We checked in during the wind storm that hit the area at the end June. First night no power. No problem. We were just glad to have a room. The desk clerk who checked us in did a good job under the conditions, he walked us to our rooms with a flashlight. There was no air conditioning but the room was pretty cool due to the storm. The next day we were a little upset they didn't have anything out for breakfast. I understand they had no power but you don't need power to put out fruit, Danish, muffins etc. Anything would have been a plus. They were no restaurants open in the area due to the power outage and ate a donut from a gas station. Came back to the room that night and we had lights, no air and no water. Sleeping that night was almost impossible due to no air and not being able to open the windows. A flashlight I carry in my car. I guess I will have to start traveling with a fan. They had no control over these outages but none of the staff once asked us if there was something they could do for us or something they could help us with. Some of the oter guests took buckets of water to their room to put in the toilet to flush it but we are physically unable to do that. I think I would have been a little more understanding if the staff had actually acted as if they cared about their guests. I have sent an email to the company and will not stay at another best western if we are charged full price for the two rooms we booked. Mother nature was the cause of the problems in the hotel but the staff at this hotel has a lot to be desired.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Best Western Logan Inn - the Official Lodging of the Hatfield McCoy Trails! We are proud to offer you the BEST in Customer Service, Hospitality and making you feel "at home". You can start your day with a good work out in our fitness room and a free continental breakfast and end your long hard day with a dip in our indoor, heated pool. We have a Huddle House restaurant right in front that offers any meal, any time so you wont have to go far to get some GREAT food. We look forward to seeing you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN Logan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Chapmanville
- Chapmanville Best Western