“Overpriced. Beyond belief.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Charles Town
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Overpriced. Beyond belief.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were led to believe this was a hotel attached to a nice casino. My boyfriend and I went to meet my parents there because it was in between their place in Ohio and our places in Virginia. The room was $256 for one night on the first floor overlooking a parking lot. So disappointing. Stay at the Hampton or somewhere else nearby as they are as close.

It isn't attached (not even close) to the the casino or race track in Charles Town. You have to wait for a shuttle to go to and from (at least a fifteen minute wait each way). Really ridiculous. The breakfast buffet was a joke. No view, nothing. The bed was comfortable, so two points for that. Awesome front staff, have to say. Otherwise, forget it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Port Republic, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I went to Charles Town WV for our anniversary weekend. We booked a King room with the race track view. The room was clean, bed was comfy, the staff was nice, and we had a wonderful view of the race track. They offer free hot breakfast in the morning that consisted of sausage, eggs, potatoes, cereal, fruit, pastries, coffee, tea, etc. We did check in early (12:30), but our room wasn't ready.......that was fine with us, we just headed over to the casino!!! Overall, this is a great hotel to stay at and I would recommend it to anyone.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I spent this past Saturday night at The Inn. We have stayed there many times and it never disappoints us. The service was fantastic, check in was so easy, the room was ready when we arrived before 2:00 PM and it was beautiful, the bed was very comfortable. AC worked really well. We had an amazing view of the race track.Their landscaping is the prettiest I have seen in a long time. We had lots of fun at the casino, lost a little, won a little. Anxious to go back soon.

Belcamp, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

For my first trip to W. VA, I decided to stay at The Inn at Charles Town and I was not disappointed. I picked this hotel because my husband and I wanted to do a little gambling, and I knew this was the closest hotel. I was pleasantly surprised upon arriving as the word "Inn" typically has negative connotations with it. I'd consider this to be among the ranks of certain Marriott brand hotels as far as decor, bed comfort, amenities and overall atmosphere. Everything exceeded my expectations.
They offer a shuttle bus to and from the casino every 15 minutes, which is convenient on rainy/snowy days. Breakfast is included in your rate and this had to be one of the best hotel breakfast's I've ever had. This was more of a buffet type of breakfast rather than the continental style that most hotels offer.

King George, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

What a great getaway. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. They serve a great hot breakfast. The room was extremely quite. The staff was great.The shuttle service ran every ten to fifteen minutes. Just a Great Weekend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Beltsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I always stay here whenever I need a place to lay my head after a night of gambling. The beds are extremely comfortable and the rooms are so relaxing. Everything is new updated. They serve continental breakfast in the mornings which is pleasing to the palate. They also have a free shuttle bus that runs every 10-15 minutes, around the clock that takes you to the casino. Since I have a Hollywood Rewards card they usually send me coupons I can use towards hotel stays.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Pasadena, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed overnight in the Executive Suite...it was a bit pricey, but very nice accommodations. The living area was large, the bed was comfortable, all toiletries were provided in a nicely appointed bathroom with large shower. We enjoyed watching several evening races from our balcony. Unfortunately, we woke up too late to comment on the breakfast buffet, but overall it's a quiet and clean Hotel. We didn't use the shuttle service. We found it just as convenient to take our car to the casino and park in the garage there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn at Charles Town? Share your experiences!