“Not service animal friendly :(” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Host Baxa Inn

Budget Host Baxa Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Buckhannon
Budget Host Baxa Inn
21 N. Kanawha St, Buckhannon, WV 26201   |
Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Buckhannon
Sheboygan
“Not service animal friendly :(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel previously and have always been very satisfied. While making a recent reservation were told that our medical service dog was not allowed. When the discussion occurred that this was protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, we were treated rudely and informed that "we won" because we used the "discrimination" word when explaining the Act. We were simply explaining our rights under the Act because not all businesses are familiar with it.. "You won, you won!" He repeatedly said. We have stayed at MANY hotels that are not "pet friendly" including 5 star hotels, and because our dog is a medically necessary service dog, she has stayed with us everywhere we have stayed and has even flown with us. She goes everywhere my wife goes, no different than if she required a wheelchair. The treatment we received when trying to reserve a room for 2 days was completely unacceptable and clearly IS "discrimination".

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Garland, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My son and I were travelling to Buckhannon for a baseball camp and after calling both the Baxa and the Bicentennial, I chose the Baxa - they seemed so much nicer on the phone than the staff at the Bicentennial. What a FANTASTIC choice! The staff was wonderful, the room was great (it included a microwave and refrigerator), the bathroom was larger than I expected with beautiful tile and the soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion smelled wonderful! We'll definitely stay here again the next time we're in town - which will probably be in August, 2013 as our son has decided to attend WVWC in the fall.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sandyville, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The Baxa is not a chain motel; it is family owned and operated and has been in the same family for many years. I loved staying there and will be staying again this week. I had tried to find a room in weston without success; someone suggested the Baxa and I was really surprised at what a nice place it was. It's not big-motel fancy--it's homey. The room was clean and comfortable and it was clear that maintenance is a high priority. Center of town location is a nice change from rooms by the highway and all the traffic noise. The trains did not bother me; I grew up with tracks near our home. The staff was courteous as could be, and the lobby was lovely. I even got a handwritten thank-you card after my stay! How many big chains do that? I have recommended the Baxa to everyone I know and will always stay there when I need a room in central WV. Thanks, Baxa!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Nice, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We arrived late and the receptionist was friendly and helpful letting us know about bars and breakfast, none of it more than 3 minutes walk away.

The room was large, warm and clean, the bed was comfy and the bathroom was nice, with a good selection of nice soaps. It's not the Hilton but it's a very nice motel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were in town for our friends band playing nearby. We checked out a few other hotels before deciding on this one and if was a great choice! The staff was excellent! They were so friendly and went completely out of their way to help us with a few difficult requests, which they delivered. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. We had a microwave and a mini fridge that even had a separate door for a freezer. The TVs were very nice too with great picture. I would only stay here when traveling to the area. Overall, this place is very affordable, comfortable and has fantastic staff that goes out of their way to ensure your satisfaction.

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

After hours of driving and finding only booked motels a nice young lady at the Centennial called for us. The Baxa was the only place in town with a room. The man at the desk was rather nice. Even told us a good place to eat. The room was pricey,they only had a double room left and it was just my husband and I, But at this point we didn't care. The room was nice an cool and very clean. Only advice is stay away from the Bottomsup bar across the street. The police were there several times during the night.

• Stayed July 2012
Wardensville, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I have had to spent many nights in Buckhannon because of workshops at WVWC. We were encouraged to stay at Bicentennial Inn, but I found the staff there somewhat rude, so I decided to look for a new location. This place was wonderful. The room was spotless, the bed was huge for one individual, and the staff was outstanding. The bathroom had huge towels, and I felt come comfortable. The location is one block off the main road into town, and you have to look for the Baxa. It was recommended to me by a local. The price was very reasonable. The motel is a 4 star experience at a 2 star price. The only problem is that the parking is somewhat tight, but the overall advantages of the hotel far outweigh that minor inconvenience. When I return to Buckhannon, I will stay at the Baxa.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Budget Host Baxa Inn? Share your experiences!