“Disgusting-never stay here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Towne House Motor Lodge

Towne House Motor Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Charles Town
Towne House Motor Lodge
642 E Washington, off US Highway 340, Charles Town, WV 25414   |
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Charles Town
New Jersey
“Disgusting-never stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed here before and it wasn't too bad, bad enough but my friend and I got here later and we were tired. To make a long story short, the whole motel/motor lodge was horrible. Drunk people all over. The sign in the lobby said no refunds so we were stuck. The room smelled bad but we thought it was due to ""cleaning products""? Well it was mold. I have allergies. I slept with a sheet over my head so I was able to breath a little plus I took a pill to help me sleep. The bathroom tub water didn't drain. There was black mold all over the tub and shower walls. Couldn't walk shoeless or you would stick to the horrible carpet. Two teeny bars of soap, no shampoo, no hair dryer. The lights were so dim and the moths were beautiful!!!! The beds had ???clean sheets but it doesn't appear that the blanket or spread were changed in 20 years. Holes all over them. I went to the desk to ask for a map of the area and there were no maps or info of anything close by, not even Harpers Ferry. The Casino is across the street and there was no information on it and most of the ''stuff'' was about 1/2 hr. to 45 min. drive. I was told that this place had been there 40 years but it has seen better days. The place need major work, major ....this place needs to be torn down and rebuilt. I am also going to report my health concerns to the Dept. of Health in WVA. I've been home doing my wash and trying to breath right. My bags are outside till I can get bug spray. The value was ok but for what we got it should have been 20.00, from check in to check out we were there 18 hr. Spent 8 at the casino, 2 eating.

Room Tip: Never ever, ever, ever stay here as it is. 6/12.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Hampton, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Great Room for $50.00 bucks very close to casino, clean beds tv work ,shower had very hot water and clean. McDonalds next door if you want a snack. I would stay here again and will recoment to all my friends going to casino or race track. After checking prices at other motels it would be hard to beat this one.4/11/2012

Room Tip: Great room , very clean,good price , Hard to beat.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Hagerstown, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

We have stayed here several times because of the convenience from the casino and low rates however this past time I came home and broke out in bed bug bites!!! I've tried calling several times to report this to the manager and they conveniently never answer their phone. Just lost some regular customers. Will NEVER stay again!!!

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Manassas, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

For an extra 20 bucks, you can stay at the Q Inn up the road a ways! This place was the pits, The place was not clean, the sinks are rusted, and the shower/bath tub is a mess. The only thing keeping this place alive is the casino across the street and folks who don't know better!

Room Tip: For an extra 20 bucks, you can stay at the Q Inn up the road a ways!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
woodbridge
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Hello to all

I stayed there 2 nights. The don't use a credit card machine to swipe your card you have to write it down. I saw a charge for tunevouchers.com on my statement. I contacted them to warn them . I was advised there was no manager on duty . When I told the lady of the issue and that I needed to know how to contact the manager. She said didnt know when they would be in. When I challenged on her that she said theyd be in tomorrow but she didnt know what time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Tarpon Springs, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

The carpet is damp and stinks. The bathroom floor, wall, tub, glass tub doors and tub/shower caulking is moldy and stained. Look behind the bathroom door.. ugh. The sheets may be changed but the bedspreads are not... and they are funky and stained. The filter on the ac/heater has never been clened and is spewing out germs, dust and mold. Because it is one of very few accomodations near Charles Town Racino in Charles Town,WV they charge horrible rates... over $125 on weekends! Avoid this scummy nasty place or stay at your own (health) risk.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Concord, va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Have being staying here for over 5 yrs. on a very frequent basis. There is nothing wrong with this motel. Yes, it is a little outdated, but clean, safe and pleasant. The rooms in the row alongside the office seem to be a bit nicer. We have NEVER had a problem of any kind. In our 15 stays, it has been nothing but pleasant. It's upsetting to hear negative comments about this place, when we are so fond of it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Towne House Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!