1. Front Desk: The front desk people are friendly and flexible. We stayed for 6 days. They let me extend the 1100 check out for one hour with no fuss.
2. Wi-Fi: Unlike other motels, the free wi-fi had excellent bandwidth. I was able to watch youtube and MLB games with no buffering interruptions. The Wi Fi was down for maintenance only once.
3. Free Breakfast: It is great- considering it is free. Scrambled eggs of two sorts, sometimes bacon. Delicious yogurt and pastries. The free food frees your money up so you can spend it on gambling and dinner at the casino. However, the breakfast room is often overcrowded. There are lots of corpulent people taking up room and getting multiple plates they do not need. There is a nice patio for sitting outside, but there are lots of bugs, I think, because you are right next to the horses at the track. There is HD TV, unfortunately they play those dopey crybaby morning news shows. How about 2 TVs, one with sports on it? Maybe they don't people to hang around the breakfast room for too long.
4. Kids: Don't bring them. There is nothing for them to do. There is no arcade and you cannot bring them on the gaming floor even just to get to a restaurant.
5. Shuttle is reliable but it gets old. There ought to be a walkway to the casino. There is no way to walk there safely even though the casino cannot be even 1/4 mile away
6. Bathrooms: The toilets go whoosh and flush great. The Inn ignored the Eco Nazis and must have installed Colby-like crappers. The towels are thick and huge and the shower space is terrific. It is enclosed by a see-through glass door which makes you feel less shut in and, shall we say, on display for your room mate.
7. Beds: The bedding is so fluffy and comfy that I would fall asleep lying on it even if I was not tired.
8. Stairs and elevators: A little inconvenient. The stairs are located only all the way down at each end of building. The elevators tend to be a little slow because they are overused.
9. TV: Great quality HD TV, but the sports offerings are lame. There was a great Orioles-Yankee game going on, but the Inn did not provide the broadcast. It offered about 4 sports channels, but there was only tennis, WNBA, soccer and some other lame affair. But this is common to many motels. They mean well, but for some reason don't want to show current baseball games. To be fair, this Inn carried NFL Network, so you could see some good football reruns.
10. Fitness Room: Mediocre, but then you are not going on vacation to work out, are you? There are only 4 machines and it appears the Inn has adjusted these machines so that you won't work out too hard. I can't blame them. They don't want anyone croaking of a heart attack on them. If you want to get some exercise, I suggest you go to the nearby park on Mildred Street. It is only 1 1/2 miles away and it has a wonderful walking path.
11. Area Attractions: To take a brief break from gaming, we went to a great Farmer's Market downtown. They had tasty local fruit, honey, plants, and baked goods. There is also, of course, Harper's Ferry. Downtown Charles Town always seems to have something interesting going on.
12. Housekeeping: Housekeeping ladies are very sweet and reliable. If we left a tag on the door asking for service, we always got it. We left them a nice tip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Charles Town features 153 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites with fantastic views of the backstretch of the Thoroughbred Racing Track. A hot complimentary breakfast buffet is served daily for all hotel guests. A state of the art fitness room is provided along with lavish lobby bar, guest business center and guest laundry facility. Wireless internet access is available for all guest accommodations, lobby, and meeting rooms. The guest accommodations are where the pampering begins. Luxurious bedding, plush terry, granite counters and 42 flat panel televisions are featured in every room and suite. Of course, standard amenities like in room coffee, iron and ironing board and hair dryers are featured in every room. Executive and VIP Suites offer additional features such as refrigerators, pull out sofa beds, vanity make up mirrors, rich and comfortable bathrobes, and upgraded bath amenities. A complimentary shuttle service takes you to the racetrack, casino action and to any of the nine restaurant options at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your The Inn at Charles Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Charles Town Hotel Charles Town
- Hotel Charles Town