“Great Inn & Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Buckhannon
Harrisburg,Pa.
“Great Inn & Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Want a hometown type Motel/Inn with an excellent Lounge & Restaurant...........need not look any further. The staff is friendly and courteous. A+++++++ The food at the 88 Restaurant is delicious and reasonably priced. Breakfast selections on menu are bountiful. If you stay at the Inn you'll get a nice discount on your breakfast tab.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
TLustila, Front Office Manager at Bicentennial Inn, Home of 88 Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. We are happy to see that you had a great stay with us. We strive to make each guest feel at home and enjoy their stay. We hope to see you again in the near future.

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Bicentennial the weekend of a friends wedding at a local resort. They went out of their way to accommodate us checking in a little early to dress for the wedding. They also give a veteran or active duty discount, super reasonable price, excellent staff as well. The town is awesome. The restaurant has amazingly good food and service. If you stay the night, and present your receipt, breakfast comes with a generous discount. When I told the man at the desk( who was so friendly) that I will book my daughter a room for her birthday get away, he told me to mention its for her birthday, and they will decorate the room! This is top notch WV hospitality!

• Stayed October 2013
Kathleen L, Front Desk Clerk at Bicentennial Inn, Home of 88 Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
We are so happy to hear you had a great stay with us. It warms our hearts to hear how well our guest enjoyed their stay. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Dunbar, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The rooms are nice, even though the desk chair in the room had a saggy bottom. The bed was comfortable, and the room came with nice amenities - cable TV, microwave, refrigerator, hair dryer, coffee maker, ice bucket...

I'd stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013
RAbraham88, Manager at Bicentennial Inn, Home of 88 Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your review!
We are always looking for ways to improve and we hope to see you again soon.
Heather Schneider
Bloomington, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I recently stayed two nights at the Bicentennial Inn in Buckhannon, WV. The hotel will surprise you.
It IS an older property that seems to be under constant improvement. It is not part of a chain, and therefore is the embodiment of small business and "making a go" of living the American dream. Upon entering the lobby I was greeted by a very friendly staff, given an overview of the amenities offered, and the property and surrounding area in general.
There is an elevator in good working order, and since I don't exactly travel light, this is a huge plus for me.
My room was nice with a fridge, microwave, full size 12 cup coffee maker and new carpet. Its obvious that the hotel is a work in progress and they are doing a very nice job.
The restaurant is very reasonably priced and the food of excellent quality.
I will be travelling to Buckhannon often for business and will most decidedly stay here every time!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We are so pleased you will be staying with us!
Thank you for your review.
Heather Schneider
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I visit Buckhannon regularly, and on our last visit, we stayed at the Bicentennial. We were both very impressed with the place. There is comfortable outdoor seating at the inn's front porch; at the side entry, there is additional seating. The front lobby is welcoming and the staff are friendly and helpful. I was pleased to see hot coffee offered around the clock in the lobby, which is something my husband and I always appreciate. Our room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. We had no problems with the bathroom mechanics, and the water pressure in the shower was satisfactory. The inn's restaurant served a great breakfast, and my husband and I had breakfast discounted, since we were staying at the inn. We visit Buckhannon frequently, and we will no doubt stay at the Bicentennial again.

Room Tip: Some of the first floor rooms are next to the outside sitting area, which may be noisy in the late e...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RAbraham88, Front Desk at Bicentennial Inn, Home of 88 Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for the wonderful review. We look forward to hearing from our guest about their stay. It lets us know that we are doing our job and helps us maintain and improve on things around the hotel. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us and are looking towards the next time you come in to visit.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I returned to Buckhannon to visit some friends who she had got to know when at West Virginia Weslyan, and the place to stay is the Bicentennial Inn. The staff were very friendly, and the Restaurant was excellent combining local charm with good food. We could not have felt more at home - I don't think it was because of our English accents, but I don't suppose they do have many visitors from outside the Sates. If I had one criticism it would be that the sound-proofing in the room was not brilliant - we could hear every footstep in the room above - and I was surprised that the beds had a plastci sheet on below the normal sheet: I may be nearly 60, but I am not incontinent!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
RAbraham88, Front Desk Staff at Bicentennial Inn, Home of 88 Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you so much for your feed back. We are so pleased that you felt at home with us. Thank you for your input regarding the mattress protectors, they are there for hygienic purposes and protect all of our guest. We hope to see you again in the future when you return to Buckhannon.
Carriere
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed 5 nights the rooms were clean and cleaned every day. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The restaurant was wonderful we ate breakfast and dinner there every day the staff there was excellent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Thank you for such a great stay!

Vickie Haas

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so happy you had a great stay. Thank you for the recommendation.. We hope you come again to visit with us soon.

Been to Bicentennial Inn, Home of 88 Restaurant and Lounge? Share your experiences!