“Yum!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Baltimore, Maryland
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We found Alfredo's on restaurant.com and were sad to find upon arrival that the restaurant was no longer a participant. That was the ONLY disappointment of our visit.

We were greeted promptly and brought out an appetizer. At first bite, we knew we'd found a new favorite restaurant. It is evident that the food is fresh and made on site. Both our meals were delicious!

The decor is very fun and eclectic- we love small businesses that don't have that chain feel. It was comfortable and relaxed. We were the only ones there most of the time as it was July 4 and most of the town was shut down, so the owner was free to visit with us. We really enjoyed talking with him - very friendly!

We drive through Harper's Ferry when visiting family. This is a little past where we normally go, but we are determined to drive the extra few minutes for future visits and make this our "go-to" lunch spots on those days!

Visited July 2013

91% Recommend
California, Maryland
“Wonderful Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Don't be put off by the outside of the building because once inside the atmosphere was friendly and quite simply the food was delicious. Everything was fresh and tasty; shrimp that had the texture and taste of Greece - the salads crunchy and the hummus probably the best I have ever tasted. I have lived and traveled throughout the Mediterranean and the Middle East and I found this to provide an authentic experience. I just wish we lived nearer as this is the best meal we have had in a long long time.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Local Spot to Eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My family and I stopped in on to try a local restaurant and we enjoyed both of our meals. The owner of the restaurant, Alfredo, is very personable and made the experience great. The interior of the restaurant is very comfortable with rugs on the floor and pillows on the benches. The night we were there, a live guitarist was providing the music. The hummus and pita appetizer was excellent. I had the chicken and saffron rice dish which was incredibly flavorful and filling. My wife enjoyed the chicken parmesan. We would definitely eat here again if we come back through this area. It is a hidden gem in the hills of West Virginia!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Expected WAY more”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Given the Trip Advisor rating. Lamb skewers were tough and try. Will not be returning. Atmosphere was quite unique and no issues with service. The food however, did not pass muster

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Amherst, Virginia
“Expecting More”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I wanted to try a true Mediterranean restaurant for its gyro sandwich. The outside of the restaurant was a huge turn off when I pulled up. If it wasn't for the rave reviews on trip advisor i would not have even thought about going in. The inside of the restaurant was a little better but they had rugs on the floor that looked like they had not been cleaned in a while. The pita bread and humus appetizer was very good and the server was very nice a polite. I thought I was on a good start until I got my sandwich. I was very disappointed. I ordered a lamb gryo and instead of lamb slices it was sausage slices!! I could barely finish my meal because of the taste. It might be worth a second visit to order another item off of the menu.

• Visited May 2013