“Will not choose best western Logan inn for anther stay” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Chapmanville
“Will not choose best western Logan inn for anther stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

My wife is originally from Logan WV. We came down and stays after very much thought in the best western Logan inn. We stays from Friday the 12 of October 2012 to Sunday the 14 2012. They stay was very uncomfortable. The beds were hard a a rock even my 5 year old son said he didn't like the bed which says a lot. The pool is supposed to be heated. That's a lie. Friday night the pool was at around 60F. Asked the desk attendant how the pool cod be heated she advised me that the room has to heat up in order for the pool to heat up. Bogus. Saturday had some of my wife's friends and relatives come by and brought thier kids to swim in the pool again was not heated ( will be happy to provide their info to agree to these alligatipns about best western ) they come not put thier kids in the pool because it was cold the. Also. The unit on the wall that controls the heatin of the pool and room was broken didn't work. When Sunday came and it was time to checkout I spoke to the desk attendant named Patrick he is the tidies most disrespectful unappreciatfull hotel employee I have ever dealt with I spoke my concerns to Patrick and he proceeded to tell me I was wrong the pool is always heated and checked each 2 hours with a thermometer. Was told by Patrick that the hotel manager named randy woe not do anything for me and that I need to have a good day and I will never receive Any type of refund . I hope that no one has to deal with this hotel attendant Patrick in the future and I also hope that no one has to deal with the manager named randy who I have left 2 messages for and also my wife has left a message for And have not received a call back
I am sorry to write such a bad review on a good chained hotel but maybe it needed to be heard. I could have gone down the road and spent the same amount of money at holiday inn and have had a greater Experiance there.

• Stayed October 2012

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

rkveton, Manager at BEST WESTERN Logan Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Mr. Anderson, I do want to apologize for your experience with our hotel. I also want to apologize to you that I did not respond personally, however, my Assistant General Manager, Margaret Spano has spoken to both you and your wife and it is my understanding we did resolve this issue with you. Not an excuse, but Margaret was handling this due to some personal medical issues I am dealing with. I can assure you this is not the norm for experiences with our hotel and I will be handling the employee issues you had to deal with. I do hope you will allow us the opportunity to prove to you this in not the way I run my hotel and your experience will not be repeated. Safe travels and we hope to see you again in the future.

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Was shocked, normally my experiences with B/W weren't always the best. We were met with smiling faces and gracious attitudes, we arrived a little earlier than reccomened check in time and were given our room keys and even shown several attractions of the hotel. Rooms were really clean, front desk more than happy and polite when asked questions reguarding local attractions. We had AC, hot bath water and a decent CONTINENTAL breakfast.... Not BUFFET. So if you don't know what Continental means, muffins, donuts, yourt, fresh fruit and some juices. As for going somewhere and low balling them because of an Act of God... You should have left and spent $$$ and time elsewhere instead of brooding for an uncontrolable element that you nor I have any control over and are looking for SOMETHING for NOTHING....Sorry just saying.

• Stayed September 2012
rkveton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Logan Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your stay with us! Your comments put a huge smile on my face, as it did my fellow staff members. We continue to strive to be the BEST and your comments help to let us know we are doing things right. We wish you safe travels and hope to see you again when in our area.
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We checked in during the wind storm that hit the area at the end June. First night no power. No problem. We were just glad to have a room. The desk clerk who checked us in did a good job under the conditions, he walked us to our rooms with a flashlight. There was no air conditioning but the room was pretty cool due to the storm. The next day we were a little upset they didn't have anything out for breakfast. I understand they had no power but you don't need power to put out fruit, Danish, muffins etc. Anything would have been a plus. They were no restaurants open in the area due to the power outage and ate a donut from a gas station. Came back to the room that night and we had lights, no air and no water. Sleeping that night was almost impossible due to no air and not being able to open the windows. A flashlight I carry in my car. I guess I will have to start traveling with a fan. They had no control over these outages but none of the staff once asked us if there was something they could do for us or something they could help us with. Some of the oter guests took buckets of water to their room to put in the toilet to flush it but we are physically unable to do that. I think I would have been a little more understanding if the staff had actually acted as if they cared about their guests. I have sent an email to the company and will not stay at another best western if we are charged full price for the two rooms we booked. Mother nature was the cause of the problems in the hotel but the staff at this hotel has a lot to be desired.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at BEST WESTERN Logan Inn, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
I would like to personally apologize for your experience while staying with us through the storm. I am in no way justifying the way you feel you were treated but that was a crazy weekend and we are still dealing with over 30,000 people just in our area still without power. We were planning to evacuate the hotel, but quickly found out our guests had no where to go as there were over 350K people without power in WV and another 200k+ in VA. I was here throughout the whole weekend and wish you would have asked to speak to me at some point during your stay. We would have been more than happy to try to help you had we known. By reading our other reviews, you can see we go above and beyond in customer service and again I do apologize for your experience and do hope you will give us the opportunity to prove this to you.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Very pleased with my first visit, that is the reason for my second visit and I will stay again when in the area. My room was spotless, the cleanest room that I have ever stayed in. The best maid service in the U.S. I just cant say enough good things about the staff. I would recommend this Best Western to my very best friends. Thank you for a very good visit.

Room Tip: If you are traveling on route 119 through logan county W.VA. and a room for a night or a week, you c...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Traveler
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I can't remember exactly what it was with the tax but it was around $100.
This is a nice property but to be honest...when you're only going to be in a room for about maybe 10-12 hours $100 is just too much.
They have all the amenities one would expect in a room for this price. The rooms were quite clean and the furnishings et al were quite nice as well.
The breakfast was OK also.
They have an indoor pool and fitness center here too.
I would have no problem recommending this property for most types of travelers but I am getting sick and tired of overpaying for rooms.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

We arrived very late at night - phoned ahead the the desk clerk was friendly and held his last room for us. Best Westerns tend to be nice - and this one does the chain proud. Very clean, well laid out, plenty of space in the room and the usual amenities - refrigerator, microwave and such. Didn't have time for the breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
rkveton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Logan Inn, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on TripAdvisor. We do value your comments and are happy that we were able to meet your expectations. We do hope you will visit us again when your travels take you through our area. Safe travels!

pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

This hotel was very clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. There was an indoor pool, however we did not use it. The only thing that I was disappointed in with this hotel was that the room didn't have enough outlets. Half of the lights were unplugged because there were no outlets available for the tv, microwave, fridge, ect...We didn't have an outlet to charge our cell phones.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your stay with us. We do appreciate your positive comments and can assure you it is our mission to Lead the Industry in Superior Customer Care! I do apologize there were not enough outlets in your room and we have been working on this issue. I hope the next time you stay with us you will be able to leave feedback there were to many outlets in the room. Safe travels!

Randy Kveton, CHO

Been to BEST WESTERN Logan Inn? Share your experiences!