“Terrible service they are not worried about their customers! They just want your money!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - Charles Town

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn - Charles Town to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - Charles Town
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   807 Willow Spring Drive, Charles Town, WV 25414 (Formerly Knights Inn - Charles Town)   |
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Charles Town
Greencastle, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I stayed there and upon checking in had a 100 dollar bill, of course the rooms cost 80 dollars but was told I could use my 100 dollar bill because she didn't have change. After checking in and using my card went over to the racetrack nearby. Two hours later I returned and was tired and went to get and bed. I pulled the sheets down and noticed hair and stains on my bed. I immediately called the front desk. The front desk told me to brush off the bed. My reply was I am not staying in this room. Both beds in our room were very dirty. We were not even offered clean liens the toilet was also dirty! I told the lady at the front desk to come look at our room. She said she would be up. She came up and looked at the bed and apologized and said I'm sorry we have no vacancy and I can't refund your money because the manager won't be in until 9am. I said well I am not staying here I am not sleeping in a dirty bed and in a dirty room! She said well stay here until the manage gets here in the morning. I said no are u kidding me! I am checking out, mind you we only had the room for 2hrs and wasn't even there and she knew it. I gave her my phone number and told her to have the manager call me. The next day no call received so I called and they said he wasn't there. It was 12noon, so i asked when he would be in again she said tommorrow. The next day I called and spoke with a gentleman that said they looked at the bed and didn't see anything! Yeah right!! Either the women cleaned up or they ripped me off!! He said I wouldnt be getting a refund! I asked him the mangers name...funny he wouldn't give it to me! I asked to have him call me... He said I already told him and your not getting your refund because you have a half an hour from the time you check in to get a refund! I didn't stay at the place! Didn't get my money back yet or a anything! DO NOT STAY HERE, SAVE YOUR TIME AND MONEY STAY SOMWHERE THAT COST A COUPLE DOLLARS MORE! THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THIER CUSTOMER, THEY JUST SEE $$$$$$$ if the owner is reading this, this was supposed to be my valentines day gift! Thanks alot!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
KADLI, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Charles Town, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear Heather C,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. We do try to accommodate each of our guests. We did offer to change rooms, but unfortunately we were not able to meet your expectations.

Americas Best Value Inn-Charles Town,WV

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Redford, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

My husband made this reservation on line. We arrived, charged our room and went inside. While checking for bedbugs (which I do at every hotel) I found the mattress too be extremely old, FULL of old urine stains (don't know how recent they were). This mattress was not even fit to be donated to the Salvation Army. There were no towels, only one wash
cloth. When my husband called about them, he had to go to the office and was given only two bath towels. The bathroom had a foul smell which permeated through the rest of the room. I looked up the other reviews and began to have safety concerns. Requested refund, told could not refund on line, and then stated they actually never give refunds! We left and traveled on, getting a room at another hotel later that night.

Room Tip: From now on, I will examine the room before I finalize the charge at any hotel.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Judith K,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am concerned about the quality issues you encountered during your stay. We have addressed the concerns you had mentioned with our housekeepers. Thank you for bringing the matter to our attention.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

It is dirty. The towe's still look dirty. The sheets were not changed in day's. I call the front desk and they sand a new sheets. The toilet did not work we called and called for maitence and they brought us the plundger to unplunge it. they have bug's all over the room. So I ask for my money back they say no. I tell the front desk i been in room for 1hr.
If you can not give me money then give me other room. So she give a other dirty room. So at tish point me and my friend checkout from the room.I tell the front desk this is not good. So she tell me she will give the money back.
We found the other motel in town It was clean plus it was less money.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Dear MS_2171,

I am sorry to hear about the lack of cleanliness you encountered during your stay. We do try to meet the expectations of each of our guests. We have recently added new flat panel TV's, and painted the exterior of the hotel. We are always looking for new ways to improve our hotel. We hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you.

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

We stayed at this Inn, July 21, and 22. We were greeted with smiles and the person at the front desk joked and kidded with us. very friendly man. The room was what I expected and was exactly what we saw on the website pictures. It's Not the Taj Mahal, but it was clean, and as comfortable as any motel room is. The staff was friendly and when I had a request for an item they brought it to me, very quickly. Don't stay here if you expect egyptian cotton sheets, and gold sparkling from all corners of your room. It's not the place for you, but if you are looking for a clean, friendly, convenient AND economical place to stay while you visit the slots and racetrack, then by all means give this place a shot.

Room Tip: ask for what you want
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

All right, I saw all the bad reviews, and wanted to report back about my stay there. I was comped a free room at the Charlestown Inn Sunday night. I needed someplace to stay on Saturday night, and Holiday Inn was $190, the Charles Town Inn was $290, and this was $80. Everything worked, but to flush the toilet you had to hold the handle down, the floor was stained, and the box springs had stains on them. The beds were hard. No bugs, the room was vacumed and everything worked. This is what I expected, and because of the past reviews, I did request a room on the second floor. That helped.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Dale City, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

My wife stayed at this hotel because it was near the Charles Town race track and was much closer and cheaper than a Quility Suites we had stayed at twice before. This hotel is conveniently located to the race track and a lot of restaurants. We just walked to breakfast the next morning.

There are 2 things we want when we use a hotel - comfortable beds and a hot shower with good water pressure. We got that plus a clean room. Vickie (the office manager was nice).

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
KADLI, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Charles Town, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to share a review about our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed our friendly staff. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. We understand that you have many options in the marketplace, and are pleased that you have made Americas Best Value Inn your premiere choice for lodging.

We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Shirish-Owner
Winthrop
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

Upon check in the receptionist was very nice. When we got to our room there were not enough towels. Went to front desk and asked for some, said she would bring some right over. We never did see the towels. When we turned the hot water in the sink there was not any. Turned hot water on in tub to see if we could get hot water sooner. Was able to get luke warm water in the sink, but could never get any hot water in the shower. We were unable to use the shower. When we checked out in the morning went to front desk to tell them there was no hot water and there was not even anyone at the desk. We will definintely cross this off our list which makes me sad because in the past 10 years we have stayed here several times and no complaints, but not willing to chance it again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why the hot water did not meet your expectations. We wish to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible. We will further evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring again in the future.

Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you. Once again, we appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer. Please call me directly for a discount on a future stay.

Yours sincerely,

Shirish-Owner
Americas Best Value Inn-Charles Town, WV

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Charles Town? Share your experiences!