“Experience Better Than Last Visit!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #2 of 12 hotels in Bridgeport
Eldridge
“Experience Better Than Last Visit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and freshened up daily. Great location with a beautiful scenery. New places to eat at. Toward the weekend things got loud around 11 p.m. with kids slamming the doors and talking loudly. Parents finally settled them down. This location has greatly improved from last years visit and we commend the staff.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Channing_C_Moran, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
George,

Thank you for giving us another chance to accommodate you and make a better impression. I truly appreciate you taking the time to commend my staff on their improvements, and I will certainly pass along your knid remarks.It really means a lot coming from our returning guests.

I apologize for any noisey neighbors. Certainly if f you ever have any issues while you're with us please make the Front Desk staff aware; they will be happy to help.

We look forward to seeing you again. Once again, thank you for continuing to say with us.

All the best.

287 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
LaGrange, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Microtel in Bridgeport June 13-16...First off I have to say the hotel's staff was very friendly and helpful to us, it was the hotel itself that was terrible. Our first impression was that the hotel looked a little run down and dirty. Since we were in town for a wedding and it seemed every hotel we called was already booked up we had no choice but to stay. When we first opened the door to room 220 we were greeted with a bad smell. I have to say it smelled like really bad foot odor so first thing we did was open the window and my son sprayed his axe body spray. The room itself was small but clean and wasn't that bad after it aired out (we left the window open) until we noticed the toilet would leak dirty toilet water onto the floor every time we flushed. My husband told the front desk and they said they would put in a work order. We ended up having to use the towels to soak up the dirty toilet water. They were nice enough to give us plenty of towels during our visit. We did end up wearing our shoes the entire time thanks to the dirty bathroom floor. The hotel is very noisy, there are a bunch of workers that stay here and they make a lot of noise late at night and early in the morning. The morning we checked out they did not give us a discount or an apology for the toilet situation. We will never stay there again and I will never let my husband book a hotel for us again. He found it online and wanted to save a few dollars. I think he has now learned the lesson that you get what you pay for. If you can afford it don't stay here. btw...my daughter couldn't find her cell phone so we turned around and went back to the hotel after check out to look for her phone and it looked like they were getting it ready for the next guest, broken toilet and all

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Channing M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
I sincerely apologize for your poor experience with us. I will be contacting you for further details so I can address the severity of your the issues you encountered with my staff. Thank you for your candid feedback. I hope you will give me the opportunity to make this right and change your mind about our hotel and the Microtel brand in general.
Columbus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great I-79 interstate stopover! Fair price and a nice comfy room. All what you would expect from a Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham. Breakfast was okay and a great job by staff in making us feel welcome.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I'm so happy to hear you found our location convenient and we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay. I hope we can host you again should you be returning to our area. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, and thank you for choosing Microtel by Wyndham at Charles Pointe!
Fairfax
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Clean rooms, comfy beds, and a great rate. The staff is friendly and eager to help with whatever you need. Breakfast is average, but what do you expect at such a low rate?

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Channing M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Tom,

Thanks for your patronage and such an endorsement in your review! We will continue to work to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable hotel lodging, and we are actively developing plans to improve and increase our breakfast offering. Providing our guests with a pleasant stay and top quality service at a value price is our fundamental goal, and I'm thankful we can add you to our growing list of satisfied guests. We welcome you back to the Microtel Inn & Suites Bridgeport whenever you're in north central West Virginia!

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport? Share your experiences!