If I could give a raiting of two and half, I would. The room was not poor but definitely less than average.
I was a little nervous to stay in this hotel after reading all of the horrible reviews. I figured we wouldn't be spending a lot of time in the room anyway so it wouldn't hurt to try it out.
The front desk people were nice enough. We made our reservation online and when we checked in I had to show my ID and fill out a card with my information. We were given two keys to the room, which was only 2 doors down from the office.
The rooms, as previously stated in other reviews, are run down. They could absolutely benefit from a coat of paint and a thorough carpet cleaning.
I would also suggest that they consider checking behind the maid once in a while. The room was...clean-ish. I checked for bed bugs, as I always do, and didn't find anything. The sheets looked clean, as did the blankets.
The small love seat/bench in the room looked pretty gross. It was covered with dust and what looked like dog hair. We didn't sit or put anything on it. As a smoker, I am not overly sensitive to cigarette smells. We were staying in a non smoking room because that was what was available. However, the bathroom REEKED of stale smoke. Lastly, and the one thing that really did gross me out, was the carpet. None of the corners had been vaccumed, in what looked like, ever. Maybe this is a small thing, but it would give the appearance of a much cleaner room even if the building is old and run down.
On the plus side, the free shuttle to the casino was awesome. We only had to wait a few minutes each time and they have plenty of shuttles so it was never overly crowded. There is a nice little mom and pop diner right next door from the hotel.
One final thing...if you are sensitive to noise, I would suggest staying on the second floor. It didn't bother me at all, but you can hear the water running from the rooms upstairs and people walking up and down the stairs.
All in all, I would say you definitely get what you pay for. I went in expecting the worse so in that regard, it was better than what I thought it would be. It is NOT the ritz but I don't think it's a roach motel, either.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn - Charles Town Hotel Charles Town
- Americas Best Value Inn - Charles Town Hotel
- Knights Inn Charles Town
- Charles Town Knights Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Americas Best Value Inn of Charles Town, WV, located in eastern West Virginia. Charles Town is less than five miles from the Virginia and Maryland borders. This town was founded by Charles Washington, brother of George Washington, in 1780. Our hotel is conveniently located near the famous Harpers Ferry National Park where many great events took place, and one of the best local attractions to visit. We are within walking distance of the American Military University, Jefferson County Museum, and Jefferson Memorial Hospital. Improve your handicap by playing a round of golf at Locust Hill Golf Course. Local restaurants include Shu Chen Restaurant, Mediterranean Cafe, and Applebee's Neighborhood Grill.Our pet friendly hotel is the ideal place to stay when visiting historical Charles Town. Wake up and enjoy our free continental breakfast served daily, catch up on current events and local news while enjoying a cup of coffee in our seating area. Take advantage of our laundry facility. The Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races offers free pre-scheduled shuttle service available all day to our guests. Stay connected with wireless high-speed Internet access available in our lobby area and select rooms. A peaceful night awaits you in one of our well equipped guest room with amenities including a coffeemaker, satellite TV with HBO, radio, hairdryer, desk with lamp, table and chairs, and free wake-up service. A microwave and mini-fridge may be available upon request. At Americas Best Value Inn Charles Town, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn - Charles Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.