“Very Clean...Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Charles Town
Mont Alto, Pennsylvania
“Very Clean...Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

This trip we visited for my husband's birthday. We have stayed in the past as well and the staff is always very friendly. This time we stayed in the Junior Suite. It was very spacious. The rooms and common areas are always very clean. Free breakfast buffet was filling. Free shuttle to casino was convenient and runs pretty frequently. We will definitely stay again as we are already planning a return trip in the spring.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
martinsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

went with my friend and her mother. there is 10 year span for each of us. oldest used a walker and her first trip to a casino (which was the purpose of trip).
hotel was very pretty and nice. buffet breakfast not excellent. eggs not good.
we rode bus to casino and back. most people were there for the casino.
rooms at hotel were very nice.toiletries basically good, except shampoo, etc were in the thin hard bottles which are hard to get out.
I would go back again. it was sept. and great weather and pretty.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
warsaw
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Everything was great for this type of hotel. We got a trackside room and were able to watch the horse races each night from our room and had the opportunity to see them exercising in the morning. We stayed there to go to Harpers Ferry and we are really not interested in gambling. We did have dinner at the casino by using the shuttle bus to get there. The shuttle bus ride and the dinner were great. Wish on the Trip Advisor site they had a real picture of the hotel. Also, the starting prices for the hotel are over $100 higher than what we paid for our room.

Room Tip: Choose a trackside room for a view of the horses.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I arrived there at the Inn at Charlestown to stay for our wedding anniversary, expecting to have a great time and add to our memories. Upon arrival, things were not as we anticipated. We visited the casino and were further
disappointed. All that resulted in our checking out the next morning earlier than we had planned. Once back home I called and made my issues known. To my surprise !!!!!!!!!!!!! I was called back by the VP to address my concerns ( HOW AWESOME) we spoke in detail and he assured me all issues would be dealt with in an expedient manner. I think that says so much about this company. I had what I would consider "general" issues and my point was only to advise them they have always given 7star service across the board and when it fell a notch or two, it needed to be spoken on, by long standing patrons. I indeed did not think that my little issues would make the BIG DOGS ears perk up and take notice. That said, I am very impressed, that ANY ISSUES the customer has are handled in a professional, timely & business manner. Thank you for hearing me out In full, I did not have a complaint or grievance, just some good feedback from the customer's perspective. My wife and I are know making plans to go back as soon as time permits. We encourage other readers to spend their money at the Inn at Charlestown with confidence !!!!

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the horse track they are very panoramic.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
King George, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The hotel amenities and room were clean and well maintained. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area, casino and race track. The hotel offers a free shuttle to the casino and race track. It was timely (every 15 minutes), clean and friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed here couple of days to go to harpers ferry and to racetrack. Employees was very pleasant and helpful. Shuttle to racetrack and back. Rooms was nice and clean. You can see horse races from rooms. Bed was comfortable. Free breakfast. Really can't say anything bad

• Stayed July 2013
Fairfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was a very good Days Inn. Staff was very nice and the room was clean and comfortable. I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend it to friends and family. Good location, close to Harpers Ferry and other historic sites.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Inn at Charles Town? Share your experiences!