“Lovely accomodations and top notch service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Washington House Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charles Town
Washington House Inn
You added Washington House Inn to your Saves list
216 South George Street, Charles Town, WV 25414   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Charles Town B&B and Inns
elizabeth city, nc
“Lovely accomodations and top notch service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2006

I have stayed at numerous B&Bs throughout the country and this was one of my most enjoyable stays. I was impressed right away when I was told upon making our reservation that I could check in as early as I'd like since our room was vacant the previous evening.

I visited the inn with my mother and my daughter, who was on a break from college. We shared the Rose room which had a double bed, plus two twins so it was perfect for us. The room was large and had a very feminine, romantic ambiance. The bedding and feather pillows were heavenly and we appreciated the extra quilts that were on the quilt rack. The inn is beautifully furnished with Victorian antiques and has the original pine flooring throughout. It was very well maintained and spotless too!

We also appreciated the extra touches like complimentary sherry and cookies in the parlor, as well as bottled water, flowers, and candies in the room. They also had a basket of various cell phone chargers available (which is a great idea since I always forget to bring mine) and a guest refrigerator stocked with water and drinks. I did find it alittle odd though that the guest refrigerator had a basket on the top with a note requesting that you leave .50 per drink. Most inns I've visited offer a guest pantry or refrigerator with complimentary beverages.

Breakfast was quite an event. You can choose your breakfast time, which is great for those of us who enjoy sleeping in while on vacation. It's served on beautiful china by candlelight and consist of a fruit appetizer, warm muffins/pastries, an a hot entree. The first morning we had melon balls with a creamy pecan fruit sauce, blueberry muffins, egg souflee and bacon. The next morning we were served strawberries and banannas with orange sauce, pineapple muffins, cream cheese stuffed french toast with orange marmalade, and sausage. YUM! They even offered us seconds each morning but there was no way we could eat another bite. They also remembered that I joked when I arrived about drinking alot of sweet iced tea since I'm from North Carolina, so there was a pitcher of sweet tea with fresh mint leaves available for me each morning.

Nana is the innkeeper and she greeted us when we arrived and gave us a tour of the inn. We learned of the inn's history and she even allowed us to "snoop" in all the guest rooms that weren't occupied so we could see the decor. She was very warm and made us feel right at home from the moment we walked in. She gave us maps for the local area, as well as recommendations for shopping and dining. (Try the Mennonite bakery in Sharpsburg. The pies are excellent!) Her staff was very friendly and accomodating as well. They seem to truly care about the guests, as opposed to "just doing their job".

This was my mother's first experience with a bed and breakfast and she said she will never stay in a hotel again. I'm looking forward to returning with my husband and staying in the room with the whirlpool tub and fireplace. : )

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

1 review from our community

Been to Washington House Inn? Share your experiences!