“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Charles Town
Belcamp, Maryland
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

For my first trip to W. VA, I decided to stay at The Inn at Charles Town and I was not disappointed. I picked this hotel because my husband and I wanted to do a little gambling, and I knew this was the closest hotel. I was pleasantly surprised upon arriving as the word "Inn" typically has negative connotations with it. I'd consider this to be among the ranks of certain Marriott brand hotels as far as decor, bed comfort, amenities and overall atmosphere. Everything exceeded my expectations.
They offer a shuttle bus to and from the casino every 15 minutes, which is convenient on rainy/snowy days. Breakfast is included in your rate and this had to be one of the best hotel breakfast's I've ever had. This was more of a buffet type of breakfast rather than the continental style that most hotels offer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
King George, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

What a great getaway. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. They serve a great hot breakfast. The room was extremely quite. The staff was great.The shuttle service ran every ten to fifteen minutes. Just a Great Weekend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Beltsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I always stay here whenever I need a place to lay my head after a night of gambling. The beds are extremely comfortable and the rooms are so relaxing. Everything is new updated. They serve continental breakfast in the mornings which is pleasing to the palate. They also have a free shuttle bus that runs every 10-15 minutes, around the clock that takes you to the casino. Since I have a Hollywood Rewards card they usually send me coupons I can use towards hotel stays.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Pasadena, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed overnight in the Executive Suite...it was a bit pricey, but very nice accommodations. The living area was large, the bed was comfortable, all toiletries were provided in a nicely appointed bathroom with large shower. We enjoyed watching several evening races from our balcony. Unfortunately, we woke up too late to comment on the breakfast buffet, but overall it's a quiet and clean Hotel. We didn't use the shuttle service. We found it just as convenient to take our car to the casino and park in the garage there.

Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I brought my husband here for his 50th birthday. We stayed in one of the suites overlooking the race track. The room was spacious, clean, and neat. I am glad we stayed in this room because we enjoyed watching the races from the comfort of our room. The shuttle service to the casino was convenient and ran on a regular basis. My only suggestion would be to go early for the free buffet breakfast. The crowd is heavy at 9:00 am and seating is limited. Otherwise, we will be back.

Room Tip: The suites overlooking the race track.
Haymarket, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went to Charles Town on 02/15/2013 for a one night trip for some gambling. Stayed at the Inn at Charles Town and was pleasantly surprised by how nice it was. We stayed in an Executive Suite (it was the only room available) which was a 2 room suite. The 2nd room does not have a door though and pull out couch is the worst thing ever. The mattress was 4 inches thick, maybe and all you could feel was coils. No one could sleep on that!! I called down to see if our friends could get another room as they could not sleep on that as planned but no rooms available. The room overlooked the race track, nice but lights are very bright and stay on late and shine in your room. We were not in room much so not really an issue. They warmed the horses up in the morning, so that was kind of cool to watch. Great free breakfast in the morning. Bought cokes from the front desk and they were regular prices, could not believe it. No smoking in any of the balcony rooms or suites...I don't get this at all. Who cares if you smoke on the balcony??!! They have smoking rooms in the hotel so why not allow smoking on the balcony? Room was $330, pricey for West Virginia in my opinion. But it was a very nice room and I would stay there again! Shuttle runs to casino 24 hours a day, its only a 2 minute trip and runs constantly so not much waiting. Great experience overall and can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Northern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife had received coupons as part of a promotion from the Hollywood Casinos. We decided to take them up on the offer of a free night. It was just a quick getaway to change the scenery. The hotel is nothing special from the outside. Inside it is very modern, very clean, and inviting. We found the desk clerks to be very pleasant and helpful. They demonstrated great attitudes and a willingness to be useful. We were very blessed to be upgraded to a suite. We found the room to be clean and spacious. We loved the Keurig coffee makers in the room as good coffee in the morning is a must for me. The beds were very comfortable. I even enjoyed the pillows, though be warned--they are feather pillows. Our side faced the racetrack. It was fun to watch the beautiful horses as they trained in the morning. The breakfast buffet is simple yet just fine for what is needed. I have seen more variety at say a Fairfield Inn or Residence Inn, but here you had the basics: mini cheese omelets, bacon, toast, sweet rolls, cereal, juice, coffee and tea. It was tasty and got you going in the morning. They have a shuttle that runs back and forth to the casino; we did not use it but observed plenty of others doing so. As I mentioned in the title, it was one of the quietest hotels I have every enjoyed. Since the main function in a hotel room is sleeping, that makes all the difference in the world. And oh yes, the wifi is free. I know the larger chains make money off the daily wifi charge. They should smarten up and give it away. It's the cherry on top of the ice cream for me. We liked the hotel so much, we have already planned another weekend escape for March. One more thing: the room had a Bose CD player, so be prepared with your favorite CD's for some mood music.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn at Charles Town? Share your experiences!