“Great Service, Clean and Right Next to Hollywood Casino” 4 of 5 stars

The Inn at Charles Town
100 Hollywood Drive, Charles Town, WV 25414   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Charles Town
MA
“Great Service, Clean and Right Next to Hollywood Casino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

room was very clean, fresh linens each day, bed was comfy. thought the hotel was connected to the casino. It is not but nice there is a shuttle service to and from the casino. complimentary breakfast was good.. would stay again. only negative it didn't have a pool.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Brett S, Manager at The Inn at Charles Town, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
surfingatwork,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are very happy to hear about your pleasant stay. We look forward to providing Red Carpet Cutomer Service during your next getaway to the Inn at Charles Town!

Brett Sullivan | Director of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Chester, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed here a couple weeks ago... The first room was on a lower floor and when we entered the room I noticed it had not been properly cleaned (hair on bathroom floor and toothpaste still in sink) There was also a used towel on the floor... Ok no big deal, I went back downstairs and explained the situation they must have thought the room had been cleaned, but the front desk lady was not very nice... instead the house keeping manager moved us to a room on the 4th floor which was more updated and a nicer room... Overall an okay hotel... The next morning was a breakfast bar..but it was just okay.. nothing super special and somewhat boring.. Overdone eggs, and some bacon, yogurt, toast and juice... Would I go back to this hotel if ever back in Charles Town... um probably not.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Pjtime,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our entire staff strives to provide Red Carpet Customer Service to all of our guests and we are sorry to hear that we did not do so. Please be assured that have taken your feedback to help improve the areas that you expressed in your review. Please contact me directly if you would reconsider staying with us again.

Hagerstown, Maryland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Considering this is the most expensive hotel in Charles town, I expected more. Overall the room was clean. Fresh linens. The mattress was horrible. Found leftover hair from previois guest in shower. Could tell it was cleaned but shower design requires a bit of extra work. Definitely expected better for the cost. Breakfast was what you would expect for free, however I've had better at other chains. I realize you are paying for location(right next to casino) but I was disappointed. Would not stay again. Will save the money and stay at another chain within minutes too. The staff was friendly.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Brett S, Director of Hotel Operations at The Inn at Charles Town, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Julie D,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We sincerely apologize if you were at all dissatisfied with our accommodations. Our entire staff strives to provide Red Carpet Customer Service to all of our guests and we are sorry to hear that we failed to do so. We can only hope that you and your family would consider staying with us again in the future so that we may improve upon your impression of our hotel. Thank you again for sharing your comments

Mont Alto, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

This trip we visited for my husband's birthday. We have stayed in the past as well and the staff is always very friendly. This time we stayed in the Junior Suite. It was very spacious. The rooms and common areas are always very clean. Free breakfast buffet was filling. Free shuttle to casino was convenient and runs pretty frequently. We will definitely stay again as we are already planning a return trip in the spring.

• Stayed November 2013
martinsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

went with my friend and her mother. there is 10 year span for each of us. oldest used a walker and her first trip to a casino (which was the purpose of trip).
hotel was very pretty and nice. buffet breakfast not excellent. eggs not good.
we rode bus to casino and back. most people were there for the casino.
rooms at hotel were very nice.toiletries basically good, except shampoo, etc were in the thin hard bottles which are hard to get out.
I would go back again. it was sept. and great weather and pretty.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
warsaw
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Everything was great for this type of hotel. We got a trackside room and were able to watch the horse races each night from our room and had the opportunity to see them exercising in the morning. We stayed there to go to Harpers Ferry and we are really not interested in gambling. We did have dinner at the casino by using the shuttle bus to get there. The shuttle bus ride and the dinner were great. Wish on the Trip Advisor site they had a real picture of the hotel. Also, the starting prices for the hotel are over $100 higher than what we paid for our room.

Room Tip: Choose a trackside room for a view of the horses.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I arrived there at the Inn at Charlestown to stay for our wedding anniversary, expecting to have a great time and add to our memories. Upon arrival, things were not as we anticipated. We visited the casino and were further
disappointed. All that resulted in our checking out the next morning earlier than we had planned. Once back home I called and made my issues known. To my surprise !!!!!!!!!!!!! I was called back by the VP to address my concerns ( HOW AWESOME) we spoke in detail and he assured me all issues would be dealt with in an expedient manner. I think that says so much about this company. I had what I would consider "general" issues and my point was only to advise them they have always given 7star service across the board and when it fell a notch or two, it needed to be spoken on, by long standing patrons. I indeed did not think that my little issues would make the BIG DOGS ears perk up and take notice. That said, I am very impressed, that ANY ISSUES the customer has are handled in a professional, timely & business manner. Thank you for hearing me out In full, I did not have a complaint or grievance, just some good feedback from the customer's perspective. My wife and I are know making plans to go back as soon as time permits. We encourage other readers to spend their money at the Inn at Charlestown with confidence !!!!

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the horse track they are very panoramic.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn at Charles Town? Share your experiences!