“Ronnie, Hpt. Va.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Towne House Motor Lodge

Towne House Motor Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Charles Town
Towne House Motor Lodge
Save Saved
You added Towne House Motor Lodge to your Saves list
642 E Washington, off US Highway 340, Charles Town, WV 25414   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Charles Town
Hampton, Virginia, United States
“Ronnie, Hpt. Va.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Great Room for $50.00 bucks very close to casino, clean beds tv work ,shower had very hot water and clean. McDonalds next door if you want a snack. I would stay here again and will recoment to all my friends going to casino or race track. After checking prices at other motels it would be hard to beat this one.4/11/2012

Room Tip: Great room , very clean,good price , Hard to beat.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Hagerstown, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

We have stayed here several times because of the convenience from the casino and low rates however this past time I came home and broke out in bed bug bites!!! I've tried calling several times to report this to the manager and they conveniently never answer their phone. Just lost some regular customers. Will NEVER stay again!!!

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Manassas, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

For an extra 20 bucks, you can stay at the Q Inn up the road a ways! This place was the pits, The place was not clean, the sinks are rusted, and the shower/bath tub is a mess. The only thing keeping this place alive is the casino across the street and folks who don't know better!

Room Tip: For an extra 20 bucks, you can stay at the Q Inn up the road a ways!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
woodbridge
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Hello to all

I stayed there 2 nights. The don't use a credit card machine to swipe your card you have to write it down. I saw a charge for tunevouchers.com on my statement. I contacted them to warn them . I was advised there was no manager on duty . When I told the lady of the issue and that I needed to know how to contact the manager. She said didnt know when they would be in. When I challenged on her that she said theyd be in tomorrow but she didnt know what time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Tarpon Springs, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

The carpet is damp and stinks. The bathroom floor, wall, tub, glass tub doors and tub/shower caulking is moldy and stained. Look behind the bathroom door.. ugh. The sheets may be changed but the bedspreads are not... and they are funky and stained. The filter on the ac/heater has never been clened and is spewing out germs, dust and mold. Because it is one of very few accomodations near Charles Town Racino in Charles Town,WV they charge horrible rates... over $125 on weekends! Avoid this scummy nasty place or stay at your own (health) risk.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Concord, va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Have being staying here for over 5 yrs. on a very frequent basis. There is nothing wrong with this motel. Yes, it is a little outdated, but clean, safe and pleasant. The rooms in the row alongside the office seem to be a bit nicer. We have NEVER had a problem of any kind. In our 15 stays, it has been nothing but pleasant. It's upsetting to hear negative comments about this place, when we are so fond of it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Richmond va
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

I traveled to the casino for the day and didn't want to drive home so I decided to get a hotel. I read the reveiws from TA and it sounded like it was a cheap, clean no frills place. sounded perfect for a few hours of sleep and a shower. The check-in was pleasant and quick. I laughed a little when the lady handed me an actual key to the room. Couldn't tell you last time I got an actual key. The first thing I noticed when I drove to my room was the parking lot only had around 3 cars in it. I found my room (non smoking) and entered. The very first thing I noticed was the over powering smell of cheap cleaning spray or something they used to clean the room. The second thing was the room is wood panel. Yes 1970's all the way. The floor, ceiling and walls all had holes tears and marks every where. I just assume every hole, crack or split would have some kind of bug or rodent clawing in. I'm not sure if the room was clean b/c it was so old and in need of renovation. The 13 inch tube tv made me laugh. My iphone was easier to watch tv on than this anciet thing. I stripped the bedspread off the bed and the sheets looked clean. I headed to get my bag from the car and I notice the door chain had been removed from what looked like someone had kicked in the door. It was replaced by a more modern slide lock. There was no deadbolt but honestly the door was so light weight a child could have kicked it in. Now, I mentioned I was going to the casino and was caring more cash than I feel 100% comfortable with. I really pictured myself being woken up in the middle of the night by the door flying off it's hinges and being robbed. My issue not the hotels??? I finally ventured into the bathroom. It was the size of a small closet that I assume was clean but not really sure b/c of the age. When things are this old they just look dirty with wear and tear. The toilet did run all night and flushed every 30 or 40 minutes. I sat on the edge of the bed and pondered if I was actually going to stay here. My plan was to come back at around 1 or 2 am but I was actually scared of the thought. I ended up coming back to the room at around 5:30 am. I figured it was safer since the sun was soon to rise. I slept on top of the sheets with my clothes on b/c I just didn't know. I woke about 8ish from the sound of the shower and running water from the rooms above. I looked at the shower again and decided it wasnt' worth it. I packed up and headed home.
The plus of the hotel: it is very close to the casino. It is very cheap. I think with taxes it was about $53. If you like fast food. There is a KFC, McD's and Wendys very close. I wouldn't say I'm a snob and stay at the best hotels in the world and I couldn't tell you in the last 20 years if I have ever stayed at a MOTEL but this place was aweful. I really thought a lot about sleeping in the my car.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Been to Towne House Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!