I stayed here before and it wasn't too bad, bad enough but my friend and I got here later and we were tired. To make a long story short, the whole motel/motor lodge was horrible. Drunk people all over. The sign in the lobby said no refunds so we were stuck. The room smelled bad but we thought it was due to ""cleaning products""? Well it was mold. I have allergies. I slept with a sheet over my head so I was able to breath a little plus I took a pill to help me sleep. The bathroom tub water didn't drain. There was black mold all over the tub and shower walls. Couldn't walk shoeless or you would stick to the horrible carpet. Two teeny bars of soap, no shampoo, no hair dryer. The lights were so dim and the moths were beautiful!!!! The beds had ???clean sheets but it doesn't appear that the blanket or spread were changed in 20 years. Holes all over them. I went to the desk to ask for a map of the area and there were no maps or info of anything close by, not even Harpers Ferry. The Casino is across the street and there was no information on it and most of the ''stuff'' was about 1/2 hr. to 45 min. drive. I was told that this place had been there 40 years but it has seen better days. The place need major work, major ....this place needs to be torn down and rebuilt. I am also going to report my health concerns to the Dept. of Health in WVA. I've been home doing my wash and trying to breath right. My bags are outside till I can get bug spray. The value was ok but for what we got it should have been 20.00, from check in to check out we were there 18 hr. Spent 8 at the casino, 2 eating.
Never ever, ever, ever stay here as it is. 6/12.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.