn't bother me at all, but you can hear the water running from the rooms upstairs and people walking up and down the stairs.

All in all, I would say you definitely get what you pay for. I went in expecting the worse so in that regard, it was better than what I thought it would be. It is NOT the ritz but I don't think it's a roach motel, either.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear R S,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share your opinion with us. Although we have an older property, we work hard to maintain our facilities. Recently, we have added flat panel TV's, painted the exterior, and now have Directv satellite to provide more channels for our guests. We hope that these improvements will enhance the overall experience.

Greencastle, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I stayed there and upon checking in had a 100 dollar bill, of course the rooms cost 80 dollars but was told I could use my 100 dollar bill because she didn't have change. After checking in and using my card went over to the racetrack nearby. Two hours later I returned and was tired and went to get and bed. I pulled the sheets down and noticed hair and stains on my bed. I immediately called the front desk. The front desk told me to brush off the bed. My reply was I am not staying in this room. Both beds in our room were very dirty. We were not even offered clean liens the toilet was also dirty! I told the lady at the front desk to come look at our room. She said she would be up. She came up and looked at the bed and apologized and said I'm sorry we have no vacancy and I can't refund your money because the manager won't be in until 9am. I said well I am not staying here I am not sleeping in a dirty bed and in a dirty room! She said well stay here until the manage gets here in the morning. I said no are u kidding me! I am checking out, mind you we only had the room for 2hrs and wasn't even there and she knew it. I gave her my phone number and told her to have the manager call me. The next day no call received so I called and they said he wasn't there. It was 12noon, so i asked when he would be in again she said tommorrow. The next day I called and spoke with a gentleman that said they looked at the bed and didn't see anything! Yeah right!! Either the women cleaned up or they ripped me off!! He said I wouldnt be getting a refund! I asked him the mangers name...funny he wouldn't give it to me! I asked to have him call me... He said I already told him and your not getting your refund because you have a half an hour from the time you check in to get a refund! I didn't stay at the place! Didn't get my money back yet or a anything! DO NOT STAY HERE, SAVE YOUR TIME AND MONEY STAY SOMWHERE THAT COST A COUPLE DOLLARS MORE! THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THIER CUSTOMER, THEY JUST SEE $$$$$$$ if the owner is reading this, this was supposed to be my valentines day gift! Thanks alot!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Heather C,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. We do try to accommodate each of our guests. We did offer to change rooms, but unfortunately we were not able to meet your expectations.

Americas Best Value Inn-Charles Town,WV
Redford, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

My husband made this reservation on line. We arrived, charged our room and went inside. While checking for bedbugs (which I do at every hotel) I found the mattress too be extremely old, FULL of old urine stains (don't know how recent they were). This mattress was not even fit to be donated to the Salvation Army. There were no towels, only one wash
cloth. When my husband called about them, he had to go to the office and was given only two bath towels. The bathroom had a foul smell which permeated through the rest of the room. I looked up the other reviews and began to have safety concerns. Requested refund, told could not refund on line, and then stated they actually never give refunds! We left and traveled on, getting a room at another hotel later that night.

Room Tip: From now on, I will examine the room before I finalize the charge at any hotel.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Judith K,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am concerned about the quality issues you encountered during your stay. We have addressed the concerns you had mentioned with our housekeepers. Thank you for bringing the matter to our attention.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

It is dirty. The towe's still look dirty. The sheets were not changed in day's. I call the front desk and they sand a new sheets. The toilet did not work we called and called for maitence and they brought us the plundger to unplunge it. they have bug's all over the room. So I ask for my money back they say no. I tell the front desk i been in room for 1hr.
If you can not give me money then give me other room. So she give a other dirty room. So at tish point me and my friend checkout from the room.I tell the front desk this is not good. So she tell me she will give the money back.
We found the other motel in town It was clean plus it was less money.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Dear MS_2171,

I am sorry to hear about the lack of cleanliness you encountered during your stay. We do try to meet the expectations of each of our guests. We have recently added new flat panel TV's, and painted the exterior of the hotel. We are always looking for new ways to improve our hotel. We hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you.

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

We stayed at this Inn, July 21, and 22. We were greeted with smiles and the person at the front desk joked and kidded with us. very friendly man. The room was what I expected and was exactly what we saw on the website pictures. It's Not the Taj Mahal, but it was clean, and as comfortable as any motel room is. The staff was friendly and when I had a request for an item they brought it to me, very quickly. Don't stay here if you expect egyptian cotton sheets, and gold sparkling from all corners of your room. It's not the place for you, but if you are looking for a clean, friendly, convenient AND economical place to stay while you visit the slots and racetrack, then by all means give this place a shot.

Room Tip: ask for what you want
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Charles Town? Share your experiences!