“Great place for gluten intolerant folks” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, Greek, Middle Eastern, Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Great place for gluten intolerant folks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Since my last review I have discovered that I am gluten intolerant. Going out to dinner has become more of an ordeal than a pleasure. Not only am I allergic to wheat, etc., I am also allergic to nightshade plants, which include tomatoes, potatoes, all forms of peppers, and eggplant. Alfredo went over my allergies with me tonight and advised me of what they could make for me. He was very understanding, patient and creative in his ideas. The dinner was absolutely delicious!!! LOVED this restaurant before, but love it even more now that I have such a problem dining out. Thank you Alfredo for such a lovely meal!!! Linda & Rich

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

91% Recommend
“great Sunday lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Had a great Sunday lunch. Our waitress was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and her recommendations hit the spot. I had the lamb kabobs and were cooked to perfection.
When we go back to Charles Town, this will be the first place we go for a meal.

Visited May 2013
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“First time - will return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

First time visit to this restaurant and first time eating Mediterranean Food. I can be a picky eater, but want to branch out. The food was delicious. Best hummas I've ever had. Alfredo (owner) is so thoughtful and caring and provides great service to his customers.

Visited May 2013
Mount Airy, MD
“We Had A Great Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Just spent the night in Charles Town and came here based on the recommendations on this site. First off we did not know it was BYOB. We really wanted a glass of wine as we were on vacation so we went across the street to the wine store. Sign on the front said "Closed early. Been here since 10 and I"m tired. I'm going home to garden" Kate. Even though I was disappointed I loved the note and the reason we love Charles Town.

So we go back, explain our disappointment to the waiter, and he proceeds to give us a bottle of wine. He was given it a while back and does not drink. How great is that, another reason to love Charles Town.

OK on to the food. First off the complimentary appetizer of humus, cheese, and a tomato relish with pita was great. Then the entrees arrived. Wife got a pasta dish with sun dried tomatoes that was great. I ordered the eggplant and beef stew over rice. When it arrived it did not look like much and I was regretting my decision. But halfway through I had changed my mind. Both dishes were excellent and even with the Sprite I ordered the bill came to like $26.
Great bargain and an unexpected surprise in a small town like this.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great food & Relaxed Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I were visiting Charles Town for a nice weekend away at the Carriage inn. The owners of the Inn, Donn and Marie, highly recommended this restaurant. So we gave it a try for dinner one night. It was just what we were looking for: authentic cuisine, friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere and last but not least, great food! The hummus is amazing and the tomato salad that comes with it is just as good. The falafel is seasoned perfectly with cilantro and parsley and the baklava is the perfect ending to a great dinner! An added bonus was a nice conversation with the owner on the history of the restaurant and future hopes for the place. We certainly wish him the best and will definitely return next time we are in town!

• Visited April 2013