“reat place!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Buckhannon
Bloomington, Indiana
“reat place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I recently stayed two nights at the Bicentennial Inn in Buckhannon, WV. The hotel will surprise you.
It IS an older property that seems to be under constant improvement. It is not part of a chain, and therefore is the embodiment of small business and "making a go" of living the American dream. Upon entering the lobby I was greeted by a very friendly staff, given an overview of the amenities offered, and the property and surrounding area in general.
There is an elevator in good working order, and since I don't exactly travel light, this is a huge plus for me.
My room was nice with a fridge, microwave, full size 12 cup coffee maker and new carpet. Its obvious that the hotel is a work in progress and they are doing a very nice job.
The restaurant is very reasonably priced and the food of excellent quality.
I will be travelling to Buckhannon often for business and will most decidedly stay here every time!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
RAbraham88, Manager at Bicentennial Inn, Home of 88 Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
We are so pleased you will be staying with us!
Thank you for your review.
Heather Schneider

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I visit Buckhannon regularly, and on our last visit, we stayed at the Bicentennial. We were both very impressed with the place. There is comfortable outdoor seating at the inn's front porch; at the side entry, there is additional seating. The front lobby is welcoming and the staff are friendly and helpful. I was pleased to see hot coffee offered around the clock in the lobby, which is something my husband and I always appreciate. Our room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. We had no problems with the bathroom mechanics, and the water pressure in the shower was satisfactory. The inn's restaurant served a great breakfast, and my husband and I had breakfast discounted, since we were staying at the inn. We visit Buckhannon frequently, and we will no doubt stay at the Bicentennial again.

Room Tip: Some of the first floor rooms are next to the outside sitting area, which may be noisy in the late e...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RAbraham88, Front Desk at Bicentennial Inn, Home of 88 Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for the wonderful review. We look forward to hearing from our guest about their stay. It lets us know that we are doing our job and helps us maintain and improve on things around the hotel. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us and are looking towards the next time you come in to visit.

Have a great day!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I returned to Buckhannon to visit some friends who she had got to know when at West Virginia Weslyan, and the place to stay is the Bicentennial Inn. The staff were very friendly, and the Restaurant was excellent combining local charm with good food. We could not have felt more at home - I don't think it was because of our English accents, but I don't suppose they do have many visitors from outside the Sates. If I had one criticism it would be that the sound-proofing in the room was not brilliant - we could hear every footstep in the room above - and I was surprised that the beds had a plastci sheet on below the normal sheet: I may be nearly 60, but I am not incontinent!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
RAbraham88, Front Desk Staff at Bicentennial Inn, Home of 88 Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you so much for your feed back. We are so pleased that you felt at home with us. Thank you for your input regarding the mattress protectors, they are there for hygienic purposes and protect all of our guest. We hope to see you again in the future when you return to Buckhannon.
Carriere
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed 5 nights the rooms were clean and cleaned every day. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The restaurant was wonderful we ate breakfast and dinner there every day the staff there was excellent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Thank you for such a great stay!

Vickie Haas

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so happy you had a great stay. Thank you for the recommendation.. We hope you come again to visit with us soon.
Moundsville, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Was going to attend the quilt show in Summersville and needed a half way point. Found hotel on internet. Very impressed. Friendly and helpful. We had a lamp in our room that wouldn't work we had the lady from the front deck come to our room and she helped us figure out what we were doing wrong.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feed back. This gives us the opportunity to fix anything that may be wrong be it a lamp or an extra pillow we aim to please. Hope to see you again soon
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Took a West Virginia motorcycle trip last weekend, and found the Bicentennial Inn as centrally located, and with all the great reviews, decided to give it a shot. I was not disappointed! It is an older hotel that has apparently been well maintained, or perhaps with a recent refresh. The bathrooms are a little small compared to more modern hotels, but everything worked well and was very clean, with none of the mustiness you seem to find at the older hotels. The free wi-fi was fast enough for my purposes, faster than many of the bigger chains I've stayed at, and I got a good connection everywhere I tried it. The restaurant was first rate, had two breakfasts and two dinners there, and all were excellent. The rooms were quiet, I heard no noise (outside of somebody having trouble setting his car alarm outside!) from rooms on either side. Every one of the staff I interacted with was unfailingly polite and welcoming. I had only two complaints. First, the rooms were dark, probably from "energy saving" light bulbs being used in lamps with three way switches. The second was the curtains. They were dark red, and while they look nice, I could see through them when I turned the lights out. Blinds or room darkening curtains should be used on the first floor. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again next time I'm in the area, regardless of the reason for my visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
We are happy that you found us! Thank you so much for coming to see us. We love to hear from our guest, it gives us a chance to see things from their point of view and helps us improve ourselves as a whole. We look forward to serving you again in the near future
Greenbelt, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband and I have stayed in the hotel for the last 2 years when visiting family. Very clean and quite which is a big plus when you want to relax and enjoy yourselves and sleep. The staff (receptionist Connie at the time of check in and out) is so nice and friendly and helpful, makes you feel so at home. We haven't had the pleasure of trying the 88 Restaurant mainly yet but will one day.

Pros: rooms are set up with TV, WiFi, little refrigerator, microwave, hair dryer, coffee pot for the coffee, cream and sugars provided.

Cons: it's a bit pricey for WV and the bathrooms and shower space are a bit on the small side like the set up. Other than that it was good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We are pleased that you and your family have been staying with us for the last 2 years. We are making little improvements to the hotel a little at a time. We are looking forward to seeing you and your family again in the near future.

Been to Bicentennial Inn, Home of 88 Restaurant and Lounge? Share your experiences!