“Lovely B&B hosted by lovely people!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riverside Bed & Breakfast

Riverside Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buckhannon
Riverside Bed & Breakfast
113 Island Avenue, Buckhannon, WV 26201   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Buckhannon B&B and Inns
Pennsylvania
“Lovely B&B hosted by lovely people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Riverside for one night on our way back to Pennsylvania from Florida. It was the last night of our two-week vacation and we hoped it would be everything portrayed on the website. The B&B exceeded our expectations - a lovely, restored Victorian house with all the modern comforts people want today.

We stayed in Evan's room. It was spacious, beautifully furnished and had everything a traveler might need.....wireless internet, a desk, easy chair, large closet with robes and extra blankets. The bed was very comfortable, the bath was roomy and had an extra heater if needed (it wasn't).

Linda and Steve are very warm and welcoming hosts and their home reflects those characteristics. Breakfast was wonderful - first up was a delicious warmed spiced grapefruit, bananas, date compote, coffee and apricot juice. Followed by Linda's version of eggs benedict served on her homemade English toasting bread. Another piece of that homemade toasting bread with jam and we were ready for the day. Absolutely Scrumptious! Writing about it now makes me want to find the recipe and make some.

In addition to being the consummate hostess, Linda is an amazingly talented quilt artist - her quilts are tastefully displayed throughout the house. After I admired the braided rugs, Steve told me that Linda also made them (you can see part of one on the homepage of the website). These rugs are beautiful and lay perfectly flat which I know is not easy to accomplish when sewing the braided strips together to form the oval.

We highly recommend this B&B and will definitely return if our travels take us anywhere close to Buckhannon, WV again.....and hopefully our schedule will allow us to stay for more than one night!

Thank you, Linda and Steve for providing the perfect ending to our vacation.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely and there is a living/sitting room down the hall on the second floor for gu...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
C'ville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

This is a lovely, restored Victorian home in Buchannon, West Virginia. The hosts, Linda and Steve, are very friendly and welcoming. The breakfast was delicious. We enjoyed the porch swing and visiting with the other guests.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed at the Riverside while attending a exhibition at West Virginia Wesleyan College. This is a great place to stay. This establishment offers very relaxing and spacious accommodations. I consider myself a seasoned traveler and stayed at all the classic chain hotels; however, nothing beats the opportunity to stay in more than a century old grand B&B, with a spacious bedroom adorned with custom quilting on the bed. It was if you stepped back in time with the classic architecture in a house that is no less than immaculate. Mr. and Mrs. Smith do an excellent job with running a great establishment and providing a proper, hearty and delicious breakfast.

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the house
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Rydal, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

We were in Buckhannon for a family reunion and decided to stay at Riverside. The room and accomodations were gracious. Linda and Steve made us feel right at home and their hospitality added to the joy we had at our family reunion. The breakfasts were an absolute delight and our hosts and the other guests were engaging conversationalists. We enjoyed visiting on the porch and felt like we were right at home. I would recommend the Riverside to anyone interested in a relaxing stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Ladson, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

My husband and I travelled last week on my "great genealogy adventure," and stayed for one night at Riverside B & B. Our host, Linda, was warm and friendly. I enjoyed talking with her after breakfast. Our room was on the second floor and was quite spacious, as was the attached bathroom. Breakfast consisted of an egg casserole, bacon, homemade biscuits, juice, coffee, etc. All were delicious. The only thing that keeps me from giving Riverside five stars is that there was no television in our room. There was one in a sitting area off the hall; although we were the only guests that evening, I didn't want to sit out there in my robe. The price was very reasonable. Would we return to Riverside? Definitely!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Riverside Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!