“Very beautiful and cozy......perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Smoke Hole Caverns & Log Cabin Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cabins
Smoke Hole Caverns & Log Cabin Resort
You added Smoke Hole Caverns & Log Cabin Resort to your Saves list
8290 North Fork Highway, Cabins, WV 26855   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cabins
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Very beautiful and cozy......perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Beautiful decor in a fantastic location. Very clean with all the amenities of home. Even my husband who is the biggest critic loved this mini log cabin. I would recommend this place to anyone. A little slice of heaven in WV!

• Stayed October 2012
Smoke_Hole_Resort, Manager at Smoke Hole Caverns & Log Cabin Resort, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We agree that we have a special slice of heaven. My dad always told me, "We are on vacations 365 days a year." Hope to see you again. Don't forget we are only a half hour away from Canaan Valley and Timberline Ski Resorts and what a better way to relax than infront of a real wood burning fireplace after you have been on the slopes!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Freeport, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed at the Smoke Hole Resort's Log Cabin Motel. My observations were similar to another reviewer. From the pictures the gift shop and motel look very charming but the interior of the motel room had not been updated. The room was large but the only furniture was 2 beds, a nightstand and a dresser where the TV was located. There were no additional chairs or luggage stands so suitcases had to be placed on the floor. There is no fridge, microwave, hair dryer nor iron.

The room was very dated with a huge outdoor mural on the wall. Wallpaper was discolored in several areas due to age. There was no cell service and no wifi (which I was made aware of when placing the reservations). The TV received 6 channels... no local channels to get a weather report.

But the biggest drawback was the “thinness” of the walls. There was no audible privacy. When we used our shower, it was extremely loud. When the neighbors used their shower, it was equally as loud. You could hear the neighboring TV, sneezing, coughing, etc. as if they were in your room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

When I looked at Internet site and chose to stay at the Smoke Hole Resort's Log Cabin Motel I was sure it was going to be a good choice. It wasn't a bad coice but beware of the issues.
1. On busy road so don't expect scenic view at motel
2. Very nice appearance of the gift shop and motel But rooms, while nice and clean, will ot blow you away. Tacky wallpaper. Beds are of marginal comfort.
3. You will be incummicado. No cell and no wifi in motel. Must go stand outside at gift shop to get wifi signal
4. TV dish is worthless. You get no local channels to get a weather report or news. We got HBO and 4 other obscure channels.

I want you to know the staff is so sweet and nice I feel bad writing this review But I want to read reviews that tell the truth so we travelers know what to expect. I cannot speak for their cabins.

Room Tip: Closet place to eat about two miles down road. No breakfast at motel.
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My Husband and I spent our Honeymoon @ Smoke Hole 8 years ago so we decided to go again for our anniversary I have to say it was as magnificent this time as it was our first trip I can't say enough good things about our trip and stay at Smoke Hole Log Cabin Resort, if you enjoy the outdoors, a Beautiful Cabin and the friendliest people then you need to book your trip today!!! The Cabins are so beautiful and very comfortable not to mention very romantic with the wonderful fireplaces and the Jacuzzi :) All the staff at the resort are so friendly and always willing to go out of their way to please you and make your stay with them all the better. Their new store is beautiful and full of treasures, something for everyone. We will continue to stay with them every chance we get, if you want a little slice of Heaven then this is the place for you, I guarentee you won't be disappointed

Room Tip: The Cabins facing the River are the best, the trout stream running underneath the back decks make fo...
US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I had never been to the area before, but was looking for a little getaway to reconnect with my son after having to be gone for 35 days. This was perfect in every way! Our check-in was seemless and took all of 5 minutes. The lady at the check in counter was extremely nice, I assume she was the owner. When we arrived at our cabin I was pleasantly surprised. I know there is a description of the different accommodations on their website, but they really don't do it justice. There were 3 of us in my group. The cabin had two bedrooms downstairs with queen beds in each, and a loft with two single beds. The one and only thing I can say is the one queen bed I slept in was really hard and uncomfortable. But the other room had a softer bed. I ended up sleeping up in the loft on one of the single beds, which my son thought was cool cause he could look over and see me. We arrived around 7pm our first night, so we couldn't do much that evening, but got up bright and early the next morning and went to do the Smoke Hole Caverns tour. It was a cool little tour and the tour guide was very knowledgeable. After the tour we went into the gift shop, which was amazing! You will definitely find something you like in here, and at reasonable prices. The owner is always walking around checking to see if you need help, and even let my son play with the wind chimes! The owner of the gift shop was very nice. She gave us pointers on what to do, and even called Yokum Stables for us to set up a horseback riding trip. After the horseback riding trip, we came back to the gift shop on our way back to our cabin because my mom needed some headache medicine....I guess the bouncing around on the horses gave her a little headache. The owner of the gift shop was still there and came over to ask my son all about the horseback ride. The following morning we went up to Dolly Sods, as recommended by the gift shop owner. It was a long drive up, but totally worth it to see some of the sights and especially if you enjoy hiking. Check-out was easier than check in. All you have to do is set your trash bag on the porch and leave your key on the table. It was such a great weekend, and everyone we encountered was soooo nice. We will definitely be going back, in fact we are planning a weekend there in November! My only regret is that I didn't know this place was here earlier, because this is definitely a perfect family getaway.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Family Log Cabins, number 4. It was the perfect fit for us.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Parkersburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We needed a place to just getaway from the hassel of the everyday routine and this was the the perfect solution. We stayed in the Honeymoon Cabin and it was more than what we expected. The Cabins were very clean and the staff went over and beyond to make our stay perfect.The fish ponds were the highlight of our walks around the resort they were wonderful.We will be sure to return when we need a perfect getaway. Hopefully they we put in firmer mattresses by the time we return. Doug

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Mineral Wells, WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay. The honeymoon cabin was wonderful. My only complaint would be that because of a problem with the resorts credit swiping system we had to put half of the balance on a different credit card than we had planned. One card (master card) worked, but nothing visa would work. When dealing with high volumes of money, the resort needs to make sure that their system is working appropriately.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Smoke Hole Caverns & Log Cabin Resort? Share your experiences!