“Comfortable beds and good breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

The Inn at Charles Town
100 Hollywood Drive, Charles Town, WV 25414   |
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Charles Town
Beltsville
“Comfortable beds and good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I always stay here whenever I need a place to lay my head after a night of gambling. The beds are extremely comfortable and the rooms are so relaxing. Everything is new updated. They serve continental breakfast in the mornings which is pleasing to the palate. They also have a free shuttle bus that runs every 10-15 minutes, around the clock that takes you to the casino. Since I have a Hollywood Rewards card they usually send me coupons I can use towards hotel stays.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Pasadena, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed overnight in the Executive Suite...it was a bit pricey, but very nice accommodations. The living area was large, the bed was comfortable, all toiletries were provided in a nicely appointed bathroom with large shower. We enjoyed watching several evening races from our balcony. Unfortunately, we woke up too late to comment on the breakfast buffet, but overall it's a quiet and clean Hotel. We didn't use the shuttle service. We found it just as convenient to take our car to the casino and park in the garage there.

Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I brought my husband here for his 50th birthday. We stayed in one of the suites overlooking the race track. The room was spacious, clean, and neat. I am glad we stayed in this room because we enjoyed watching the races from the comfort of our room. The shuttle service to the casino was convenient and ran on a regular basis. My only suggestion would be to go early for the free buffet breakfast. The crowd is heavy at 9:00 am and seating is limited. Otherwise, we will be back.

Room Tip: The suites overlooking the race track.
Haymarket, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went to Charles Town on 02/15/2013 for a one night trip for some gambling. Stayed at the Inn at Charles Town and was pleasantly surprised by how nice it was. We stayed in an Executive Suite (it was the only room available) which was a 2 room suite. The 2nd room does not have a door though and pull out couch is the worst thing ever. The mattress was 4 inches thick, maybe and all you could feel was coils. No one could sleep on that!! I called down to see if our friends could get another room as they could not sleep on that as planned but no rooms available. The room overlooked the race track, nice but lights are very bright and stay on late and shine in your room. We were not in room much so not really an issue. They warmed the horses up in the morning, so that was kind of cool to watch. Great free breakfast in the morning. Bought cokes from the front desk and they were regular prices, could not believe it. No smoking in any of the balcony rooms or suites...I don't get this at all. Who cares if you smoke on the balcony??!! They have smoking rooms in the hotel so why not allow smoking on the balcony? Room was $330, pricey for West Virginia in my opinion. But it was a very nice room and I would stay there again! Shuttle runs to casino 24 hours a day, its only a 2 minute trip and runs constantly so not much waiting. Great experience overall and can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Northern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife had received coupons as part of a promotion from the Hollywood Casinos. We decided to take them up on the offer of a free night. It was just a quick getaway to change the scenery. The hotel is nothing special from the outside. Inside it is very modern, very clean, and inviting. We found the desk clerks to be very pleasant and helpful. They demonstrated great attitudes and a willingness to be useful. We were very blessed to be upgraded to a suite. We found the room to be clean and spacious. We loved the Keurig coffee makers in the room as good coffee in the morning is a must for me. The beds were very comfortable. I even enjoyed the pillows, though be warned--they are feather pillows. Our side faced the racetrack. It was fun to watch the beautiful horses as they trained in the morning. The breakfast buffet is simple yet just fine for what is needed. I have seen more variety at say a Fairfield Inn or Residence Inn, but here you had the basics: mini cheese omelets, bacon, toast, sweet rolls, cereal, juice, coffee and tea. It was tasty and got you going in the morning. They have a shuttle that runs back and forth to the casino; we did not use it but observed plenty of others doing so. As I mentioned in the title, it was one of the quietest hotels I have every enjoyed. Since the main function in a hotel room is sleeping, that makes all the difference in the world. And oh yes, the wifi is free. I know the larger chains make money off the daily wifi charge. They should smarten up and give it away. It's the cherry on top of the ice cream for me. We liked the hotel so much, we have already planned another weekend escape for March. One more thing: the room had a Bose CD player, so be prepared with your favorite CD's for some mood music.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed in a room overlooking the racetrack. We stayed there to bring in the New Year. The rooms are clean and quiet. My husband loves the breakfast layout at the Inn. We discussed driving to the Hollywood Casino, but he decided to catch the shuttle bus to the casino instead. The rooms are as advertised, and there is a good selection of movies and shows on the TV. There's a small refrigerator in the rooms, that chills whatever you bring into the room very well. We had a King-sized bed and slept soundly during our stay. They serve breakfast from 6-10 a.m.. The casino is close enough to walk to when the weather allows.

Room Tip: There are elevators to make your stay a less tiring event.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

An amazing place. My husband and I are fond of the casino next door and once we became members there, we started getting coupons in the mail for a reduced or free night stay at the Inn At Charles Town. We were impressed with the hotel because we've stayed several other places in the area and they don't live up to this place. Very clean & comfortable rooms with updated bedding, furniture and amenities. The provided toiletries in the bathroom are top of the line. I really admire & appreciate their hand soap pumps to reduce the waste for the environment. The free breakfast is out of this world. Items like eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, bagels, pastries, yogurt, waffles, cereal, juice and the list goes on..... We will definately stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn at Charles Town? Share your experiences!