“Perfect stop over place.” 4 of 5 stars

The Inn at Charles Town
100 Hollywood Drive, Charles Town, WV 25414   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Charles Town
Charleston, West Virginia
“Perfect stop over place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

I was passing through the area on business and stopped in to see if they had any vacancies. They did and I received a great room overlooking the track. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very pleasant. The breakfast was above normal for most hotels. The only drawback was when I went to my room, it was very hot, 76 degrees, so I lowered the thermostat before leaving to get dinner. When I returned later that evening, the room was still hot. They have sensors to determine if someone is in the room or not and controls the AC. I understand the reasoning for this, but at least have the room semi cool when a guest arrives. I would recommend this hotel and would stay again!

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Brett S, Manager at The Inn at Charles Town, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Mike F.,

Thank you for choosing The Inn at Charles Town. I am pleased that you shared your feedback from your stay. Each hotel room has a thermostat sensor which operates when the rooms are occupied. I understand your concerns and will have our engineering department look into ways to maintain the temperature comfort level, while following the hotel's Green standards.

We look forward to exceeding your Red Carpet Customer Service needs during your next getaway to the Inn at Charles Town!

Warmest regards,

Brett Sullivan | Director of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

While not interested in gaming, we wanted a place close to Harper's Ferry that could accommodate a family staying in one room, as b & b's are the choice there. The Inn at Charles Town is reasonably close, and we enjoyed our stay. With a casino next door, we anticipated hearing noise late at night, but were pleasantly surprised by the quietness of our floor and the hotel in general. Our room was larger than expected with excellent comfortable beds, nice linens, and a spotless bathroom. Breakfast was very nice, and a notch above the usual included hot breakfast. Staff was very helpful in recommending non-gaming things to do, and restaurants off property.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear TUFish,

Thank you for choosing The Inn at Charles Town and for your kind feedback. The Inn at Charles Town strives to provide excellent care and Red Carpet Customer Service to each and every guest. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Warmest regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Very decent hotel; nice room, comfortable bed and pillows. Carpet in hallway had a few stains, but chocked up to wear. Front Desk staff friendly and plenty of parking. Hotel located in walking distance of the casino, but has 24 hour shuttle to the Casino and raceway. Nice buffet breakfast with real bacon. Sheetz gas station next door, Ruby Tuesday and other businesses nearby, including a WalMart. Only 90 mins from Washington, DC area. We would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Brett S, Manager at The Inn at Charles Town, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Levonnia M.,

We sincerely appreciate your helpful and insightful feedback, and are glad that you found the room, bedding, and breakfast buffet to your liking. Since your stay, I am happy to let you know that all of our hallway and lobby carpeting has undergone its routine deep-shampooing, thank you for not minding while our floors were in transition! Thank you for commenting on The Inn at Charles Town’s prime proximity to other locations and businesses in the Charles Town and tri-state area. Our convenient place in the eastern Panhandle of West Virginia allows us to provide the best of the urban Hollywood glam with the relaxation and hospitality of a small town. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at The Inn At Charles Town and upgraded to a room overlooking the horse track... Well worth the few dollars more! The room was very clean and fairly standard sized for a room with two Queen beds. The TV was oversized and the bathroom very large and nicely appointed. The bath ammentities were excellent! (I LOVED them!) The hotel offers a free shuttle to the Casino and we were happily surprised to find non-smoking areas within the Casino. All in all a great experience.....

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jodi H.,

Thank you for sharing your hotel experience! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your trackside accommodations, many people express to us how much they like having that feature available and we are glad we are able to provide it. The Inn always tries to provide our guests with the best and most comfortable amenities, and we are overjoyed that our room and bath conveniences were notable enough to deserve your praise. We cannot wait to have you stay again with us, and invite you to return soon!

Mechanicsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed there Thursday through Saturday June 26-28,2014. Had a great room king size bed 42in. TV refrigerator and free breakfast. They even have shuttle to casino that runs 24hours! Very clean rooms and friendly staff made it a great time!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Brett S, Manager at The Inn at Charles Town, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Tim S,

You are always family when you stay with us! It is very heartwarming to hear that we make you feel at home. Thank you for your comments on our feature amenities; we are always glad when we are able to provide relaxing and convenient services for you during your stay. Actually, we’ve recently refurnished and redecorated our third and fourth floors to provide a more modern and comfortable experience for all of our guests, a true home away from home! Your kind feedback is greatly appreciated! We hope to have you home with us again soon!

Crozet, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We have been here several times in recent years and are always pleased with everything and everyone here. We had not had any complaints. We look forward to visiting again soon. We feel safe and secure. The hotel and landscaping are pretty and it is just a nice place. Breakfast is nice and the ladies work to keep everything replenished and clean. The front desk folks are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice and the folks working with them are so pleasant and do an outstanding job. There are always lots of guests and I've never seen any of they upset about anything either.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
June S,

Thank you so much for your kindhearted and generous compliments! We appreciate your feedback! It is our greatest pleasure to provide you with an exceptional hotel experience. The safety and well-being of our guests is always our first priority, and we are delighted that you found it so praiseworthy. We are pleased that you found our staff to be so amiable and helpful, as we always strive to provide our signature Red-Carpet customer service to each and every guest, every visit. We look forward to having you stay with us again very soon!

McLean, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I am hoping that someone from the Hotel will contact me and provide a contact name of the management. I have stayed at this Hotel about 7-10 times and enjoyed my stay each time. No issues...until yesterday 6/17 at check in. Here's what happened. The time I stayed there before which was about a week ago I asked if I could bypass the (credit card) charge and just pay a cash deposit of $100. They said no problem....<<<Important to remember. I paid the deposit and had a great time. No issues. Checked out and received my $100 back that next morning which is much more convenient than giving the credit card which takes about 1 week to get reimbursed. OK, moving along. Yesterday I checked in and as they normally do they asked for a credit card. I said I prefer to pay the $100 deposit in cash as I did last time. This is when everything went to hell. Julie I believe her name was who I was not dealing with said that the $100 is a ONE TIME deal. I said last time I came in no one said anything that would lead me to believe this is a one time deal. Then the attitude starting coming out with her. I said, how am I as the customer to know that this was a ONE TIME deal. I pointed out that on the receipt I had from the cash deposit that there is NOTHING that says this is a one time only method to pay the deposit. She then said which really flamed the fire. "We just checked on the computer and it says it on there" as if I have access to that. I pointed out and said..."How am I as the customer to know what is on your screen or computer". She said nothing. I asked if she could at least acknowledge that there is no way I would have known that understanding that no one told me, there was NOTHING in writing and then I looked her in the eye and said, you really don't care do you. She smurked and said I have been here for 5 years and do care. Bottom line is that I was treated like an idiot. I had to drive to the bank to deposit money in it to allow the card to be covered. I was so tempted to just walk out but I will never go back but I had driven so far. If I was the manager I would have fired her on the spot by the way she was treating me. I have never dealt with her in the past thankfully. Everyone else I have dealt with there was pleasant very nice. She was a terrible representative and unfortunately this will cost the hotel and casino which I have visited even before it became a Casino thousands of dollars. Until I get an apology from her belittling me and treating like some idiot I will never go back or recommend this place at all. Sorry. So, if you want to give them a cash deposit which I would think would be easier, forget about it. Not worth the hassle they give you.

Room Tip: I usually get a room by the elevator but I've enjoyed any room I have been given. You can watch...