“Go there!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Winchester, Virginia
“Go there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have been wanting to eat here for a long time, and I finally did. It exceeded my expectations! The hummus and pita bread plate was delicious, and the perfect amount of appetizer for 2 people. I had the mediterranean pasta, and my boyfriend had chicken cacciatore. They were both wonderful, and so was the limoncello cake. If that wasn't enough, we had a very attentive and friendly server. We will be coming back :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Greenville, North Carolina, United States
“great lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I just has lunch there and the Chicken Kabob was very good. Lots of places bring out a tea bag with some hot water but when I ordered hot tea, it came out as hot tea and was very satisfying.
I am told that dinner is quite good ( group of about 12 women were having luch while I was there) and one of the ladies told me that dinner was quite good and that she had the restaurant cater some parties. When in Charles town, I suggest checking this place out......

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, United States
“Awesome Place for Kabobs and more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife had their chicken marsala and let me tell she will probably get it every time we come back . . . it was fabulous. And my lamb kabobs were tender, juicy and out of this world. Our meal came with this great starter plate that had some of the best humus I had ever had. They do it right at the Mediterranean Cafe. Keep up the great work and we will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“A little bit of Marakesh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a favorite...Low, comfortable benches,...Middle Eastern music, the best home-made hummous, grape leaves and babba ganoush anywhere. The salads are so fresh,it seems like the enzymes are jumping off the plate...And the grilled beef and lamb kabobs are divine. You are allowed to bring your own wine,without a corking fee. The owner, Alfredo, is a consciencious host as well as (one of ) the chefs. I took a very finnicky friend here for lunch, and he can't wait to go back. Another great thing: It's open all afternoon, so you can stop by at 3 or 4 pm, for a bakklava with tea or a late lunch, and you will get Alfred's kind, thoughtful service throughout.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice local Mediterranean fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Flavorful, moderately priced Med food. We only had the Lebanese type dishes, so I can't speak to the Italian. The dishes were perfectly seasoned, and the hummus was especially tasty in the olive/hummus and pita bread you're started off with. I will say the lamb was overcooked on both dishes, so there's room for improvement, but overall I really enjoyed my meal. And the decor def could use some help as some people mentioned - as with most other places around the area. I just don't think the profit margins are high enough for most of these establishments to pay for pricey, modern renovations to decor. But the food was solid, the owner was super nice, and we'll certainly return if we're back in the area.

Visited January 2013