“Nice place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baxa Inn

Baxa Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Buckhannon
Baxa Inn
You added Baxa Inn to your Saves list
21 N. Kanawha St, Buckhannon, WV 26201 (Formerly Budget Host Baxa Inn)   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Buckhannon
“Nice place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

After hours of driving and finding only booked motels a nice young lady at the Centennial called for us. The Baxa was the only place in town with a room. The man at the desk was rather nice. Even told us a good place to eat. The room was pricey,they only had a double room left and it was just my husband and I, But at this point we didn't care. The room was nice an cool and very clean. Only advice is stay away from the Bottomsup bar across the street. The police were there several times during the night.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Wardensville, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I have had to spent many nights in Buckhannon because of workshops at WVWC. We were encouraged to stay at Bicentennial Inn, but I found the staff there somewhat rude, so I decided to look for a new location. This place was wonderful. The room was spotless, the bed was huge for one individual, and the staff was outstanding. The bathroom had huge towels, and I felt come comfortable. The location is one block off the main road into town, and you have to look for the Baxa. It was recommended to me by a local. The price was very reasonable. The motel is a 4 star experience at a 2 star price. The only problem is that the parking is somewhat tight, but the overall advantages of the hotel far outweigh that minor inconvenience. When I return to Buckhannon, I will stay at the Baxa.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Chetopa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

This was our second stay at this hotel and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone! The rooms are super clean and the customer service surpasses most other hotels by miles. Its located in a super quiet location and the charm this hotel provides will definitely bring my husband and I back every time we are in town. Do yourself a favor and check out what this hotel has to offer; you will be pleasantly suprised!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Parsons, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

This is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in, including the upper crust chains. The room was spotless and the decor gives a welcoming home like feel. As a nurse who travels a long distance to work, this hotel was safe quiet and secure. The management gave personal care to accommodate my daytime sleeping schedule. I highly recommend this if you are looking for friendly country hospitality.

Room Tip: top floor corner was the quiet spot for day sleeping.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Looking for a cheap hotel and found the Baxa Hotel. Very friendly staff, nice clean room. Will stay again. Not a Hilton but nice enough.

• Stayed September 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Don't stay this Inn sucks. Its a total dive. Has bugs, and the bathrooms stink and are dirty stay somewhere else. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

Ive reviewed this hotel every time I have stayed here, because I know that quality can change. I had planned to avoid writing another review due to being repetitive, but the last review here made me change my mind. The Baxa is not a hell hole, and in the 8 years I have been staying (and no, not working) there, its only improved. So yeah, theres a train nearby - did it ever bother me? No. The tracks run by at least 3 of Buckhannon's hotels. And the chain lock was loose. Its Buckhannon for crying out loud. It was never noisy when I was there, and I have to doubt that there were repeated, mass breakins into a single room. This is a small hotel in a small town. I'm not sure what the previous reviewer was expecting, but the Baxa is a fine place to stay, and is not: filthy, scary, crime ridden, or uncomfortable.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buckhannon
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon
Isaac Jackson Hotel
Isaac Jackson Hotel
#1 of 8 in Elkins
4.5 of 5 stars 147 reviews

Been to Baxa Inn? Share your experiences!