“Nice local Mediterranean fare” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 50 restaurants in Charles Town
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice local Mediterranean fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Flavorful, moderately priced Med food. We only had the Lebanese type dishes, so I can't speak to the Italian. The dishes were perfectly seasoned, and the hummus was especially tasty in the olive/hummus and pita bread you're started off with. I will say the lamb was overcooked on both dishes, so there's room for improvement, but overall I really enjoyed my meal. And the decor def could use some help as some people mentioned - as with most other places around the area. I just don't think the profit margins are high enough for most of these establishments to pay for pricey, modern renovations to decor. But the food was solid, the owner was super nice, and we'll certainly return if we're back in the area.

Visited January 2013

91% Recommend
Mc Lean
“I LOVE this restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I had lunch there with family and as a first time visitor, I was impressed. It is a cozy restaurant with booths and tables, with Mediterranean eclectic decor. In addition to Med food, they have Greek and Italian dishes, but we saw no need to stray to that. They bring a complimentary plate of hummus, pita, olives, etc. to the table which was fresh, and delicious. We had a wonderful salad w/ lamb kabob, limoncello cake and baklava- all were fantastic! Until they get their liquor license, you can bring in your own bottle of wine (or go across the street to the wine and cheese shop and get one w/10% discount) to accompany your meal-a very nice bonus!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Food is so good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I love the atmosphere of this place and the food is SO delicious! Definitely consider this place if you are looking for something different and relaxing.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Westminster, Maryland
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The menu has a variety of choices, which makes it easy for everybody to find something they like. Food tasted amazing and we will definitely eat there again.The owner was very friendly and helpful!

Visited November 2012
Crozier, Virginia
“Food was Better than the Restaurant's Appearance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I will start off by saying that I would have never entered this place if it weren't for the rave reviews. The outside is creepy and the inside is too...dirty rugs and the general appearance was not clean. The complimentary pita bread and hummus was absolutely wonderful. We were so put off by the exterior and interior of the restaurant, that we only ordered a Greek salad to share. The owner would have an extremely wonderful place if he were to update the restaurant and make it look a lot more clean and polished. What a disappointment that we would not return because of that reason alone.

• Visited November 2012