I stayed there and upon checking in had a 100 dollar bill, of course the rooms cost 80 dollars but was told I could use my 100 dollar bill because she didn't have change. After checking in and using my card went over to the racetrack nearby. Two hours later I returned and was tired and went to get and bed. I pulled the sheets down and noticed hair and stains on my bed. I immediately called the front desk. The front desk told me to brush off the bed. My reply was I am not staying in this room. Both beds in our room were very dirty. We were not even offered clean liens the toilet was also dirty! I told the lady at the front desk to come look at our room. She said she would be up. She came up and looked at the bed and apologized and said I'm sorry we have no vacancy and I can't refund your money because the manager won't be in until 9am. I said well I am not staying here I am not sleeping in a dirty bed and in a dirty room! She said well stay here until the manage gets here in the morning. I said no are u kidding me! I am checking out, mind you we only had the room for 2hrs and wasn't even there and she knew it. I gave her my phone number and told her to have the manager call me. The next day no call received so I called and they said he wasn't there. It was 12noon, so i asked when he would be in again she said tommorrow. The next day I called and spoke with a gentleman that said they looked at the bed and didn't see anything! Yeah right!! Either the women cleaned up or they ripped me off!! He said I wouldnt be getting a refund! I asked him the mangers name...funny he wouldn't give it to me! I asked to have him call me... He said I already told him and your not getting your refund because you have a half an hour from the time you check in to get a refund! I didn't stay at the place! Didn't get my money back yet or a anything! DO NOT STAY HERE, SAVE YOUR TIME AND MONEY STAY SOMWHERE THAT COST A COUPLE DOLLARS MORE! THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THIER CUSTOMER, THEY JUST SEE $$$$$$$ if the owner is reading this, this was supposed to be my valentines day gift! Thanks alot!
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn - Charles Town Hotel Charles Town
- Americas Best Value Inn - Charles Town Hotel
- Knights Inn Charles Town
- Charles Town Knights Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Americas Best Value Inn of Charles Town, WV, located in eastern West Virginia. Charles Town is less than five miles from the Virginia and Maryland borders. This town was founded by Charles Washington, brother of George Washington, in 1780. Our hotel is conveniently located near the famous Harpers Ferry National Park where many great events took place, and one of the best local attractions to visit. We are within walking distance of the American Military University, Jefferson County Museum, and Jefferson Memorial Hospital. Improve your handicap by playing a round of golf at Locust Hill Golf Course. Local restaurants include Shu Chen Restaurant, Mediterranean Cafe, and Applebee's Neighborhood Grill.Our pet friendly hotel is the ideal place to stay when visiting historical Charles Town. Wake up and enjoy our free continental breakfast served daily, catch up on current events and local news while enjoying a cup of coffee in our seating area. Take advantage of our laundry facility. The Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races offers free pre-scheduled shuttle service available all day to our guests. Stay connected with wireless high-speed Internet access available in our lobby area and select rooms. A peaceful night awaits you in one of our well equipped guest room with amenities including a coffeemaker, satellite TV with HBO, radio, hairdryer, desk with lamp, table and chairs, and free wake-up service. A microwave and mini-fridge may be available upon request. At Americas Best Value Inn Charles Town, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn - Charles Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.