“Filthiest place I have ever seen... avoid it!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Charles Town

Knights Inn Charles Town
You added Knights Inn Charles Town to your Saves list
Knights Inn Charles Town
642 E Washington, off US Highway 340, Charles Town, WV 25414 (Formerly Towne House Motor Lodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Charles Town
Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Filthiest place I have ever seen... avoid it!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

The carpet is damp and stinks. The bathroom floor, wall, tub, glass tub doors and tub/shower caulking is moldy and stained. Look behind the bathroom door.. ugh. The sheets may be changed but the bedspreads are not... and they are funky and stained. The filter on the ac/heater has never been clened and is spewing out germs, dust and mold. Because it is one of very few accomodations near Charles Town Racino in Charles Town,WV they charge horrible rates... over $125 on weekends! Avoid this scummy nasty place or stay at your own (health) risk.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Concord, va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Have being staying here for over 5 yrs. on a very frequent basis. There is nothing wrong with this motel. Yes, it is a little outdated, but clean, safe and pleasant. The rooms in the row alongside the office seem to be a bit nicer. We have NEVER had a problem of any kind. In our 15 stays, it has been nothing but pleasant. It's upsetting to hear negative comments about this place, when we are so fond of it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Richmond va
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

I traveled to the casino for the day and didn't want to drive home so I decided to get a hotel. I read the reveiws from TA and it sounded like it was a cheap, clean no frills place. sounded perfect for a few hours of sleep and a shower. The check-in was pleasant and quick. I laughed a little when the lady handed me an actual key to the room. Couldn't tell you last time I got an actual key. The first thing I noticed when I drove to my room was the parking lot only had around 3 cars in it. I found my room (non smoking) and entered. The very first thing I noticed was the over powering smell of cheap cleaning spray or something they used to clean the room. The second thing was the room is wood panel. Yes 1970's all the way. The floor, ceiling and walls all had holes tears and marks every where. I just assume every hole, crack or split would have some kind of bug or rodent clawing in. I'm not sure if the room was clean b/c it was so old and in need of renovation. The 13 inch tube tv made me laugh. My iphone was easier to watch tv on than this anciet thing. I stripped the bedspread off the bed and the sheets looked clean. I headed to get my bag from the car and I notice the door chain had been removed from what looked like someone had kicked in the door. It was replaced by a more modern slide lock. There was no deadbolt but honestly the door was so light weight a child could have kicked it in. Now, I mentioned I was going to the casino and was caring more cash than I feel 100% comfortable with. I really pictured myself being woken up in the middle of the night by the door flying off it's hinges and being robbed. My issue not the hotels??? I finally ventured into the bathroom. It was the size of a small closet that I assume was clean but not really sure b/c of the age. When things are this old they just look dirty with wear and tear. The toilet did run all night and flushed every 30 or 40 minutes. I sat on the edge of the bed and pondered if I was actually going to stay here. My plan was to come back at around 1 or 2 am but I was actually scared of the thought. I ended up coming back to the room at around 5:30 am. I figured it was safer since the sun was soon to rise. I slept on top of the sheets with my clothes on b/c I just didn't know. I woke about 8ish from the sound of the shower and running water from the rooms above. I looked at the shower again and decided it wasnt' worth it. I packed up and headed home.
The plus of the hotel: it is very close to the casino. It is very cheap. I think with taxes it was about $53. If you like fast food. There is a KFC, McD's and Wendys very close. I wouldn't say I'm a snob and stay at the best hotels in the world and I couldn't tell you in the last 20 years if I have ever stayed at a MOTEL but this place was aweful. I really thought a lot about sleeping in the my car.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
York, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

No frills, but clean and for a place to stay a night or two - it works for us. For a leisure "gaming jaunt' to the Hollywood Casino it is less expensive than the casino hotel.
Restaurants close by serve good breakfasts. Our trips to Charles Town are about the casino, not the lodging.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Cold Spring, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

This is a moderate priced older motel with plenty of parking - a key feature for me as I tow a trailer. They provide Wi-Fi free if you ask, and Frontier Wi-Fi access is available on a fee basis. Be sure you confirm your reservation if you are running late. This is a no-nonsense blue collar operation and they are not much on finesse or warm-fuzzies.

Like the other Charles Town accommodations, the place sees hard use and shows it, but it is fine in all important respects and enjoys a lot of repeat business from visitors to the Hollywood Casino and the Summit Point Motorsport Park.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
richmond va
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

We have stayed there before and found it satisfactory. This time it was different and we will not stay there again! Minor things such as a lightbulb hanging and tv remote that did not work we could have dealt with but when we came home after being at the casino we had quite a shock waiting! Some filthy black gunk had come up through the bathtub drain.
We were given a different room and the odor was not as noticeable there. Still we will never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2009

I was just reading the negative review on here and had to respond. I have stayed here many times and althought it could use some remodeling it is not a dump. Located just across the street from the casino, it has always been clean when I stayed here, no problem with the air conditioning or heat. The staff has always been friendly and helpful and I will be staying there again this month. i have never had a problem with the mirror or anything else. It is just an older motel and could use some updating but for the price and for no longer then you are in the room it is GREAT!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Knights Inn Charles Town? Share your experiences!